Do you have to stan a group to be able to mention their name?

• Do you have to stan a group to be able to mention their name?

I saw on a thread that blinks' were getting mad at an Aespa stan for mentioning Jennie's name when they "don't even stan Blackpink." Why?

Why are kpop stans so protective over their faves and treat them like they are Voldemort? Do you think that you have to stan someone in order to use them as a comparison?

Would I have to stan Exo to be able to say that BTS is better than them?

I don't get it, tbh. Kpop idols are celebrities, you can't control who says their name when it's public information, and it's kind of hypocritical to wish for people to recognise your faves as famous but then not allow for them to say their name and talk about their careers.

I can understand being mad at someone for "setting up an idol" that they aren't even a fan of but when it's a compliment, should you really be gatekeeping who mentions your faves name?

I don't get blinks' specifically that do that. I saw another thread of a blink saying that they are tired of people comparing Jennie to their rookie idols when I can guarantee you that Jennie thinks it's flattering.

All throughout debut, blinks' kept referring to Jennie as "The Female GD." So how come when it's a lesser-known idol, it's forbidden to use Jennie as the greater comparison?

Beyoncé stans don't get bitter over people saying that so and so is "The Next Beyoncé" because they know that Beyoncé won't be replaced that easily. So how come kpop stans start shaking in their boots every time someone puts their faves and another idol in the same sentence? :/

Do you get mad at people saying that their faves are "The Next" successor of your biased group? Do you take it as a compliment or do you just not care because your faves achievements aren't your own?

I feel like it is different when multiple media articles use a (senior) group's name as clickbait to promote another group as "The Next" version of them. BTS has mentioned it before and I completely understand why they get upset by journalists calling other boy groups that promote in America "The Next BTS." But, can you really be mad at a fan on a forum for using your faves name as a comparison?

Keep in mind that comparisons aren't always bad.

• Well if you're talking about that thread, context is important. Nothing's wrong about mentioning their names but if they're not on the topic and out of nowhere their names were mentioned, that's unnecessary.

You called out blinks and yet, blinks are not the only fandom who does that.

:!: :!: :!:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• Well if you're talking about that thread, context is important. Nothing's wrong about mentioning their names but if they're not on the topic and out of nowhere their names were mentioned, that's unnecessary.

You called out blinks and yet, blinks are not the only fandom who does that.

But, my point still stands? I don't see why people get mad at others for "randomly mentioning a group" when it's normal for people to use comparisons to describe their thoughts.

• But, my point still stands? I don't see why people get mad at others for "randomly mentioning a group" when it's normal for people to use comparisons to describe their thoughts.

Well you're almost 2 years here in the forum and I assume you already know some users uses the comparisons to shade bp. There's a long and rich history of that here so you can't blame blinks for that.

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• No

not in regards to what you mentioned about jennie but kpop stans just use that as an excuse so their faves dont get criticized

they need to stop being babies

the only time I agree with it is when it comes to criticism on pricing for merch or whateva cause ppl can do what they want with their money

• No it's stupid and people like this over react in my eyes. If you name another Idol in a subjective way and not insulting them why people get angry!

I remember when BlackPink Debut people say Jisoo is not a good dance and start hating on her. So I said that dancing is not everything look at T.O.P he is not the best dancer but one of the best Idol in the World.

Of course some Idiot got angry and say thinks like: How dare you to say T.O.P suck at dancing

It's like these people see everything as insult. Not the best mean suck and that I said one of the best Idol the completely

ignore.

• First of all you made a thread without knowing the context behind why we were upset with this person. This person uses Jennie as a clutch to hide the fact that they shade Blackpink every chance they get. That user does it all the time, they downplay Blackpink yet expects us not to call them out for it.

• Yes. I don't really understand why some are so triggered by comparison. Everything is comparative in the end. Just you can see it as compliment. But yeah as above said depends on the context. But kpop fans take things too serious and they are hella dramatic.

I've noticed a huge portion of Kpop stans in general are freakishly sensitive over the tiniest things. It's fuckin weird, honestly. God help you if you even utter the word "compare" or mention another group's name in a youtube vid. It's like you've personally kicked their dog in the face. It aint that serious. I want to believe these are just prepubescent kids that don't know how to sort out their feelings yet and they're just particularly loud about it... but I see it everywhere and it's off-putting.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• I love how blinks get you so mad. You always create threads about us. You clearly don't know the context so why bother inserting yourself in an argument and even creating a thread about it :angryr:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!