Being a good dancer & singer at the same time is more important than excelling in only one!!

• I think it depends on your own personal preferences tbh. If you are someone that watches a lot of content, MVs, live perfs etc then dancing or having balance is more important to you. If you are someone that mainly listens then vocals and music are probably more important.

For me, I listen to kpop everyday, but I watch it maybe once a week or less. So decent vocals weigh more for me. Personally I like listening to those who have unique-ish tones rather than great technical vocals.

• For me it's usually vocals> stage presence>>>> dancing. But even lately, stage presence is starting to matter to me more than even vocals

I've just never really been on board with the shift over the last few years from fun, catchy choreography to unnecessarily complicated and intricate dancing. Something I blame on the rise of fancams and JYPE as a whole. It's sometimes interesting to watch on music shows but for actual festivals and concerts, not so much imo. Any idol with a decent sense of time (and isn't stiff in the back or knees ffs) is fine imo. You just don't need dancing to be good performers, you really dont

Personally I'd love for vocals to make a comeback but we've collectively decided that singers no longer need to sing

• i think its more important to just stick to your strengths, if u r a good dancer but meh vocals then do the dance break, if u r a good singer but cant dance well, the choreo should be in such a way that u r at the centre only on those dance moves which u can execute well

• i disagree. I think having one skill in which you are a master is better than these so-called all-rounders. I consider singing the most important skill. I will take Taeyeon over all the people you mentioned any day any time

I agree. Not to mention when you are forty and your knees are hurting you can still hold concerts. I stan Suju so we are getting there, lol. :sweat: Donghae had knee surgery this year, Shindong also has hurting knees and Yesung's back is basically done for. ;( But as the group has good singers, in few years I think fans would attend the concerts even if they didn't dance at all or danced easier choreographies.

A masterpiece.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!