Kpop is thriving!

• I know we all complain and fight about who's the biggest artist to ever eat chicken on a Sunday in a tank top, but really, I was thinking about this that kpop is thriving.

We already know that sales are ridiculously high (and probably a bubble), but that's okay!

As kpop fans, how wonderful that we have so many strong gg right now that we can't pick one winner?

How wonderful that so many 4th gen bg are streaming and selling well that we can't pick one winner?

How wonderful that we're arguing about which group will top 2m and who will chart higher in the BB charts between BP and NCT?

How wonderful that we're arguing about which BTS soloist will chart the highest because they can all chart?

It says that we'll have more music to enjoy in this genre we love and that's a good thing!

(I may be little sprinkles and cupcakes today with the JOLO and NCT cb but let me have it.)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• i agree, theres so many kpop girl groups thriving right now in the charts :pepe-onions:

its actually nice how each comeback someone surpasses the previous group and the bar keeps rising :lisa3:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• That's just your serotonin high talking :blehr:

no but for real... there are so many groups I love about to have comebacks and tours and while I'm too poor to go to those tours, I'm so excited for them. I hope everyone stays healthy and covid free. Plus it's August which means we're getting ever closer to awards season.

• Two groups success =/=kpop thriving :-)

But it's not just two groups. You have aespa, NewJeans, Dive, even NMIXX setting sales and chart records.

Just this year alone these kpop groups were able to chart in the BB 200. Every group listed here was in the top 20 except NCT Dream. Most were in the top 10 except Dream and J Hope:

- NCT

- Enhypen

- Stray Kids

- NCT Dream

- TXT

- Seventeen

- BTS

- Nayeon

- aespa

- Itzy

- J-hope

- Ateez

Multiple groups are also charting in Spotify Global because I know people will argue that most aren't purchasing albums. Which will true, it's not the main way people consume music, it is a metric of people willing to put money down on a group, just like dropping $60 for a concert ticket.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!