Random facts you have about your country?

• Name as many facts as you can about the country you come from ~

For Germany:

• Germany is the country with the most castles in the world with estimated over 25.000 castles all over the country
    • Yangyang Liu is from Germany, he used to live here with his family for over 8 years and his mother and sister are still living in Germany
    • Germany has 4 cities with more than 1 million citizen wich are München (munich), Köln (Cologne), Hamburg and Berlin
    • The most famous foreigner in Korea is a German guy called Daniel Lindemann. I saw an interview from a German Youtuber where she asked him and he said he never thought to become that popular in a foreign country after he moved to Korea
    • The Queen of Sweeden Silvia is actually from Germany. She met her husband, the king of Sweden during the olympics in 1972 as she was working in Munich and he came to watch the games
    • Besides Germany, German is also spoken in Austria, Swizerland, Lichtenstein, parts of Luxembourg and parts of Belgium as well as a few people in northern Italy are fluently in German wich is why many street signs in northern Italy are in 2 languages
    • There exist a town close to the city Nürnberg where almost all signes in stores and on the street exist in German and Japanese
    • The City Düsseldorf has the most Japanese citizen outside of Japan with more than 10K citizen being Japanese. More than 30K of the people in the city are Asian or of Asian ancestry
    • Over 4 million citizen in Germany are Turkish or of Turkish ancestry making the biggest number of foreign people in the country
    • There are living around 500K black people in Germany where only around half of them was born inside the country

What are some facts about your own country?

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Name as many facts as you can about the country you come from ~

For Germany:

• Germany is the country with the most castles in the world with estimated over 25.000 castles all over the country
    • Yangyang Liu is from Germany, he used to live here with his family for over 8 years and his mother and sister are still living in Germany
    • Germany has 4 cities with more than 1 million citizen wich are München (munich), Köln (Cologne), Hamburg and Berlin
    • The most famous foreigner in Korea is a German guy called Daniel Lindemann. I saw an interview from a German Youtuber where she asked him and he said he never thought to become that popular in a foreign country after he moved to Korea
    • The Queen of Sweeden Silvia is actually from Germany. She met her husband, the king of Sweden during the olympics in 1972 as she was working in Munich and he came to watch the games
    • Besides Germany, German is also spoken in Austria, Swizerland, Lichtenstein, parts of Luxembourg and parts of Belgium as well as a few people in northern Italy are fluently in German wich is why many street signs in northern Italy are in 2 languages
    • There exist a town close to the city Nürnberg where almost all signes in stores and on the street exist in German and Japanese
    • The City Düsseldorf has the most Japanese citizen outside of Japan with more than 10K citizen being Japanese. More than 30K of the people in the city are Asian or of Asian ancestry
    • Over 4 million citizen in Germany are Turkish or of Turkish ancestry making the biggest number of foreign people in the country
    • There are living around 500K black people in Germany where only around half of them was born inside the country

What arsome facts about your own country?

Same because I'm also from germany :|:|:|

• wait is it Singapore lol

Yes :cryingr::cryingr:

Another random fact, I think only we do this but we "chope" (reserve) seats with tissue paper

Singapore's food centre chope culture: Is it practical or plain rude?,  Singapore News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

Like if there is a tissue there you BETTER NOT SIT ON IT OR ELSE HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE

If not tissue, we use namecards, umbrellas, tbh we are daring enough to leave our belongings on the tables because it's genrally pretty safe here

• What if I don't chew the gum? :D

You cannot bring it in

Prohibition
    3. Except as provided in regulation 3A, the importation into Singapore of any chewing gum is prohibited.[S 632/2003 wef 01/01/2004]
    Import of chewing gum for health-related purposes
    3A. Regulation 3 does not apply to any of the following:
    (a) any chewing gum that is registered or deemed to be registered as a therapeutic product under the Health Products Act (Cap. 122D) other than under the classification of a general sale list medicine in the Register of Health Products;
    (b) any chewing gum that is registered or deemed to be registered as an oral dental gum under the Health Products Act and —
    (i) contains calcium lactate at a concentration of between 2% and 5% weight in weight and xylitol at a concentration of between 12% and 36% weight in weight; or
    (ii) is sugarless and contains sodium hexametaphosphate at a concentration of between 1% and 2% weight in weight;
    (c) any other chewing gum that is registered as an oral dental gum under the Health Products Act and classified as a prescription‑only oral dental gum in the Register of Health Products.
  • so i'm from down under:

our wifi is literally shiitake, so everyone uses mobile data

drop bears exist

our fire warning signs go from low-moderate, high, very high, severe and to catastrophic (bad eh?)

kangaroos can fly out and kick your car when you're out on the road (like ruralish)

kookaburras are freaking loud in the morning

we literally hate our PM sm we changed turnbull to scomo

we love that man on the lawn (a video, search up scomo get off the grass)

idek, Bunnings snags are legendary

lammingtons are nice

EN-: jungwon | heeseung | jay | jake | sunghoon | sunoo | ni-ki

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• People in Chile are so used to earthquakes they can know how strong in the richter scale it was just by feeling it

We don’t really move from our beds unless the earthquake is +7

We are three continental (south america, oceania and antartica)

We have the driest desert in the world, the one that turns into a garden in a certain moment of the year

10D61CE5-D666-4FD5-BE10-97B3947748D6.jpeg

• I won't do my whole country, because America is big. I'll do my state (South Carolina).

- we have either three or four regions of barbeque sauce, depending on who you talk to (mustard, ketchup, vinegar, and a different vinegar). The upstate likes ketchup or tomato, the midstate likes mustard, the lower state likes vinegar (except for certain regions of the upstate who also like vinegar, so it's complicated). If you want to start an argument in SC, come for the region's bbq.

- Charleston was the biggest slave-importing port in America, which is something to be deeply ashamed of. But it's shaped our state's history, and now several of the towns/islands near there have Gullah populations and a very unique culture, which South Carolina quietly preserves. There are racists here, but also a LOT of people who respect and love Gullah culture, enough that it's considered a state treasure.

- Charleston also has a food scene that's unparalleled outside of NY. Greenville is developing its' own food scene, but if you want great food in SC, take yourself to Charleston. There are tiny fish shacks along the coast as well, where they literally don't have menus and you eat whatever came in on the day's boats. It's amazingly fresh, and amazingly good.

- sweetgrass baskets are also considered a state treasure, and some of the designs can be very elaborate. There are also pinestraw baskets, which are rarer, more difficult to make, and the makers are considered elite in the basket-weaving community.

- we're one of the few states with both a long coastline and mountains.

- Appalachian culture is alive and well in upstate SC. With all its accoutrements: music, dress, even styles of building houses.

- football is THE sport here. High school, college, or pro. Football is king. But Dawn Staley is revered as the women's basketball coach at Univ of SC. USC women's basketball is unexpectedly popular, The rest of sports are hit-or-miss (USC baseball used to be good then wasn't), but everyone in this state will have an opinion on football (whether it's Clemson or USC).

• Most spoken language in the world would be english, since a lot of people can speak it as a second or third language. But mandarin is the most spoken native language.

that's probably what i wanted to say lol

• we held the record of going the longest without an elected government and then it got broken... by us again.
    • we have 3 national languages, German (as op indicated), Dutch and French. Most of us know at least 2 of them
    • there's more than one kind of Belgian waffles. Also I'm not sure how people in the US make the so-called "belgian waffles" but they're nothing like the ones we make and not even that good
    • the word "spa" (like a wellness) comes from the Belgian town Spa which to this day has some pretty good wellness places
    • both the NATO headquarters and the European parliament are located in Brussels, the result is that we have the highest number of diplomats and foreign press correspondents in the world together with Washington DC
    • we currently have two living kings, the former king and his son, who is on the throne now
    • the smurfs and tintin are both belgian
    • we invented the french fries
  • Not just yours, but mistakes from all of us are everywhere ;-)

but you would be more apprehensive about correcting the mistakes of people not named selfmate right?

they might jump on you and call you mean things...

whereas I call you mean things regardless of whether you correct me or not ;-)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!