RE: Predict which 4th gen boygroup will chart in top 100 melon first?

• OP

I am assuming its daily, I think sm new bg or pledis new bg. I have actually thought of trainee a first but idk if they can do it when txt and enhypen havent done it. SM usually consistent in digital with all their groups so I am sure their new bg will enter. Reading korean sites pledis new bg was so anticipated so I think they will do decent as well.

• It’s not gonna be anyone from any regular company including big3/4 (maybe a YG hip hop BG will have some chance but that’s a huge maybe)

Whenever people forget the produce scandal and there’s a new survival show BG, they’ll chart. Until then BGs will stay dead on the charts.

• I think the problem with Ifans is that they're treating Melon like it's 2015.

Melon is dying. They've been hemorrhaging users for about 5-6 years. Their marketshare of streaming in Korea is down below 40%.

In a country that has a population roughly the size of California, you're not talking about a lot of people.

That's why no one can get 1 million ULs anymore. You're talking about roughly 4 million active users on Melon.

Now ask yourself, why do we as Kpop fans, care about what these specific 4 million Koreans listen to? Kpop has truly outgrown Melon.

YouTube Music is the fastest growing platform in Korea. And when you consider Spotify is just now getting started in Korea. Melon is truly the Myspace of Korea...or at this point, the Facebook of Korea, only Boomers are really still using the platform.

So that's why you see labels focusing on global fandoms, and boybgroups are usually the ones that can build big, dedicated fandoms.

Next door in Japan you have 4x the population and a 10x bigger market.

Melon is just not that important anymore.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• boys need to chart in korea, thats how they regain their hype, nowadays no one cares about bgs its sad to see

• YouTube Music is the fastest growing platform in Korea.

YouTube Music is growing? That's news to me, I really dislike listening on there because the volume of all songs is adjusted to be slightly louder than the original volume, and I don't know how to adapt my computer volume accordingly

• BGs don't well in general tho, neither in genie or Flo and in genie ifans can stream too and is not like they do amazing on youtube music either, when you open youtube music right now there is no bg in top 50 and youtube music is used by younger people where idols dominate which is why idols do much better in youtube music

• Huh wait you telling me NONE of them even made top 100 ????

The gag when TripleS makes it to top 100 before any 4th bg does YESSSS

since reform no

pre-reform bg peaks

x1 "flash"#19

txt "cant you see me" - #55

after reform

FdMkfW9agAMdH4_?format=jpg&name=900x900

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

GMBjOc3bIAEWlyG?format=jpg&name=large

Edited 3 times, last by Vivi1388 ().

• Huh wait you telling me NONE of them even made top 100 ????

The gag when TripleS makes it to top 100 before any 4th bg does YESSSS

i think you might have confused daily chart which is mentioned here with the regular top 100 and for that TXT, TBZ, Enhypen and SKZ have entered but daily chart proves that it's not a one or two hour thing and that's where bgs have difficulties

• boys need to chart in korea, thats how they regain their hype,

No they don't.

I'll reiterate the point again.

Kpop labels focus on global and fandoms because they make more money.

In the long run, the 10 boomers that still use Melon don't matter.

nowadays no one cares about bgs its sad to see

No.

Nowadays labels don't care about Korea. I'm actually happy to see it.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• The vibe of some of these comments are weird - why wouldn’t they care about their home country and why are you as a foreign fan “happy to see it”. Some of us kpop fans/enjoyers need to watch it. People be getting a little too comfortable…

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!