Posts by ohohcollinBB

I hope you all know the movie.

And before you all yell at me that Im paranoid and believing in some conspiracy theories...

Some stuff that happens in my life sometimes honestly doesnt make sense. And its often so incredibly unlikely to happen and still does. Some examples, you can believe it or not, its up to you:

Last year I was thinking about my university burning. Yeah sorry. And a few weeks later while I was in the car listening to the radio, they where announcing that it actually burned. Like how?

In Hongdae they often have those busking seassions where people sing different songs. My favorite song is Dont look back in Anger by Oasis and one time while I was walking past, I thought that I hope that he would sing that song while I walk back. And he did. Like how big is the damn likelihood of that guy singing that damn song exactly when I walk back?

One time me and my best friend where joking that we would start believing in the Matrix if BTS dance to Boney Ms Rasputin. And a few weeks or months later idk they actually did during that vlive lets dance game.

Sometimes I know or feel idk when someone will text me seconds before they actually do. Like I hold my phone actually waiting for the text.

Just recently someone reached out to me again after a whole year with no contact. And we weren't even close. Tbh thw last text was even that Im a boring person so that person didnt wanna talk anymore lol. But somehow I literally knew a few days before I actually got the new text that that person would reach out again.

Thats just a bit if the stuff. Honestly at this point some weird and creepy stuff happens so often that I dont even remember it all anymore.

And I see the word Matrix at least once a week somewhere in the most different context. You could argue that maybe I look out for it at this point, and maybe I am, but I wouldnt call matrix such a common workd to see it several times a day in some cases. Idk man its just scary at this point. :S

I have come to the conclusion that humans are worse than roaches. Some of us might die at some point but humanity as a whole will always find some way to survive, no matter how crazy. We are some really creepy parasites I tell you. We are aware that we are alive and we are aware of our life, so we cling to life way more. Which also means as a whole we wont go down without a fight. Wouldnt be surprised if we find a way to relocate to a new planet way faster than most of us would guess. Then we can start to destroy that new planet. Lol

Btw me and my best friend have come ro the conclusion that this world isnt even real. That we live in a matrix or some shit lol. Cus really fucking creepy stuff happens to us all the time and it doesnt make sense.

Just some of it:

I once wanted that my uni burns, then it actually did some weeks later

My favorite song is dont look back in anger by oasis and there are those busking sessions going on in Hongdae all the time, so I was like "I hope he sings that songs when I come back". And he did. Damn it so creepy

One time we where laughing like idiots and said that if Bts dance to Rasputin by Boney M then we will believe in the matrix. A few weeks later Jimin I think danced to it on lets dance.

And stuff like that keeps on happening so often at this point that I dont even bat an eye anymore. Something is definitely going wrong in this world idk

I dont like apple phones. But I do like all the other stuff they sell. Cant live without my ipods and apple pencil even for a day.

Dont like the cult following apple has though, its lowkey creepy.

What does this have to do with my comment?

Yes pioneers like drunken tiger and epik high started early but reached success in the early 2000s, and before that the 90s was the first real contact korea had with the rapscene, whereas in the us the rapscene was already well developped since the end of the 70s.

The old school rapping of korea is end of 90s and early 2000s, the old school of Us rap is end of 70s early 80s. They are at least 20 years behind. when Korea reached mainstream in the 2010s, its like 2pac in the 90s so the scene still needs far more development.

This argument tdoesnt make sense. Its not logical to compare the development. Hip hop was brought to life in the US. It takes a good ten times more time to invent and develop something than it takes to just copy something and implement in your own environment. Korea doesnt need decades to catch up. The fundamentals and basics, tons of variety, the character of the genre, all that exists for long now. Korea doesnt need to go trough trough the same rigorous development and trial and error to breathe life into hip hop. Thats like saying countries that implemented the industrial revolution after Britain took as long as them to implement it for themselves. Once something already exists it takes an incredible less amount of time for others to discover it for themselves. Hip hop in korea may be behind the US, but definitely not as much as you paint it out to be. Especially now with digitalization. Stuff happens and changes way faster than ever in human history. They probably arent even behind 10 years anymore, most likely less actually.

do u expect khiphop rappers to debut in idol group :?: Pop groups in decades has always been considered joke. If those rappers get in kpop group they can't write what they want, they can't express themselves fully. Kpop groups are hugely controlled by companies. Take BTS for example, even though they have so much artistic freedom than some groups. Still Suga can't release all of the materials he has written because the company refuses. The companies all goes for trends. No khiphop rappers would want to be controlled by some ent company. There are only few underground rappers Suga, RM, T.O.P, Zelo, Yongguk, Mino etc has decided to became idol rappers. But they have got so much backlash for it cuz khiphop scene hates kpop. Most real legit rappers have so strong persona & image that doesn't fit to be in idol groups. Plus they have to also dance, should be good in variety, have charisma etc. They have to excel in lots of things. If only thing they have to do was sing like 1D this is a whole different story.

Serious question, how is it hip hops problem that kpop idols are controlled? Its their problem and their responsibility to sort it out if they want to go on and debut people as rappers in their groups. Once again, no one forces the agencies to debut people with the "rapper position". Kpop wants to embrace the good sides of hip hop (the beats, the style, the vibe and manners of performance, the lyrics to some degree, etc.) but not the other stuff? It doesnt make sense. You wont make me think differently.

what do u expect from them :?: Most of them are streetcasted because of their visuals. Cuz koreans prefer visuals rather than anything. U can't expect Eminem, Tupac or Mariah Carey from random teenagers on the street of korea, even can't expect 5% of them. Then what can we do anyways :?: We can't teach entertainment companies to who to debut :!: If u think they suck then u simply can don't listen kpop and listen what u think best. I know that they are not the very best in anything but i have found the groups i think has the proper amount of talent. I like rap too that's why I follow mostly YG groups. It's just simple as that.

You dont get it lmao.

I literally said: I would rather have fewer groups debuting with adequate skills than an oversaturated market with people who suck at what they do. Thats what I expect.

Dont tell me its absolutely impossible to create a group with at least some skills and without them looking crusty. Cus that would be a lie. You dont need to debut a group every 2 years and you dont need to fit 12 people in a group. Maybe they should start with that. Find 4 people with some passion, some skills, some visuals. Cant be impossible considering that there are indeed krappers who have some skills. And if you cant find someone, then dont give them rapper roles so that people cant even somplain about the lack of skills. Its that simple.

Im sorry that I actually have some standards.

u gyus doing the same lmao, there are whole khiphop scene where underground rappers rap, and there are so many great idol rappers out there such as BTS rap line. Mumble rap has existed way before then. Actually those are the ones who are sabotaging rap culture & promoting it in the bad way. No one in korea or nor west lives up to the standard of Eminem, Tupac etc. So I don't see why only idol rappers get bashed at it. They don't even claim themselves as rappers anyways.

Did I ever say that there are absolutely no people that can adequately rap without embarassing themselves? I didnt. I just said that there arent many and thats true.

And I dont care and I wont refrain from saying someone is a shit rapper when they genuinely suck just because some people think we need to cut them some slack because they are idols. Just like I would say for shit dancers and singers. You guys love to baby idols so much and thats why there are so many people who debut with horrible skills. Precisely because people are okay with that. If the audience would have higher expectations, then the agencies would have no choice but to supply fewer but better groups instead of oversaturating the market with people who will never make it because they are shitty performers, as harsh as it sounds. Most idols are worse than mediocre performers because people let them be. And thats the real problem.

mumble rap should stop too

Maybe stop compressing a genre with a rich history that spans decades into what happens the last 2-3 years? You guys are suddenly acting like the only thing rap is and always was is mumble rap. Tons of respected hip hop artists with an acclaimed discography would rather die than put out mumble rap, I can tell you that much. Its like saying Justin Biebers Baby is what pop music is while there where people like Michael Jackson putting out much better stuff. Im fucking tired of the "bUt MuMbLe RaP" argument from people who never even appreciated what rap ever was ro begin with.

Aint nobody wants them to be Eminem. That bar would be set very high. The problem is that the vast majority of them cant even be 5% of Eminem. While I would say there definitely are quite a few people who may be at least 5% of Mariah Carrey.

Rap was and always will be considered a genre that fans have a very strong affection towards because its designed to be way more personal and competitive than most other music genres are. It also has way more rigid rules than other music genres for you to even be able to call yourself a rapper. Rap isnt and never was made the same way other music is and thats why its treated so much different. And at the end of the day if you copy rap to the bone why should you suddenly be measured on way different metrics just because you are a kpop idol? Either have the guts to copy everything and then be judged accordingly or just stop copying rap altogether. No one forces the kpop agencies to do it.