Posts by onwards

Ok, lets say all this can be true. I believe some idols already had enough time to become better singers, if they were good singers they should bea able to sing well by now. How can we considered this idols amazing or just good singers if they cant reach the note and their voices crack many times? they dont sound nothing like the record version. I mean, nobody considers Lia a great vocalist, i and many more believe she have a nice tone, but she needs alot of work, she is not a good singer. Meanwhile, for example, many fans believe Jimin or Tae are good vocalists. And i cant tell you this, Lia, Jimin and Tae have good "Live performances", but in encores suffer alot to sing their own songs. How a good singer cant reach the note of their own song? also, i cant think of any good singer that cant sing well without the in-ear thing, only can think in bad ones.

Honestly don't think you pay attention to singers enough to know who does and doesn't use in-ear. THEY ALL DO because in big venues where the crowd or music is loud or when room acoustics are messed up they need to be able to hear themselves sing. There are countless videos of singers like Beyonce and Ariana Grande taking them out and putting them back in constantly throughout concerts for this exact reason. Adele famously had issues with hers at the grammys when singing all I ask and was totally off pitch. I honestly don't know any famous singer who doesn't use them.

Note I'm not in any way saying these idols are amazing or even good, just that your thinking is a little linear. Repetition doesn't mean a direct increase in quality. For example, if you take hundreds of photo's a day, sure your quality will increase slowly over time, but not as fast as if you had a teacher giving you feedback and if you stop lessons half way, your not going to be as good as someone who is consistently taking lessons and getting feedback. meanwhile there are some who excel with little to no guidance would be considered geniuses, and those who rarely take photo's are going to see far less improvement no matter the amount of time. IMO its the same with idols, for alot of idols the most time they spend singing live is in the studio where they aren't going to get feedback because the have someone ready to 'fix' their voice. Separate from this I do agree that if your making me pay to hear you sing it needs to be live and with some quality so I expect a level of professionalism by you getting lessons. But I do appreciate that for most, their schedules are so packed they literally have no time and the companies aren't going to make finding time for lessons a priority.

Many idols get taught bad or incorrect techniques that over time damage their voices because the companies want a specific sound and lots of work is done in post production to fix it (why else is SM convinced they can make literally anyone an idol?). We have long known that many of the 'live' videos are anything but to cover all these issues and whilst they aren't the best singers, bad choices in song, lack of training and technique make it far worse. Take momo for example, predebut she used to skip vocal lessons because they were so difficult for her (the JYP half air method be damned), for years we've known her natural voice is far lower than what she puts out in Twice and misamo confirmed it on every track, yet she consistently is made to sing far higher than she can handle. Is she a great singer? no, but how can she get better/sound better when the songs aren't even in her range to practice with a teacher and shes fighting to be on pitch even in the recording studio? IMO there are plenty of idols on par with her or even worse, BUT being made to sing outside her range made it far more visible whilst other companies are far better at hiding it and choosing songs that suit their groups ranges.

Boy, so many put alot of responsability on this in-ears thing. Mmmm, that could be a thing in the first bad encore, but in the next ones? I find hard to believe that people who work so much every day in their skills cant solve this issue in the next encore. THey cant practice before the song in acapella? How other groups dont present this problem? How even some idols in the same group, in the same encore, dont show this problem with their voices?

Honestly some are bad singers but if you can't hear yourself sing and haven't practised singing without hearing yourself, its not going to go well for 90% of singers. Also don't forget, few idols keep attending vocal lessons post debut and the companies don't care because the more time they spend practising, the less time they are making the company money. Even if they work on their singing, they do it whilst being able to hear themselves so they can tell when they are off pitch or flat. Without that feedback or years of constant experience singing when they can barely hear themselves of course they'd struggle.

Around 1:40 of the clip below IU mentions part of her practice for golden hour was to sing with her ears blocked because she didn't know how well she'd be able to hear (note she does have a hearing disorder).

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The reason some do have this problem and some don't is probably a mix between not enough training pre or post debut, the idols vocal range and how easy the song is to sing. If the song has loads of difficult sections (or just uses a difficult singing style or technique) and their parts are on the edge of their vocal range, its not surprising they struggle to sing it, especially without hearing themselves. If the song fits easily within their comfortable range without many ups and downs or is talk singing in most parts its easier to sound great in encores.

As wild as it seems, its real. Thats the same OP as claimed Dahyun was the best rapper in the group and was willing to die on that hill.

It was during the rise of insane Dahyun posts (from shes the best dancer in the group, to the best centre apart from Nayeon to the best vocalist) and everyone was convinced it was just trolls but, nope they actually believe this mess.

Act ii coming March 29th and will be a country album and the streets are saying act iii is going to be rock and roll.

Literally reclaiming music genres African Americans created but never got credit for and giving the OG's and current makers their flowers :pepe-puddle:

Between this and the Twice album I'm not going to survive March but I'll die happy.

But also - Twice really have bad luck when it comes to album releases. Always getting blocked by big BG releases in SK then getting blocked by huge western releases on billboard. :pepe-shame:

Some people are clearly missing the point on purpose. Its not about whether they will debut new groups, just running an agency full stop is rough. Yes they all have bags of money, but balancing the books is difficult and if you have no experience and qualifications its easy to find yourself in a hole or trusting the wrong person to help you do all the above. Paying your employees (their pensions, insurance, benefits), paying for music (plus its production, buying rights to anything associated with that), MV's (paying for sets, outfits and the film crew/MV production company), etc and its not like any of them went to school for company management and I don't think any of them even managed to finish high school (not a drag BTW, just a point).

There are loads of extra costs associated with running a company in general they are going to have to absorb. Even if a CB is hugely successful, if they overspend in an area (for example getting consent to use a specific set, art work, outfit or even security to film in public or lock down areas), the company may still end up in the red.

20% of new businesses fail during the first two years of being open, 45% in five and 65% in 10. Don't forget Ravi tried to delay enlistment because the company would have gone belly up without him. Sure they don't need to enlist, but if they decide to take 2 months off, the company isn't making any money but your employees and contractors still need to get paid. I honestly wish them all the success, but its going to be far more difficult than fans think.

Honestly Twice and BP broke the scale and makes everyone look mid in comparison which is why this argument is even a thing.

RV was definitely below those two and when people tried to name the top 3, they were always the target to get dropped down and replaced with either MMM, Gfriend and later OMG or Brave girls. They never performed that badly, they just didn't break the scale in some way which made them evenly matched or just above or below any groups people wanted to replace them with so it made for great arguments, but the fact that they were the target to replace speaks volumes about how high up they are...

it also say something about company privilege that no matter what they were always the defacto third despite yoyoing wildly era to era.... :pepe-shrug:

Chris Lee and co's defenders are no where to be found now :pepe-tea:

I wonder how much SM will change that Kakao has total control of it now hmm. So much for that "guarantee independence" empty promise :pepe-narrow-eyes:

I'm more curious who they'll replace them with. Whoever it is will be going into a quicksand whilst trying to keep the old SM sound meanwhile majority of the people who were in charge of keeping that consistent are gone.

I'll laugh so hard if they end up getting YYJ and LSM back as consultants on very tight leashes. :pepegrin:

but I think most people just wanted to get rid of LSM who was known for wanting to create Chinese Hollywood, and was guilty for huge tax evasion

+ many, me included wanted SM to move more towards gg's because it's ridiculous that such big company doesn't really have any female artists, just two girl groups with very limited amount of members, and remnants of SNSD members who still have contracts with SM

Thats the difference between seeing what you want to see, hoping and reality.

LSM wasn't going to be involved at all - Hybe made sure of that in their contract with him. LSM just wanted to screw over everyone who stabbed him in the back by making sure they'd have to leave too.

They never promised more focus on GG's with the new leadership, ya'll just assumed and hoped so because they promised change but they are always going to focus more on BG's because its easier to build legacy fanbases with BG's. They were only using Aespa for headlines because they are more known by the GP than any NCT group, but the moment they were done? back to business.

Honestly the tea is piping hot and hilarious. Can't wait for the SM 3.0 defenders to finally wake up.

Cried all over the internet about the evils of Hybe and how SM was going to change. Fans of certain groups screaming to give them time for SM 3.0 whilst the rest of us have been saying literally nothing has changed apart from the friendship group stealing from the company.

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I still call bull on that 'faster music production'. As always, give it 1 to 2 years post debut and they are back in the dungeon and into yearly releases.

At least they changed the opening time to make sure fans get the full Twice set they paid for.

But its got to be intimidating for VCHA, their debut made no noise and now their meant to perform in front of 50k people and hope they are nice about you crashing a concert and making them get there even earlier. JYP needs to get better marketing because why is their solution always throw Twice at it and keep your fingers crossed?

but not ALL members renewed right? sorry I'm not 100% familar with pink since they were a bit before my time but didn't at least one of the "original" members of the group no renew? like I knew Naeun went to YG to be an actress right?

for BEG (I just wiki'd them lol) they went with a different company right? hence I wouldn't classified them as ALL members renewing with the same company when they went with a different company but I guess you could call me pendantic and include BEG in your definition

They lost a member close after debut but all of remaining members renewed their initial contract in 2017. It was on their second renewal in 2021 that Naeun left and for the third all but Eunji left IST but they are still doing group work (e.g. their asia tour and xmas song).

The conversation was about Longevity right? They didn't renew with the same company but they all renewed the group contract after moving the group agency and despite signing contacts for solo work (some with other agencies) they still keep giving out regular group releases. Gain signed a contract to have her solo work managed by Leon in 2011 but was still there for group work. When the contract for the others was up in 2015, they all left Nega Network and by 2015 all of them were under Mystic Story for group work and they dropped another group album.

i've never heard a decent kpop video game song

Mamamoo Sky Sky has entered the chat

External Content www.youtube.com