Kpop fans don’t actually want “something new”

• There are so many groups that are trying their own thing be it concept or music style, and yet it gets hate each time

NCT has their whole infinite members/unit concept = Gets hate for it

TripleS is an upcoming 24 member GG that will have solos, units, groups = Gets hate for it

NMIXX has their whole mixed sound concept = Gets hate for it

AESPA has AI versions of themselves = Gets hate for it, alongside weirdos making it out that there are sexual implications for it

Like these people will complain about how Kpop does the same things all the time, but would also complain if a girl group dares to have more than 5 members & do a non-girl crush eqsue concept

And god forbid you have the slightest gimmick for a groups brand, and the thinkpieces gonna come out as if Kpop wasn’t built off of gimmicks

Idk, just something that needed to be said. And I know there’s gonna be some buttmuncher who’s gonna be like “Just because I want to see something new, doesn’t mean I will agree with every non-traditional thing in Kpop that gets introduced” cuz no one said you had to agree or like EVERY new/unique aspect, but to complain about most if not all of it when you claim you want to see new things in the genre makes you part of the problem I’m pointing out

Like if you want to see new things in Kpop, actually give them a chance when they’re introduced. Or at the very least just own up to the fact that you want the same types of groups for eternity lol

• Like these people will complain about how Kpop does the same things all the time, but would also complain if a girl group dares to have more than 5 members & do a non-girl crush eqsue concept

Well I'm pretty sure the one that complains about how Kpop does the same things all the time and the one that complains if a girl group dares to do something different are actually different peoples.

• U say they get hate and while yeah they do for their concept cause many people will not like it and people should just accept it but, minus tripleS who hasnt debuted yet, they've all build strong fandoms who support them because they got interested for these particular reasons or despite them regardless. U complain abt people complaining but u used groups that are extremely popular lol

And im sure the problem with nmixx wasnt the concept but the song, cause it was just done poorly.

• U say they get hate and while yeah they do for their concept cause many people will not like it and people should just accept it but, minus tripleS who hasnt debuted yet, they've all build strong fandoms who support them because they got interested for these particular reasons or despite them regardless. U complain abt people complaining but u used groups that are extremely popular lol

And im sure the problem with nmixx wasnt the concept but the song, cause it was just done poorly.

why are you copying me? :pepe-life-support:

• Just because I want to see something new, doesn’t mean I will agree with every non-traditional thing in Kpop that gets introduced” cuz no one said you had to agree or like EVERY new/unique aspect, but to complain about most if not all of it when you claim you want to see new things in the genre makes you part of the problem I’m pointing out

but how can you tell these are the same people

-nct i could care less about their infinite members as a gg stan

- i like aespa ai concept

-tripleS sounds interesting

-nmixx dont think having mix songs is new, but to me 0.0 is just a bad song to me that has nothing to do with it being mixed

also just because you have criticism of the concept or its execution doesnt mean you hate the concept or hate new things

• doesn't it come down to different strokes for different folks...

some people might like it, some people might not

if more people dislike it than like it well that's just individual preferences no?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!