RE: "SM will continue to have their groups fail miserably in the US because they are FORCING their way in with manufactured image and lip-syncing"

• how did you know i loved chicken nuggets? thank you lulu :aespa20:

remember that spike food thread? :eyes:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• vaguely. didn't think anyone would remember though :eyes:

i am touched :aespa20:

I barely forget things

which is not good

I remember any bad things people said forever

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I barely forget things

which is not good

I remember any bad things people said forever

i hope i didn't say anything bad that you remember. i say a lot of things without thinking :ak_chanyeol-snap:

• kpop fans : /stan idols that were recruited by a company, trained by a company, put together into a group by a company, have most if not all of their music, concept, shows, content etc produced by a company

also kpop fans: wow, look at those manufactured SM groups ruining kpop's image with their manufacturedness. oh wait let me write an essay about SM groups lipsynching while totally ignoring the fact my faves do it too :pepe-notes:

• kpop fans : /stan idols that were recruited by a company, trained by a company, put together into a group by a company, have most if not all of their music, concept, shows, content etc produced by a company

also kpop fans: wow, look at those manufactured SM groups ruining kpop's image with their manufacturedness. oh wait let me write an essay about SM groups lipsynching while totally ignoring the fact my faves do it too :pepe-notes:

Well SM said he’s responsible for kpop (and its manufacturedness) and “lip sync is a genre” so of course his groups will have the honours to be mentioned more.

Doesn’t help that SM stans always put down other acts vocals (who sang live), and praise to the stars SM idols who lip-sync as having the best vocals in kpop.

These two reasons are enough why people will think of SM groups when they think manufactured and lip-sync. We’ve been conditioned by SM and his stans lol

B872ADFA-DC46-41EE-8E55-8763978F2658.jpeg

• wow i always love it when people defend their right to double standards and hypocrisy lol

SM stans praise their faves' vocals just as much as your fandom praise your faves' rap line, same thing goes for putting others down to uplift one's faves but i don't think you would agree with attacking BTS's weaknesses just to get back at arrogant fans the same way you're defending attacking SM artists to get back at their arrogant fans.

and there you go doing the exact same thing i pointed out, drawing a line between SM idols and others when it comes to lipsynching and singing live as if those two things are mutually exclusive. i can easily find several videos of different SM groups singing live, as easily as i can find videos of several other groups from different companies -as well as your own faves- lipsynching. you all just latch onto that senile man's words as an excuse to be hateful toward SM groups for things that you all own faves are also guilty of. Guess what? having stupid fans or the founder of your company saying some dumb shit some 37 years ago is not a free ticket to punish idols that have absolutely nothing to do with it ENDLESSLY.

In fact even groups under the same company aren't the same when it comes to these matters and don't lipsynch or sing live as frequently but i digress.

• I mean, objectively speaking the lipsync will bring a lot of negative attention if a group does it a lot but it won't stop a group from gaining fans in the west as long as they like their music.

I mean, there are a lot of artists in the west that lipsync and can't sing without autotune(cough cough Travis scott).

So no, if people around here like the music, they can break in.

Not only that, the west is also a objectively manufactured industry, paid radio plays, controlling artists etc. The only difference is that the west manufactureness goes blindsided.

• I often wonder why this accusations only falls under kpop... :/

Xenophobia.

kpop fans have always given power to the west's xenophobic views about kpop. they just do it the "not like the other girls" way by confirming those stereotypes and that bias and then insisting they don't apply to their faves

• RV has the most potential with their velvet side in the west in SM (relatively few members, relatively mature image, nice vocals with good harmony, Wendy can carry the english interviews)

SHINee had potential, others not much imo

They aren't going to promo Red Velvet or SHINee (or even EXO's vocal pillars) in the West because they aren't the newest groups on the roster and this could potentially overshadow said newest groups..that's even despite these groups being more intimately connected to American R&B/Pop music styles.

• Xenophobia.

kpop fans have always given power to the west's xenophobic views about kpop. they just do it the "not like the other girls" way by confirming those stereotypes and that bias and then insisting they don't apply to their faves

so true

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!