Put these 4th gen girl groups in 1st tier, 2nd tier and 3rd tier based on popularity

• What is Nugu?

• well after thinking on it, I think my "seniority" = more fans theory doesn't make sense, because even if a group just debuted this year, a ton of fans joining this year still > less fans joining over 3 or 4 years. I underestimated the amount of fans of big 4 groups.

take a look at this post

[enter-talk] 4TH GENERATION GIRL GROUP FANDOM INFLOW INDEX IN 2022
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

StayC is at the bottom of every social media follower count, and Loona + Dreamcatcher follower counts aren't even higher enough to be on the list. In addition these 3 groups sales also significantly lower. So these 3 are definitely not more popular than Nmixx and Kep1er despite that these groups just debuted.

NewJeans has gained more followers than Nmixx and Kep1er in the same amount of time.

Also I realized Loona metrics like follower counts and fancafe members are 2x or 3x of Dreamcatcher's.

So I will change my list to

(Now for both Korean and International)

Tier 1: Itzy, aespa,

IVE

LE SSERAFIM,

(G)-IDLE,

NewJeans

NMIXX, Kep1er

- LSF could > Ive in fans, I'm not sure, but Ive has more publically recognized songs

- NJ, Nmixx, Kep1er might have more fans than (G)I-DLE in fans, but (G)I-DLE has more publically recognized songs and higher sales. I'm not sure if they should be below or above NJ, Nmixx, and Kep1er right now, but probably they will be below them when another year passes.

- NewJeans is already ahead of Nmixx and Kep1er in fans and has more publically recognized songs.

Tier 2:

Loona,

----- Big gap

Dreamcatcher

StayC

fromis_9

- Follower counts/fancafe members of Stayc and Fromis_9 are either similar or Stayc is much higher. Stayc has ~50,000 higher sales

- Loona and Dreamcatcher have actually close sales to fromis_9 but are probably ahead of StayC and fromis_9 internationally. They have actually toured while the last 2 groups haven't. But they aren't that much known in South Korea.

Tier 3

---- Big gap

Weeekly, Billlie

-Viviz

Edit: Loona and DC to Tier 2 cause I am considering international fans.

• Tier 1 (demonstrated multiple strong songs across multiple metrics): Ive, aespa, Itzy, GIDLE, Le Sserafim

Tier 2 (strong performance in one metric or not enough songs to fully assess): NewJeans (until they have a strong cb, I can’t put them in the top because the GP has had random love affairs for a minute with many different groups, NMIXX, StayC

(I really feel like this should be split into up and comers like Billlie and it probably ain’t gonna happen at this point like Loona and Viviz.)

Tier 3 (show promise in some metrics but not enough): Billlie, Kep1er

Tier 4 (only if a hit song happens): Loona, Viviz, Weeekly, fromis_9

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Dreamcatcher is 3rd gen. They debuted in January 2017. Majority of the members actually debuted back in 2014 as MNIX but the group did poorly so in 2017 they added Gahyeon and Handong to the lineup and rebranded themselves as Dreamcather.

Calling Dreamcatcher a 4th gen group is a pet peeve of mine. Lots of people include them on 4th gen lists for some reason when they aren't close to being a 4th group. It always bothers me :sweat:

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!