How to stop anxiety ?

• I have always been a person who who worries for things easily, and its getting worse as time passes, i cant sleep, focus, eat, this is like living hell, i try to distract myself watching movies, tv shows, listening music, as well as come here or go on twitter talking kpop or rando silly things, for the moment I forgot things but after that I thinks about it again, i want to stop this, i feel like my life wont progress if i keep being this way

• well running thoughts through your head can be hunting

I try to write them down

Process of writing slows your thoughts and gives you space to see the situation more logically

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• drugs. the prescribed kind. go see a doctor.

or if that's not an option then i think the best thing is having someone to confide in, that you're able to feel relaxed around and just work on whatever. i often facetime my friend these days when its hard to focus, and i just talk to them until whenever im feeling better

• I have always been a person who who worries for things easily, and its getting worse as time passes, i cant sleep, focus, eat, this is like living hell, i try to distract myself watching movies, tv shows, listening music, as well as come here or go on twitter talking kpop or rando silly things, for the moment I forgot things but after that I thinks about it again, i want to stop this, i feel like my life wont progress if i keep being this way

well, as a person who has anxiety bcs of PTSD which triggered depression, i can relate. i often think too much ab people's expectations because as a student who is considered smart by both peers & staff, i have pressure to always have perfect of near perfect grades. and since im in my last leg of school before adult life actually comes (high-school) and i head off to college, i have to work even harder. but sometimes i just let it all out and cry because that helps or tell someone. or draw it out .

BUT DON'T WORRY YOU GOT THIS!!!!!!!!

˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷ιм тнe oɴe ι ѕнoυld love ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷˚ ༘✶ ⋆。˚ ⁀➷

pink flames on a black backgrounda man wearing a red jacket with the words for bts jhope at the bottompink flames on a black background

• Anxiety is just awful, I also have nightmares and other things, can not get rid of this problem for several years, I would be grateful for advice from those who have faced this before.

• There is a book my therapist suggested me called The Anxiety & Worry Workbook - The Cognitive Behavioral Solution. It costs about 15 dollars but I found it at my local library. Here is the book on worldcat.org (website that tells you if a book is at a library near you).

I only did the first 2 chapters so far. But from what I can tell basically the point of it is, is that the book gives you a ton of exercises telling you to detail every symptom, worrying situation, and episode you experience. Then it gives you a ton of exercises telling you to logically argue against your beliefs and thoughts at their root, so that you can handle the things that you are scared of or worrying about. Maybe you might not need that much help, but there are some chapters specifically on strategies to deal with anxiety that you can skip to.

If you get the book let me know, it seems to be in every library in existence according to that library site I found. Cause I keep meaning to continue with this book, but I forget about it or don't feel like it. I don't exactly feel like telling anyone IRL that I am reading this, but in this thread we can even start a book club for motivation. Like let's all read chapter 2 this week or something like that. Idk maybe I am getting overzealous, anyway see if you can borrow the book

• I received a diagnosis of avoidant personality disorder five years ago, which is similar to anxiety, but more severe, as I was completely unaware that my intense feelings of inadequacy and fear were getting completely out of hand. I couldn't even make phone calls anymore because I was too afraid of somehow embarrassing myself.

Tbh, the only thing that has helped me, is to continually force myself to face things head on. Over and over and over again, until my brain learns that nothing truly bad ever happens in the situations I'm so deathly afraid of.

It takes patience, but you can retrain your brain by negating fears with positive (or at least harmless) real outcomes.

I know this isn't what people like us want to hear, because facing things head on seems impossible... But in my experience you either do just that, or it just gets worse and worse, as avoiding becomes a habit and the brain learns that avoiding things makes the nasty feelings of fear go away.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!