BTS IS A MONSTER IN SALES AND HYBE IS DESPERATE

• HYBE is run by incompetent Executives. Yes they should diversify and decrease their dependence on BTS BUT you don’t downplay your main source of income by allowing their brand to lose power/ influence by giving their work less support than what other groups get. You should still be milking it with the same or better support. HYBE choosing bad investments ( like Scooter, YG, NFT company, etc.) is the real problem. They would have been better off opening a SK acting/comedian management agency focusing on artists who want more opportunities in the west/US. They could have forced Scooter to earn his paycheck by leveraging his connections. Or even started BTS fashion/cosmetics/skincare/shoe line by themselves or as collabs with well known brands. I wonder if that BTS/ LV collab that we heard briefly about will still happen. Focusing so much on tech ( instead of traditional methods) is more of a gamble because the target markets are too niche and not GP oriented. Mostly ARMY play BTS games. Gamers are too toxic to want to play a boy band game. GP will buy clothing, skin care, shoes, etc. if they like it. Not necessarily because of the artist name attached to it. Rihanna, Yeezy, Jessica Simpson built fashion empires and they all have different levels of popularity during their music careers.

• HYBE is run by incompetent Executives. Yes they should diversify and decrease their dependence on BTS BUT you don’t downplay your main source of income by allowing their brand to lose power/ influence by giving their work less support than what other groups get. You should still be milking it with the same or better support. HYBE choosing bad investments ( like Scooter, YG, NFT company, etc.) is the real problem. They would have been better off opening a SK acting/comedian management agency focusing on artists who want more opportunities in the west/US. They could have forced Scooter to earn his paycheck by leveraging his connections. Or even started BTS fashion/cosmetics/skincare/shoe line by themselves or as collabs with well known brands. I wonder if that BTS/ LV collab that we heard briefly about will still happen. Focusing so much on tech ( instead of traditional methods) is more of a gamble because the target markets are too niche and not GP oriented. Mostly ARMY play BTS games. Gamers are too toxic to want to play a boy band game. GP will buy clothing, skin care, shoes, etc. if they like it. Not necessarily because of the artist name attached to it. Rihanna, Yeezy, Jessica Simpson built fashion empires and they all have different levels of popularity during their music careers.

Netmarble (whose owner is also Bang PD's cousin) is 2nd biggest shareholder of hybe that's why they focus so much on gaming. They formed all these connections using BTS 's popularity and now are trying to keep them happy by all these useless projects. Artists' interest is the least priority.

• Netmarble (whose owner is also Bang PD's cousin) is 2nd biggest shareholder of hybe that's why they focus so much on gaming. They formed all these connections using BTS 's popularity and now are trying to keep them happy by all these useless projects. Artists' interest is the least priority.

I agree. It’s also why the only way they can decrease their dependency on BTS (at least optics wise) is by having BTS underperform. Instead of having their tech investments making significant returns, they continue to use BTS for their bad tech investments while undermining BTS in their main job as music artists.

• I get why HYBE has to show that they are decreasing their independency on BTS, I mean they are growing and need to be in the market for years more and keep growing, BTS won't be as active as before, after returning from military they for sure want to pursue individual activities other than BTS group activities.

The groups are doing their best, I mean they wont ever reach BTS level but showing their steady growth is important for investors.

Also, HYBE would be so stupid to ruin the album role out of the members like they did with J-Hope. Other than the weird shipment days for Jin the album role out has been good imo. I get they want to reduce being reliant on BTS but they for sure don't want to miss the massive amount of income they will get, especially from maknae line, that alone will also bring investors since the members will keep releasing individual albums along with BTS albums in the years to come.

★*★*★*★*★ Fearless, say yes, we don't dress to impress ★*★*★*★*★

dbbc37ee9b34ecb400d4db7532da1d35482c7371.gifv 3923379cb0fbe44b64145967a41d9516e417f661.gifv 682caaf41fe5214856b2773b89e21a72d129a70d.gifv a5265df948bd48063ce07183be2c0b2db46f9bc7.gifv

• HYBE: We are reducing our dependence on BTS.

2022: 65% sales gains come from BTS.

LMAO good job bro :pepe-hehe::iconpepe:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I get why HYBE has to show that they are decreasing their independency on BTS, I mean they are growing and need to be in the market for years more and keep growing, BTS won't be as active as before, after returning from military they for sure want to pursue individual activities other than BTS group activities.

The groups are doing their best, I mean they wont ever reach BTS level but showing their steady growth is important for investors.

Also, HYBE would be so stupid to ruin the album role out of the members like they did with J-Hope. Other than the weird shipment days for Jin the album role out has been good imo. I get they want to reduce being reliant on BTS but they for sure don't want to miss the massive amount of income they will get, especially from maknae line, that alone will also bring investors since the members will keep releasing individual albums along with BTS albums in the years to come.

Jin's album rollout is pathetic, its not being shipped on time and is understocked and underproduced. Plus has no playlisting. They gave the nugu newly debuted Hybe gg TTH but can't do that for BTS members. A bloody joke of a company which has milked BTS dry and is now not giving their solos enough support.

• I agree. It’s also why the only way they can decrease their dependency on BTS (at least optics wise) is by having BTS underperform. Instead of having their tech investments making significant returns, they continue to use BTS for their bad tech investments while undermining BTS in their main job as music artists.

Yeah exactly as I said in some other thread every move they make involving bts has some hidden agenda that benefits their other groups and investors.

And still some kids think they decide everything by themselves 😂

And that’s not how you reduce your dependence on a group by sacrificing the artistes potential just because you want to look good to investors.

• HYBE choosing bad investments ( like Scooter, YG, NFT company, etc.) is the real problem. They would have been better off opening a SK acting/comedian management agency focusing on artists who want more opportunities in the west/US. They could have forced Scooter to earn his paycheck by leveraging his connections. Or even started BTS fashion/cosmetics/skincare/shoe line by themselves or as collabs with well known brands.

I always thought that Scooter's company is not worth a billion dollars. HYBE likely bought it (alongside Scooter) as a stepping stone in the US industry because the man knows the industry better. However, Scooter is not exactly THE man or one of the most powerful executives in the western industry. So, Bang only got his company as a 'flex' (for the lack of better meaning) and an overpriced acquisition. I actually think that they could've used those money to expand in Asia like build a new record company & serve as a mediator in Korea. And build a talent agency in acting & fashion.

Also, I agree. They could've utilized BTS' brand even better. A clothing/perfume & shoe line is so much better than useless games that no one cares about. Having a fashion line as a business serves better longevity. But I guess this was all hindsighted because of their obsession with Mata verse & games lol

• I agree. It’s also why the only way they can decrease their dependency on BTS (at least optics wise) is by having BTS underperform. Instead of having their tech investments making significant returns, they continue to use BTS for their bad tech investments while undermining BTS in their main job as music artists.

I don't that's HYBE agenda. They were just blindsided with Tech & games, so instead of looking at the right direction for BTS they went the total opposite side. It just sucks that BTS is the Guinea pig with their ventures because of their popularity.

• Jin's album rollout is pathetic, its not being shipped on time and is understocked and underproduced. Plus has no playlisting. They gave the nugu newly debuted Hybe gg TTH but can't do that for BTS members. A bloody joke of a company which has milked BTS dry and is now not giving their solos enough support.

I agree about the playlisting - and not only for Jin but also for Hobi and even for ot7 releases. I don't know why they signed with UM if they don't put any work for them.

But when it comes to the album - I think a lot of external factors happened here.

I found below comment on Pann but I agree with it:

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!