What would make you drop your faves?

• music that changes in a direction i don't like (g-idle after hann)

my bias leaves with no hope of returning (fromis_9 after gyuri left)

a major scandal that just put a bad taste in my mouth (le sserafim after garam, even if i stand by garam being innocent)

You considered yourself a fan of (G)I-DLE only during Latata and Hann, wow, their existence to you must be weird now

Like how I only considered myself a fan of Stray Kids before God's Menu and now its weird

ah i stopped following pixy after satbyeol left. She was one of my biases :(

also crimes for sure too... (the more extreme kinds like violence).

My bias is Dajeong

I don't really consider myself a fan of them but I stop feeling interest in them whenever they depart too much from their debut concept, with Let Me Know and Villain

It might play some role that Dajeong's hair isn't red anymore too :melon_think:

Ever since they dyed their hair all black it's blunted their individual colors (Literally)

• You considered yourself a fan of (G)I-DLE only during Latata and Hann, wow, their existence to you must be weird now

Like how I only considered myself a fan of Stray Kids before God's Menu and now its weird

i fell in love with idle the day latata dropped. like, i learned every member's name in an hour. watched all the videos. immediately became obsessed. then hann dropped and it was like 🤯🤯

i still really love their discography even if i'm not into most of their title tracks

Why?

idk. it just turned me off from the group. i still like the members though.

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• My bias is Dajeong

I don't really consider myself a fan of them but I stop feeling interest in them whenever they depart too much from their debut concept, with Let Me Know and Villain

It might play some role that Dajeong's hair isn't red anymore too :melon_think:

Ever since they dyed their hair all black it's blunted their individual colors (Literally)

hmm idk if that was an issue for me. I feel like they didn't depart too much to the point it was jarring. Now if they full on released a song like "Call Me" as a serious comeback with an album built around it, that would be extremely jarring, but "Call Me" was ultimately a one off song they did for fun because they really wanted to try out a cute concept.

Ik they cameback recently... haven't listened to it, don't plan on listening to it. I think what stood out to pixy at debut that made me fan was their dark witchy concept which I like because I love those vibes, a surprisingly good production and consistency in their discography for a nugu group, their story and lore looked interesting, good performers (shoutout to dia) and interesting choreo, and I also liked the vocals with ella being a nice powerhouse and Lola and Satbyeol having very lovely deep tones.

They had things that made them stand out to me a lot at the time, but ultimately as they are a nugu group, they will struggle. I stan groups in which members departed while I have stanned (ghost9, purple kiss), but something about this departure affected me more. Perhaps it's just because it's my bias that left or maybe since they are a nugu group, I'm worried about their stability and don't want to be saddened when another member leaves or a disbandment happens. I was a fan of bugaboo for awhile, and that happened to them sometime after I stopped following them so closely... that is the risk with getting attached to groups like these...

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• There have been a lot of serious crimes over the past few years though so it's not too unrealistic. Some people have stopped stanning because of that member, others have remained because that member is gone now.

• Good news would be ot10 renewal but seeing as how top media has kept jinhyuk and wooseok as soloists since produce and acts like jinhoo no longer exists i will be fine with ot7 renewal. Kogyeol saud he was positive and talks were going well at their last comeback showcase but we have no news

There have been a lot of members who have left companies but remained in groups recently so anything is possible. I hope you can get at least something positive though. <3

• In the past I lost interest in my previous faves because of lack of activity or just losing interest in kpop in general but for my current faves it would take something big like bad behavior or SA scandal…

Inactivity can be a real killer. It's nice listening to their old songs but when you don't get anything new it can change a lot.

• There have been a lot of members who have left companies but remained in groups recently so anything is possible. I hope you can get at least something positive though. <3

Thanks! hope so as well!

• There have been a lot of serious crimes over the past few years though so it's not too unrealistic. Some people have stopped stanning because of that member, others have remained because that member is gone now.

I can't see myself having a bad association with the whole group cause even if they were the lead singer of a band or the most important member, there are still many other members that had nothing to do with the case

Which ones other than Burning Sun though (Which only had a couple k-pop idols)

The only other thing I can think of is Noir Yunsung assaulting girlfriend

I guess there were many drunk driving accidents (AB6IX Youngmin DUI, Victon Heochan DUI, Ze:a member, After School Lizzy) which is a serious crime but not something I would feel upset at them for

I mean causing a car crash is also a serious crime, but it would be hard to feel upset at a person I don't know for doing that if no one was injured or killed

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!