Posts by ohohcollinBB

Honestly I cant feel the song at all. I listen to it and I cant even remember what I heard 10 seconds ago because I find it so bland. Are you all hyping her because you genuinely like the new release or just because shes simply that famous and respected at this point?

(genuine question)

Arent you the same person who complains on that one thread that people have made your life hell because of your looks? And now you are laughing at someones appearance?

1+1=3? I mean how exactly can this even go together?

No, just because I dont see myself responsible for someone I dont even know.

If someone would die if I dont drink the hot dog water, I would drink it.

Drinking it for 7 guys who have to go to the military because their country tells them to? Nope.

While I honestly find the notion of 2021 North Korea of all countries attacking an industrialized nation absolutely unlikely and ridiculous (and therefore I really dont understand why men in that country have to go to the military, it does not make us much sense as they claim), but it is what it is. I see it as something they need to go trough simply because I think it would be unfair to all the men who have to go. You are not worth more or less than any other male citizen in the country just because you are a very famous, rich and loved person.

Would you trade a person who you can see yourself spend the rest of your life with, with a career that has a meh future and at most 5 years to go?

The couple may or may not last forever, but his idol career will 100000% not last forever and it would have most likely gone meh for the remainder if their idol life. I think he chose well.

I dont see Pentagon ever pulling an OMG.

Singing: none, both groups dont really have anything remarkable about them in this aspect.

Dancing: BTS

Rap: BTS, always had the feeling bb are largely overrated sorry

Stage presence: as a whole maybe Big Bang very slightly, but Jhope is definitely my favorite in this area by far.

Songwriting and generally versatility and how well some of the best songs in their discography age: BTS. For me thats the most important point.

If I could really be anything, then maybe an animator at Pixar? Or a scriptwriter for movies. Maybe a songwriter. But those are all very high risk jobs so it wasnt what I went after in the end.

I really like your recommendations, very versatile. I have only read Perfume from that list and its one of my absolute favorites because its a book like no other in this world.

The Castle of Otranto sounds really funny, now I actually want to buy it.

My favorite book is probably Tuesday Nights in 1980. Its about 3 people in the art scene of NYC, in the 1980s like the book says. Its definitely not a well known book, but I like how most characters in the book are very unconventional and kinda...crazy. Dont judge me, I love crazy characters.

For example one of the main characters is an art critic with synaesthesia. Its a condition where your brain kind of mixes different sensory perceptions into one, and he sees things around him in different colors based on how they make him feel. So he decribes his wife as yellow for example (no shes not from the Simpsons).

The book I am currently reading is Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine. Its about a woman who lives a really boring life, no one kind of likes her, she gets drunk every weekend to be able to last until next week and man she has soooooo many issues. Thats what makes the book funny most of the time. She thinks like no one else out there, ehich makes most of the stuff she does look so absurd and weird lol. But it also makes you think about a lot of stuff...

i think what you are talking about is reslience - the ability to tough it out, get back up, face adversity and come out stronger

your second paragraph i slightly disagree with - it gets to the nature v nurture argument, i personally dont believe anybody is born inheriently bad

Ofc you can say you dont believe it. I think thats a valid thing to say. But at the same time you cant really prove that I am wrong.

I dont believe that people are born bad per se, I just believe that some people are born with a much stonger tendency to go that way. And then its just up to how much self control you have and whether you can control your own demons.

But all of that are ofc assumptions that can never be 100% proven.

I think some people are simply built in a way that they are much more likely to act horribly.

I very strongly believe that you could put 2 people in exactly the same horrible life circumstances and experiences and one person could end up on the wrong path and become a shitty person, while another would be able to endure and not lash out on the world. Even though they would have lived the same shitty life.

I think its possible to form people in some way through their life, but I really dont think that its possible to change the essence of what we are no matter how one might try. Some things that we are will always stay, be it the good or the bad traits.

Someone who is born a psychopath, will be a psychopath. You are wired that way. You wont become another person.

Thats something I have been wondering about for quite some time already.

My parents are together just out of fear of being alone and because thats what they are used to for the past 25 years or so. They dont have many similarities, they dont really value the same stuff, their world view is completely different most of the time and I can really see that they dont understand each other even after 25 years. And as harsh as it sounds, they dont actually love each other, not anymore at least.

2 of my best friends have the same issue with their boyfriends basically, just in a more toned down way. The amount of times they wanted to break up and then didnt...I dont even count anymore. Are they together with people they can see a future with? According to their own words, absolutely not. Why are they still together? I dont know. I assume because they dont want to be alone.

The more I observe people, the more I have the feeling that most people actually arent able to live with themselves.

I definitely have people questioning if everything is right with me, why I am always solo, why I dont settle down with anyone...

All those whys.

I have no problem with myself. I have no problem with being with myself. I was born with just myself and I will die alone. Thats how I see it. And no one else is responsible for my happiness than me first and foremost.

If I would take someone into my life, that would require someone who I genuinely want to share my life with. That person has to enrich my life in some way, otherwise I think I would be better off on my own or nah? It does not need to be perfect, I just need it to be a fitting person. I didnt find someone like that yet and I guess thats okay. If I never find someone like that, I think that would be okay too.

I have a very similar mindset with friends and just generally people in my life. If we dont fit together and a relationship goes nowhere, then I don't have a problem to go on on my own.

Does someone also feel like that?