[enter-talk] BUT SISTAR AND IVE HIT BIG SO WHY COULDN'T WJSN?

• [enter-talk] BUT SISTAR AND IVE HIT BIG SO WHY COULDN'T WJSN?

bypannchoaJuly 04, 2022
    AVvXsEgbR1Flsp7eyZRUcR20UbED66_DJPna8JcyCr66VDT7vcgxpeGANjtAJI673xbDK4-_ROk704RdVMgef2gN2tFo4aQeBMR6bpIVj4xmi4gphiPakw4gcM_IAKI6a3_kEH73hEOrMLISxxJxZFefmX5Ub0irl8QbjhBBVs1uEVPXuRZINacfbpFQcLXB=s16000
    (pic not included)

WJSN's songs are fine and they have members like Seola and Luda whose visuals are good, but they just can't seem to hit big..

post response:
    [+67][-49]
    original post: here

1. [+153, -2]
    Because their agency f*cking sucks. All their other groups are small sized, meanwhile they're debuting a group with such a large number with not a single member with an established fanbase already. Seriously I wonder why they even debuted like that

2. [+150, -43]
    Sistar got the right timing and Ive has Jang Wonyoung and Ahn Yujin

3. [+124, -5]
    They have no hit songs like "Alone" and they also don't have the Produce buff

4. [+100, -2]
    There are too many members who make me wonder "is it necessary?" and their songs all sound the same

5. [+71, -1]
    Because of their big members number, there's nobody who really stands out.. Rather, I feel more like the members who are actually charming are being downgraded..ㅜ

6. [+60, -1]
    There are way too many people... And I don't feel like everyone is needed

7. [+50, -2]
    They have too many people. They should've kept it to Seola, Bona, Yeonjung, Luda and Exy

8. [+45, -1]
    I feel like they put kids whom they knew won't do well even after debut but still shoved them in. WJSN is the most severe case when it comes to this

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Humm I dont think many members is the reason though? SNSD and Twice have 9 members and that didnt prevent them from being popular, more like the opposite. WJSN doesnt even have 3 of their members nowadays with how the chinese ones sticked to China so only 10 members. Seventeen, NCT and Suju did better with much more.

Plus they had subunits in 4 that were severely underrated. WJSN Black and WJSN Chocome pulled out some of the most creative concepts and music recently, and the members are amazing.

I think the main reason was because Starship was shit at promoting them tbh, even though the members are great and their music, choreo, styling and mv are high quality. It looks like at some things, they didn't plan carefully and thought that quality and occasional promo was enough.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• Humm I dont think many members is the reason though? SNSD and Twice have 9 members and that didnt prevent them from being popular, more like the opposite. WJSN doesnt even have 3 of their members nowadays with how the chinese ones sticked to China so only 10 members. Seventeen, NCT and Suju did better with much more.

Plus they had subunits in 4 that were severely underrated. WJSN Black and WJSN Chocome pulled out some of the most creative concepts and music recently, and the members are amazing.

I think the main reason was because Starship was shit at promoting them tbh, even though the members are great and their music, choreo, styling and mv are high quality. It looks like at some things, they didn't plan carefully and thought that quality and occasional promo was enough.

That’s actually a by gone era tho with twice being the last successful one. I don’t think big GGs can ever be successful again. And knetz are right about it.

WJSN has some great bops similar to Ive and WJSN and they were indeed hindered by being a large group IMO.

• They actually went up after secret and i wish but then they released happy and their hype disappeared. Too many members isn't really the problem

• oh yea? how about monsta X and boyfriend?

I'm not sure about Boyfriend titles but I do know Starship killed their hype by selling them to Japan. As a monbebe from ages I can tell you that Starship killed the hype they gained with Dramarama with low budget and concept "Jealousy", and then after they regained their hype and trendiness with "Shoot Out" Starship killed their hype again with freaking Alligator. It did well mostly because of what they built in 2018, but they could have done much better with a song that lived up to Shoot Out's hype. Nowadays they are a bit more stable in song/concept quality though.

Edit: i might be unfair because a lot of people love jealousy and alligator. Imo, however, something about these comebacks felt really off and didnt live to the hype even though it had redeeming qualities here and there.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

Edited once, last by catzi ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!