Bts richest in china!!

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Not sure why it was in anons :whatr:

• this is funny and unexpected to me since I've been told by kpop stans that their digital sucks and are total flop in China compared to other groups. Well look where they actually are now.

• this is funny and unexpected to me since I've been told by kpop stans that their digital sucks and are total flop in China compared to other groups. Well look where they actually are now.

I guess they are making conclusions based on the number of digital sales they see. But BTS are selling their music in China on NetEase while most others sell it on QQ Music which I have heard is cheaper alternative for digital music consumption (cmiiw). So everyone only sees big number of sales for their faves and another thing is BTS are not that hugely dependent on China (which you cannot say for like 90% of kpop groups) so they assume that BTS are not that big in China. But the reality is Maknae line's bars are ordering more albums than those who are termed popular in China.

• I guess they are making conclusions based on the number of digital sales they see. But BTS are selling their music in China on NetEase while most others sell it on QQ Music which I have heard is cheaper alternative for digital music consumption (cmiiw). So everyone only sees big number of sales for their faves and another thing is BTS are not that hugely dependent on China (which you cannot say for like 90% of kpop groups) so they assume that BTS are not that big in China. But the reality is Maknae line's bars are ordering more albums than those who are termed popular in China.

I guess this answer why their music was only available on NetEase (seeing the numbers then its a smart choice, sales wise)! But now they are under UMG, they also transferred to QQ Music?, we'll see how it goes!

• I guess they are making conclusions based on the number of digital sales they see. But BTS are selling their music in China on NetEase while most others sell it on QQ Music which I have heard is cheaper alternative for digital music consumption (cmiiw). So everyone only sees big number of sales for their faves and another thing is BTS are not that hugely dependent on China (which you cannot say for like 90% of kpop groups) so they assume that BTS are not that big in China. But the reality is Maknae line's bars are ordering more albums than those who are termed popular in China.

Honestly, this. I've been duped!

• I swear some were mocking big hit for not focusing on china as a market in some threads before.

Yet, BTS is first there too without the need to cater or focus or market in China. 😂

• Is it the first time they release their numbers?

They updated in feb too

I guess today's update was to show that they are the first group ever to earn that much

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Anybody who follows Chinese digitals would know that BTS is top 3 in terms of groups when it comes to digital sales.

The only way you could argue that they don't sell like crazy is if you compare their digital sales to BP or BigBang.

The problem is, BP and BigBang don't drop anywhere near the amount of music.

So it doesn't really matter if the two groups bigger than them have albums in the top 20 when BTS has 5 in the top 100

• They updated in feb too

I guess today's update was to show that they are the first group ever to earn that much

So we should know this since Feb? But it’s news for a lot of us. Shows how much we also disregard China in BTS world domination. Reality is that BTS dominates all countries (kpop). Cool.

• This ignores the fact that they had their music on Netease and not QQ where mass buying cheaply was available till a few months back.

Also let's not forget that BTS practically had a defacto soft ban for the last 1 year or so and have done zero promotions in China unlike other groups who have found ways to promote in the Chinese market even post the Kpop ban.

BTS doing these numbers with zero promotions, their music only being available on Netease and the soft ban on them is stupendous. Let's not undermine it by saying its cause they release more music when they are working the Chinese market with the biggest handicaps as compared to the rest of Kpop.

• Seems like they aren’t nugus at all

The gap between the top 3 and the rest :eyes:

• they did release more music, but the main reason for bts not completely dominating the digital sales too was the immense bulk buying that was happening on QQ (which you couldn't do on Netease). I don't think people realise how crazy it must have been for the government to take the big measures that they did.

I actually wonder if the new rules helped a lot?

Those bi*ches lied to me! I was starting to believe BTS were a bunch nugus in China because kpoppies were adamant about it! So what else have they not dominated? :laughs::laughs:

Sad Cameron Esposito GIF by ABC Network

• i think it's clear BTS dominates EVERY market (talking about kpop groups)

except for literally 2 countries worldwide (and they are still top3 there iirc), they dominate each country with a huge lead. The power of these 7 man is scary.

Those bi*ches lied to me! I was starting to believe BTS were a bunch nugus in China because kpoppies were adamant about it! So what else have they not dominated?

Only other place i can think of that bts wasn't #1, was Thailand (where ofc Lisa dominated)

• Seems like they aren’t nugus at all

Stop lyin' Everyone knows they're nugu everywhere :* Heard from quite a few of people that they're nugu in America and we're lying to ourselves if we think they're popular. Hybe obviously paid a butt ton of money for the POTUS to invite them and the press to swarm them.

The salt.... I really should know by now to stop listening to it. Or wait, maybe Hybe bought China too.

I'll stop venting now. I just feel stupid gullible for believing they were really nugu in China.

• This ignores the fact that they had their music on Netease and not QQ where mass buying cheaply was available till a few months back.

Also let's not forget that BTS practically had a defacto soft ban for the last 1 year or so and have done zero promotions in China unlike other groups who have found ways to promote in the Chinese market even post the Kpop ban.

BTS doing these numbers with zero promotions, their music only being available on Netease and the soft ban on them is stupendous. Let's not undermine it by saying its cause they release more music when they are working the Chinese market with the biggest handicaps as compared to the rest of Kpop.

Nothing I said there was done to undermine them. I was just explaining the situation of how they're at #1 in revenue. That's it. It's a clarification post, not a "BTS is only there cause of these caveats"

Swear, some stans take everything as a slight.

Also don't know who lied to you and told you that you couldn't mass buy on netease. Is it more common on QQ? Sure, but Netease definitely did not stop you from buying multiple copies. There were special bonuses for buying a certain amount of albums there even.

• Nothing I said there was done to undermine them. I was just explaining the situation of how they're at #1 in revenue. That's it. It's a clarification post, not a "BTS is only there cause of these caveats"

Swear, some stans take everything as a slight

When you brush over the difficulties they face as against other Kpop groups and make it simplistically about them being on top only cause they release more music, someone will point out the fallacy in your argument.

Don't make this about stan culture and shit. Its a forum for discussion and your argument was flawed.

• When you brush over the difficulties they face as against other Kpop groups and make it simplistically about them being on top only cause they release more music, someone will point out the fallacy in your argument.

Don't make this about stan culture and shit. Its a forum for discussion and your argument was flawed.

I'm sorry, but when I specify that regardless of anything they're a top 3 digital seller and they have multiple releases in the top 100 and their only competition is two acts who don't drop anywhere near as much.

I don't think I need to put the difficulties when the only other people in their playing field is a girl group who comes back once every 2 years and a boy group who's not promoted since 2016.

It's fucking asinine.

• I'm sorry, but when I specify that regardless of anything they're a top 3 digital seller and they have multiple releases in the top 100 and their only competition is two acts who don't drop anywhere near as much.

I don't think I need to put the difficulties when the only other people in their playing field is a girl group who comes back once every 2 years and a boy group who's not promoted since 2016.

It's fucking asinine.

Not you repeating the same shit again and making them being at the top all about their musical output while pointing out the handicaps the other 2 acts face due to paucity of music.

This thread is a revelation for many cause of the narrative being spun for years across Kpop community that BTS do poorly in China and aren't the number 1 act there. Now when facts prove otherwise, there are people like you who try to bring in justifications for why they are leading and reducing it to just them making more music while ignoring the other disadvantages that hamper their sales in China.

• Not you repeating the same shit again and making them being at the top all about their musical output while pointing out the handicaps the other 2 acts face due to paucity of music.

This thread is a revelation for many cause of the narrative being spun for years across Kpop community that BTS do poorly in China and aren't the number 1 act there. Now when facts prove otherwise, there are people like you who try to bring in justifications for why they are leading and reducing it to just them making more music while ignoring the other disadvantages that hamper their sales in China.

You're the one reducing it to them having more music. I gave no negative statement on their sales or that anyone else was doing what they're doing. Which is why I bring it back to stan behavior.

Saying the reason, is not a slight or an insult. It's just the reason.

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!