Starship Ent

• For them to be Big 5, still far.

Starship biggest group was Sistar. They has poor sales, but they had huge and when I say huge I mean HUGE hits. Like 9 No.1 songs consecutively huge. They made the company what it is today if not for Sistar (and also K Will) we wouldn't have the Starship groups we have today.

They also have WJSN/Monsta X/Cravity. I would say they are doing pretty good? WJSN might not seem like it but they have a pretty good following and their sales are actually decent. Monsta X is pretty big (yes physically as well), losing Wonho took a blow but they bounced back. Cravity I'm not sure but I think they should be doing better than other 4th Gen BGs.

IVE is shaping up to be bigger than all of them. They had bits like Sistar (yes it's only 3 songs but still) but the biggest difference is they had sales, which Sistar and many 2nd gen GGs don't have. The group itself has huge recognition, similar to Sistar they probably will be amongst the top few groups of their generation.

However, all of these still doesn't necessarily translate to Big 3/4. It takes more than just having 1 huge group and a few mid tier groups to be Big 5.

• i think big 3/4 is not only about revenue and stuff, its about impact and legacy, on that starship still need long way to go, depends on how Ive will do

I don't care about impact. For me, it's about revenue, etc. I consider HYBE a big 4 though many still don't consider it. I guess Starship will have to wait and see how IVE does in the next 2-3 yrs to be Big 5.

• from my understanding it's not so much the revenue that makes a company big x/y but rather their impact and contributions towards the kpop industry

• icy you've been posting a lot of essays lately :miyeon-mourning:

• That’s really not how it works but based on revenu it would either SS or Cube.

Basing off of legacy alone I think RBW has a better claim to this title than either SS or Cube.

Seeing how they own DSP whose former artists include Sechs Kies, Finkl, SS501, Kara (speaking of which Kara is having a comeback under RBW this year) etc.

Not to mention they also own WM Ent which has notable older groups B1A4 and OMG.

Also, they bought most of the discography of TS Ent who went out of business, so they own the rights to B.A.P etc.

Not to mention the RBW groups they had before all these acquisitions.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by Yseki ().

• I don't know about their revenue but I'd say it's not accurate to put them in that bracket yet. Sure IVE is inmensenly successfull so far and are leading the 4th gen gg race with aespa, but for Starship to become a huge name in the industry and have comparable money to any of the Big 3 or Hybe they would probably need more than IVE (unless IVE becomes a revenue monster like BTS to the point they hard-carry the company to the top, which is highly unlikely although we don't know about their touring potential yet). What's more likely is that they would need another hugely successfull group to start comparing with the Big 3 at least, and seeing how their last bg debuted more than 2 years ago move around 150k, I highly doubt this company is becoming that big. IVE is bigger than their own company.

What's for sure is that Starship seems to be the biggest out of the mid-tier companies nowadays, with some gap ahead of Cube.

• I don't think starship going to be big5 for at least 4 years. only depends on IVE not leading the big 5. they also need to build international influence, Build trust so that they can make a big group. MX, WJSN, and Cravity need to release good songs like IVE. I love the WJSN song but SK people are not comfortable with their song so starship needs to give Wjsn a mega-hit song. we also know boy group known for sales and international recognition so they made cravity selling machine and stand attractor.

• I don't know about their revenue but I'd say it's not accurate to put them in that bracket yet. Sure IVE is inmensenly successfull so far and are leading the 4th gen gg race with aespa, but for Starship to become a huge name in the industry and have comparable money to any of the Big 3 or Hybe they would probably need more than IVE (unless IVE becomes a revenue monster like BTS to the point they hard-carry the company to the top, which is highly unlikely although we don't know about their touring potential yet). What's more likely is that they would need another hugely successfull group to start comparing with the Big 3 at least, and seeing how their last bg debuted more than 2 years ago move around 150k, I highly doubt this company is becoming that big. IVE is bigger than their own company.

What's for sure is that Starship seems to be the biggest out of the mid-tier companies nowadays, with some gap ahead of Cube.

Sounds accurate but please say Big 4...no such thing as Big 3 anymore. HYBE is one of the big boys now

• Sounds accurate but please say Big 4...no such thing as Big 3 anymore. HYBE is one of the big boys now

I do sometimes use Big 4 but for my second take I wanted to specify the Big 3 because imo Hybe is on it's own league money-wise. BTS alone makes HUGE money not comparable to any other group on the world and the company is already far richer than any of the big 3, the only thing they lack is more groups but they already are expanding on such a short time.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!