CALLING ALL SALTINES!!! ARE YOU ANNOYED OVER BTS BEING THE BEST AND MOST SUCCESSFUL KPOP ACT???

• Do BTS deserve their success? 125

The result is only visible to the participants.

I'll keep this poll anonymous otherwise I doubt it would be honest:eyes:

Some of y'all are really showing out lately! I'd like a more visual representation of saltines...

:pepe-tea:

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Even though I don't stan them anymore, I still highly respect them for the amazing music they've made and the tons of hard work that they've sustained.

The members are humble too. They don't let the fame get to them and they use it for a good cause. Many people were able to relate to their music more than other groups which was a huge factor for their success. (Not to say other groups don't have relatable lyrics of course) They truly love their fans and you can tell by how active they are on social media.

BTS truly do deserve their success and whoever denies it has absolutely lost their shit.

Trolls gonna consider this a callout... ¬‿¬

• This is actually a complex question for me. Unlike how some Armys hate on everything BP or Aespa related X( , i am capable of being objective about BTS.

I think at the core, BTS does deserve their success because i've read nothing but praise over their attitude, character, and work ethic. No one has a bad thing to say about them as people and it shows in the way they've managed to stay together and loyal to each other, never making dumb selfish mistakes that couldve sunk them on their entire ride up. Their work ethic is without question, i remember Halsey going off about how hard they work, she was in awe. So, if you focus on BTS in a vacuum and ignore the rest of Kpop, i agree that BTS deserves every bit of their success.

OTOH, i dont think their music is any different than other KPOP BGs. I only go for like 2-10% of BG songs in general, and BTS pretty much fits the bill, i think out of 100 or songs i've heard from them, only about 10 are any good. BWL, Magic Shop, Mic Drop, a few of their ballads, PTD, Telepathy. Plus i dont think their talent level is any different either. I was SHOCKED at how good their stages were, but after seeing groups like Ateez and SKZ perform, i think they're all on the same level. Their vocals are fine but dont stand out from any other group, their rapping is great but i prefer SKZ.

So in this sense, when compared to their BG colleagues, i dont see anything that makes BTS stand out, that makes them more deserving than SKZ, Ateez, TXT, etc. Even just this year counting only Hybe groups, TXT and Seventeen put out three songs (Lovesong, Loser, and Rock) between them that are way better than anything BTS put out.

So it all comes down to context. If i'm looking at BTS in a vacuum, they have earned their success through every ounce of blood, sweat, and tears they have sacrificed for it. But if i'm comparing them to their BG brethren, then no, nothing about BTS makes them any more deserving of their success than groups like SKZ and Ateez, and now TXT who is rising fast.

• What was your vote?

• Even though I don't stan them anymore, I still highly respect them for the amazing music they've made and the tons of hard work that they've sustained.

The members are humble too. They don't let the fame get to them and they use it for a good cause. Many people were able to relate to their music more than other groups which was a huge factor for their success. (Not to say other groups don't have relatable lyrics of course) They truly love their fans and you can tell by how active they are on social media.

BTS truly do deserve their success and whoever denies it has absolutely lost their shit.

Beautifully said :pleading:

• Anyone who thinks BTS is so amazing they deserve to be 500 million miles ahead of second place are out of their damn mind.

Like BlackpinkHouse mentioned. They haven't done anything that hasn't already been done before. They sing and dance well. But so does everyone else.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I had a 7 tattoed on my right wrist so I guess that says enough on where I stand :mooning:

Not that this thread was directed at me because I’m not salty, I am however tired and bored so here I am

• It’s interesting to see how people construe an entire opinion measuring talent to their own standards, then to continue say they look at it objectively.

Opinions are rarely objective, only if they are merely based on fact.

‘I dont like x, x, x songs so I don’t think they deserve succes’ is not an objective judgement (It doesn’t have to be either) because it’s based on your own taste.

Objectively speaking BTS deserve their success because they work hard, have good work ethic, and managed to gather millions of fans throughout the years. All facts.

• i dont get what u mean

the ques was if bts deserves their success

what does ateez and txt have to do with it?

u think they should also be as successful as bts or something else?

• i dont get what u mean

the ques was if bts deserves their success

what does ateez and txt have to do with it?

u think they should also be as successful as bts or something else?

Exactly. I think BTS deserved their success, but so do other BGs. I dont think BTS is any different than SKZ, ATZ, TXT, etc when it comes to talent, work ethic, music quality, etc.

• Hmmm I think they should be able to live comfortably and be able to release whatever they want but the mass histerya I don't really understand it after all these years.

• I will always hold this video close to my heart because this is one of the reasons I can say BTS aren't like other artists. After being cut off from a concert at the last minute without prior warning, they chose to perform in a dirty stage, without lights and cut off from the broadcast because they didn't want to disappoint their fans who didn't even know BTS wasn't supposed to perform anymore.

BTS are where they are because they don't take anything they receive for granted. They receive love and return them ten-fold.

External Content youtu.be

• I voted No in the poll because honestly BTS’ music is all the same and none of them actually have a nice voice. They’re very auto tuned and tbh it’s annoying sounding, but I’m glad they’re really popular amongst the children. It means kpop will be more famous in the long run.

They’re definitely not the BEST, but they are the most successful thus far.

'*•.¸♡ NewJeans ♡¸.•*'

all this time. . . .。・:*˚:✧。

• to be honest, I dont like their music.

but its not bts thats annoying me, its army.

bts work hard, you cant deny it. saying sth else would be a lie.

but I think there is nothing special about bts.

other groups work just as hard and also deserve praise even though they are not as successful.

armys (most of the time) go over the top for me when it comes to praising bts and belittling other groups.

ps: votes yes

e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj 1c0edef70bd6974f36d15be96d5399a1cfaed76e.gifv c205b019cd8a46c569e9c4e2f04194a2fde39f74.gifv e27eb299e8ce0bafba7649c82fc04d200d42a974.gifv e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj

♦ visit my aesthetic shop here

• It's funny reading the comments of entitled people thinking their opinions are objective. There's literally multiple groups who had way more more exposure and privilige than bts had, why couldn't they become this big? It's not a coincidence they're doing so well

• "they're not special"

tell that to the Cyphers, the Trivias, Paldogangsan, First Love, Attack on Bangtan, Magic Shop, Whalien 52, Ma City, Moving On, Spine Breaker, Embarrassed, Dope, Converse High, Silver Spoon, Begin, Am I Wrong, Pied Piper, Go Go, 134340, Anpanman, I'm Fine, Black Swan, Telepathy, and Dis-ease.

i can't take that statement seriously knowing that people haven't even given their more unique songs a chance. if they did it would be easier to see that they have music creativity and talent that many other bgs lack- it's very hard to come by. they created their music with their own hands, they wrote their lyrics, they produced their beats, they put so much effort into their music and they were clowned on for years until they actually became something.

the people who voted no are either very close minded or just straight up angry because BTS puts their everything into what they do, especially for Armys and they cannot say the same for their faves.

it's very telling that some people in here who aren't Armys still voted yes, it speaks volumes about their maturity and ability to recognize self-made success. (thank you <3 )

so yes, they deserve every positive thing that comes their way and they deserve their success.

Edited 2 times, last by FeLiNa ().

• This thread contains 39 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!