Should idols be kicked out of their groups for bullying?

• Confirmed pretty severe case? Yes. Employees can lose their job for harassment too.

I mean do we actually want people like that to be role models and influence mostly younger audiences?

I hate fake shit and people way too much to sas no sorry. Either be an open asshole and dont lie about it from the beginning or be the nice person you show yourself as.

• each situation should depend on the merits of the case involved, the severity of the bullying and the circumstances surrounding the action

• I’ve basically said similar in similar threads before.

A) who the hell are we all as moral arbiters? I guarantee if you really examine your life, you have made mistakes that might have hurt people, no matter how nice we might like to think we are.

B) are we talking about ACTUAL CHILDREN here? We cannot hold people account entirely to stupid stuff they did as children. It is so unfair and dismissive of anything that might have been happening to them at the time, but more importantly does not mean that people do not change and grow

C) I am not blaming victims for being upset and finding situations difficult and wanting things to be made clear.

D) In most areas of work, if we make mistakes (depending on the severity), we may receive disciplinary action. This very rarely (again, depending on severity) results in us losing our job. It certainly is never usually to do (unless actually criminal) with mistakes we made as children. If someone is,* as an adult*, exhibiting problematic behaviour at that time, they should of course be held accountable for theIt actions, in whatever form is appropriate. But an appropriate response is never going to be a crowd of howling banshees calling for physical and mental harm to that person because the herd has decided they deserve that. If bullying is shit for them to have been doing as a teenager, it is equally bad for people to give out in response, thinking they are morally superior.

• business-wise yeah but personally i don't think that you should lose a job over something you did when you were still just a stupid kid that made bad decisions. parents and teachers should've dealt with the issue in the first place. none of this is any of the gossipy public's business

• Depends on the age of incident and severity

Exactly. If it was years ago and the person has matured and is remorseful I don't think they should be kicked out. I've seen first hand how a bully can change and feel remorseful even without having been exposed publicly. I was bullied and beaten in school as a child. Years later out of the blue one of my bullies (an adult man by now) showed up one day to apologize for everything he had done. I'm aware that this doesn't happen to most victims of bullying, but I'm a firm believer now that people can change for the better especially if what they did was when they were children.

• I think I’ve had a mixed bag in terms of what people who bullied me have done in terms of people who have reached out to me...

But honestly, it’s not my place to be judge and jury on their lives as an adult.

I’ve mostly made peace, and honestly, there has been some dark crap.

That said, the worst of the people who have ever abused me as a child,I have seen them on occasion, and I can’t make a personal peace as easily with that. It often shocks me how visceral it feels.

But I’m not coming for them as an adult. That would make me a bully too.

I think it’s worth remembering that If someone is problematic as an adult -if they’re consistently being a git and hard to deal with, that’s a different thing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!