I cant believe people are questioning BoA's dancing skills

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• BOA seems to be weirdly discounted and not given the respect and acknowledgement she rightfully deserves by a lot of new kpop fans.

She's was a literal phenom.

And that ain't no exaggeration.

She debuted SOLO at 13. Solo. With an entire album.

This is her at 14. She was beyond her years.

External Content youtu.be

She literally opened up Japan for kpop single handedly.

She's one of the legends of kpop. And is specifically known for her dancing ability.

I don't know what these weird "who is she" takes are on about.

• That wasn't the issue. She is a great idol dancer and a legend in her field. Also, she's an incompetent and biased judge with sometimes ignorant comments and echochamber of fans hyping her up. She seems very self-unaware at times and doesn't take criticism while critiquing unfairly. People have the right to call her out. Her fans are twisting why she's being called out.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.
    ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

• That wasn't the issue. She is a great idol dancer and a legend in her field. Also, she's an incompetent and biased judge with sometimes ignorant comments and echochamber of fans hyping her up. She seems very self-unaware at times and doesn't take criticism while critiquing unfairly. People have the right to call her out. Her fans are twisting why she's being called out.

Why is she an incompetent judge? What are the issues?

I haven't watched it so I'm legitimately asking.

My comment above was based on what I've seen of the criticism that seems to be this idea that she was a "mere" idol. And I think that really downplays her career and experience.

But it is true I haven't seen her judging. So I'm curious what the issue is you see.

• The Street Fighter series is really proving how different being a good Idol Dancer and being a good Professional Dancer is.

Chaeyeon was beloved as one of the best 3rd Gen dancers but got absolutely destroyed on Street Woman Fighter. The priorities for idol dancing and professional dancing are just different because an idol has to prioritize looking good above all else.

BoA is a legendary idol dancer and respectfully she needs to stay in her lane

• I haven't watched it either, but I've seen people talking about it on here before, and I think I know what their complaints are, and they are pretty valid.

1) She didn't know some of the famous dancers who played an important history in hip hop dancing and street dancing.

2) There was one group who all of the other judges thought did amazing, (as well as the audience after the show was aired), but she didn't like how they did/their performance, and rated them low for it, so they had to reperform. People think that group would have won that round if not for her vote, and having to redo it.

3) When one group was performing, she called it "scary" and said she was afraid they would hit her while dancing.

I may be missing something, but these seem to be the main things as far as I understand. I'm sure I missed a lot though. Also, let me know if I got something wrong, or said something the wrong way. I'm not all that familiar with the show, this is just what I heard other people complaining about.

• The Street Fighter series is really proving how different being a good Idol Dancer and being a good Professional Dancer is.

Chaeyeon was beloved as one of the best 3rd Gen dancers but got absolutely destroyed on Street Woman Fighter. The priorities for idol dancing and professional dancing are just different because an idol has to prioritize looking good above all else.

BoA is a legendary idol dancer and respectfully she needs to stay in her lane

I remember the very first time I heard about that a while back, and I was SO confused. She's a great dancer, why is she doing bad? I thought she'd do great! I think that taught me the difference though, and then it made sense.

• Thank you Chan for explaining! That really gives me a better idea of the context.

• Thank you Chan for explaining! That really gives me a better idea of the context.

In general she just seems very out of her element. She doesn't know who anybody is or honestly what's going on around her a lot of the time and the judgements that she's making are fairly superficial. Making comments about their expressions and appearances instead of their dancing, more fitting of Produce or something. Apparently talking down to the dancers as well

She doesn't seem to get why she's getting criticized either and threw a dance team under the bus by implying people were just upset they lost

• I can see the difference. Cheayeon's moves are more flowy and smooth, and she has more of a smile and happy expression, while the other one (don't know her name, sorry!) has sharper moves that are more clearly defined. Both are good, just in different areas and in different ways.

The difference between a pro dancer and an idol is their body isolation. It takes time and technic to get those sharp moves.

Edited once, last by sobee: Clarification ().

• TBH - I would love to see other main dancers from current groups so I can see where they stack up.

MOMO

Seulgi

Sua

Lisa

(to name a few)

It would be a really fun watch, I was learning so much comparing what I thought was a good idol dancer to a pro and the difference was not quite night and day but even I (a dunce) could see quite a difference.

"We're always with InSomnia, we can spend more time, beyond limits together!"

• I second this. Not to get them any hate, but just to see how they compare.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!