Top Selling Korean Acts in China for 2022

• Since the year's almost up, I decided to do a collection of the top selling Korean acts in China.

Top Selling Albums

1. Born Pink - 862,398
    2. I Never Die - 558,871
    3. I Love - 502,966
    4. Feel My Rhythm - 207,082
    5. INVU - 114,391
    6. Glitch Mode - 100,316
    7. Proof - 94,707
    8. Beat Box - 94,509
    9. Face The Sun - 86,791
    10. Birthday - 85,837

Top Selling Singles

1. Still Life - 1,909,377
    2. Pink Venom - 1,473,390
    3. Dar+ling - 139,032

(The rest are too low to bother counting)

Top Selling Acts

1. BlackPink
    2. (G)I-DLE
    3. BigBang
    4. Seventeen
    5. Red Velvet

Points of Note

• These are digital sales/Downloads.
    • Since mid last year, China's implemented a 1 buy per user. Which means generally speaking the numbers listed are roughly how many actual people bought these albums and singles
    • Most of this isn't going to change outside of Birthday, which based off its numbers is probably gonna land around INVU but based on its trajectory I don't think is going to pass Feel My Rhythm
    • Following the 1 buy rule, there's been a slight dip in most acts sales with the exception of BlackPink and BigBang
    • (G)I-DLE completely popped off in China. Before this year they were a solid upper mid tier act. Around your NCT Dreams and Mamamoos. But these last two albums have put them in place to take 3rd behind BP and BigBang. Though EXO may have a reversal if they ever release another album
    • BTS' sales in China have been on a decline. While I believe a bit of this is due to the bulk buy prevention, the majority of it is not. BTS sales have been declining well before the bulk buy ban was instituted. Their fall off in sales basically seems to coincide with the issue back in 2020
    • Red Velvet might actually slide pass BigBang off of their second album by year's end
    • Seventeen's multiple releases really helped them put numbers up on the board.
  • I think IVE bars pulled even bigger numbers, but yeah, it's interesting that non of the younger 4th gen groups are here

dang. i dont know what the bigger implication is here.

is it that ive is so popular to have cfanbases without a chinese member?

ningning not pulling enough cbar numbers despite being chinese?

or aespa being so internationally and domestically popular in more areas that they don't need c-fanbases for album numbers.

what a time for ggs.

• is it that ive is so popular to have cfanbases without a chinese member?

ningning not pulling enough cbar numbers despite being chinese?

The Chinese members are very rarely the most popular members in their groups in China. For instance with NCT Dream, last time I checked Jaemin had the biggest cbar by quite a margin.

• doesn't aespa have a huge c-fanbase as well? i remember karina's cbar alone pulling 50k albums or smth cmiiw

I think IVE bars pulled even bigger numbers, but yeah, it's interesting that non of the younger 4th gen groups are here

Many K-pop groups don't have their albums available to buy on China, just on streaming. Maybe aespa and Ive are one of these ones.

• Wow, these are interesting stats. It’s interesting to see the emphasis on completely different groups as well as the lack of 4th Gen. I was surprised not to see SKZ here with their viral growth in China.

I admit it’s also funny to see the groups everyone shouts “yOuR sAlEs aRe iNflAtEd bY bUlK bUyInG iN cHiNa” aren’t even on the list. :cryingr:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Wow. So BTS don’t depend on China for their massive album sales? Can’t imagine of China supports them too.

Congrats YG for having King and Queen of China album sales!! Blackpink and Bigbang really have China on a choke hold, it’s amazing.

the list is of digital sales in China. Not depend but 800k physical album sales is still great number ( mots7 ??).

• Wow, these are interesting stats. It’s interesting to see the emphasis on completely different groups as well as the lack of 4th Gen. I was surprised not to see SKZ here with their viral growth in China.

I admit it’s also funny to see the groups everyone shouts “yOuR sAlEs aRe iNflAtEd bY bUlK bUyInG iN cHiNa” aren’t even on the list. :cryingr:

Their albums are not available for download on China, so their music can only be heard on streaming plataforms or if their albums are imported.

To be honest, JYP never invested on them on China. They didn't have an official account on Bilibili until around 2 months ago and their official Weibo account was completely abandoned. There were eras not even comeback announcent and teasers were posted there. It's kinda of a miracle they went viral lol.

• Their albums are not available for download on China, so their music can only be heard on streaming plataforms or if their albums are imported.

To be honest, JYP never invested on them on China. They didn't have an official account on Bilibili until around 2 months ago and their official Weibo account was completely abandoned. There were eras not even comeback announcent and teasers were posted there. It's kinda of a miracle they went viral lol.

Truly organic and viral growth!

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Plus, BTS's albums is available only a one platform and their albums are sold more expensive than other albums. That's why BTS is in the top three in terms of revenue, despite selling so little.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!