[BOP or FLOP] SM STATION: NCT LAB - Jaehyun 'Forever Only'

• Bop, blop or flop? 27

1. BOP (24) 89%
    2. BLOP (1) 4%
    3. FLOP (2) 7%

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

IT'S OUT

NctzenTaglist

• SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY SOTY

• Holy shit it's so good! I was expecting something a bit more low tempo, but this is perfect! It's addictive! This is such a perfect sound for him too. He did so well.

Gonna be on a loop!

• I gave it a bop. It's smooth..very characteristic of Jaehyun's energy. The "lab-like" aspect of the song is that there is variation, musically, during the verses. SME typically will let the same loop play through most if not the entire song. That "spellcasts" some people, others it just wears the replayability out faster.

A stronger "connector", like a second inflected "only", would have made that key change flow a lot more smoothly.

Edited once, last by DMV2DMZ ().

• Wow! I wasn’t expecting it to be so uptempo. What a gorgeous slice of alt r&b flavors - the instrumental got me grooving but was simple to allow his vocals to shine (I think in comparison to the often complex NCT instrumentation). His voice as always sounds warm and gorgeous and then the silky way he glided up into his falsetto was chef’s kiss. His lyrics are beautiful: “your reflection on the shimmering ocean, glittering just like you do, that view, one touch and it fades away, so close I feel you but never have you.”

I also really appreciate that SM is continuing to allow him to sing in full voice - especially that wonderful opening with the stripped back instrumental to let it shine. There was a tendency there to try and push him higher into the more traditional Kpop tenor, which makes him sound kind of breathy. It worked mostly but I really enjoy when he’s in his fuller, richer, lower register, which they’ve done more since about Neo Zone.

Oh and of course he looks amazing in the MV.

Uh I voted bop to infinity in case it wasn’t obvious.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• also I see that one of the writers and producers on this track, who is new to SM work, but also did a song for Tinashe, also did a song on Key’s new album, so looking even more forward to that album because I really liked this song.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Also we are taking preorders for a badge if you loved the beautiful MV!

:pepe-just-smile:

• BOP WTF

:lighter-pepe:

The empty space you left behind (Oh)

Fills mе with deeper longing for you

a n • e t e r n a l • l o n g i n g | maiden of the seas | | Black and  white gif, Black and white beach, Beautiful gif

Bit belated this irony

Hеart is lost and lonely, Lonely

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Wow I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I loved this, I knew I was going to like it after the teaser but it still exceeded my expectations. It's very catchy and he sounds and looks absolutely beautiful.

• Incredible flawless I need an album king :pepe-puddle::pepe-puddle:

Legend Lee Know

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!