Posts by onwards

If this guy is Hyeri's ex, why would she be fighting over him?

Yeah the phrasing is totally wrong.

If you don't want to give pann clicks, essentially it looks like HSH is the woman he told Hyeri not to worry about, just for her to visit his exhibit 2 days after the split went public, dating rumours to start up right after that (denied saying they had a project together), and them to go on vacation together 4 months later and their labels to go 'its their private life'.

It doesn't seem like she wants him back, its just everyone and their mama thinks he deffo was cheating on her with HSH.

TBF tho - she'd probs be in the new SMGG they've been teasing that seems to be GG 2.0

And she is doing nothing after scoring her greatest victory and the company is not making anything to promote her further

Your deluded.

She had a bit of a breakdown a couple years ago from her schedule being too intense whilst trying to write her album. It makes sense they aren't throwing her everywhere. I'd rather that than what happened to Jessi under P nation where she was forced to 'strike whilst the iron is hot' to the detriment of her mental and physical health.

how is Karina mistreated?

Some are kinda dumb but the big ones are:

- They tried to use an old pic of her for them so they boycotted, by the time SM uturned it was too late.

- Theres also some stuff about them not having enough security to protect them (remember that festival SM made them do with 0 security?)

- Lots of sexual harassment online that SM isn't doing anything against it or to protect her

Then there's the usual not enough solo work (they say shes an 'it girl' but doesn't get the solo work of other 'it girls' so its mistreatment). The other one is they announced roles officially but didn't for Karina. Winter and Ningning are main vocals and Giselle main rapper but no main dancer role for Karina and they sent Winter onto SWF which would normally be a main dancer type of gig.

NJ recorded 500,000 preorders and they were already on par with LSFR’s sales. Yes MHJ is a genius but without hybe they’ll never be that famous.

BP was definitely the most hyped rookie, they debuted with a PAK. Hate train or not they were anticipated.

TBF tho - they had the bags which went viral and sold out fast, and when the album dropped everyone had already heard the entire album so it wasn't a blind release. Also didn't preorders open after most of the album had been released?

Entertainment companies move the same, we had multiple actors exposed once they wanted to leave their company, so I will correct you in 2 points:

1. Actors definitely have one form of parasocial relationship and their fans are not can be, and are, just as crazy as kpop fans. Bae Suzy can be living example of this.

2. No one wants their privacy being leaked out in public, especially relationship that has just started.

Exactly there were loads of actors whose personal lives got leaked right before contract renewals last year and the year before.

Its often mentioned that companies ask these people for all their deepest darkest secrets so that they can bury them but when it comes to renewal, somehow some of these secret relationships etc somehow leak.

Here, the amount of music videos for a group with only 3 eras is crazy, this level of privilege in kpop has no precedent:

Firefox_Screenshot_2024-02-29T08-13-17.191Z.png

By their 3 era twice had only 3 music videos, newjeans got 21 on 12 months... like do people here understand how much money needs to be invested to give a rookie group +20 music videos, all other content and promo newjeans had? If they didn't become successful after all that it would be embarrassing

Didn't MHJ say their budget was the same as Hybe gives for all their debut groups its just that that used the budget differently and didn't spend on things she thought were unnecessary? No ads on the MVs, no buying articles, no trying to get them onto shows or predebut promotion photoshoots or videos must have saved them a bundle. Hurt was basically shot in a field with 1 camera doing nothing but close ups (cheap), cookie was a box MV (notoriously cheap) and the reused loads of shots across the 4 hype boy scenes. Most groups probably often shoot enough for multiple MV's, they just never make use.

The same, multiple shots in one day thing explains ditto, ETA and Zero were funded by big companies as ads and I wouldn't be surprised if cartoon network payed for the Newjeans MV as part of the joint project. The most expensive by far is deffo supershy and cool with you, but those are both after mega successes so it makes sense.

Not saying they ain't privileged, the marketing strategy wouldn't have worked otherwise, but MHJ has explained the budget countless times.

EXACTLY

Only thing I'd add is when we go see concerts, no matter how big the screens are, the majority of the seats are so far back you can barely see the stage and the camera work isn't showing you the entire dance. So if they aren't singing live, the majority of what your getting is being in a giant sweaty room with a bunch of other people, barely being able to see your idols lipsynch over a backing track version you've heard 20 times before.

Why everyone always believe there’s something behind a couple outing? Judging by the pictures she wasn’t even hiding and we know SM is cheap. Also who truly cares about 4th generation idol dating except teen stans?

Now if it was Jungkook I could understand but Karina and that actor?!

Karina is popular in Korea and SEA, they love her face and the majority of Aespa's Korean fanbase are men who love her and Winter. If it were me and my idol went viral for something that could cut off the majority of my groups male fanbase I'd want someone else to do something to make my idol look better in comparison. 'Yeah she read a feminist book but at least she's still single so keep buying stuff conservative men who think female idols dating or being feminists is one step up from devil worship.'

SM is cheap, but if somethings confirmed by others they don't tend to try and deny. The only reason they'd try to drag JK into a scandal would be if they want worldwide news along with female fans losing their minds to cover something up. You don't need a sledge hammer to crack a walnut shell.

edit - also if they weren't hiding it why was there no news? idols can't even have the same phone case without it starting rumors or speculation yet there was nothing up until dispatch dropped the news? Just seems weird to me.

Didn't really look like they were hiding it though tbh. Plus, everything was confirmed rather quickly.

Doubt it has anything to do with Yunjin.

I guess the whole dating ban thing really isn't a thing. Baekhyun dated Taeyeon 2 years after debut, Jennie dated Kai like 2 1/2 after her debut, Jihyo dated Daniel like 3 years after debut, and now Karina like 3 1/2 years after debut.

That is the supposed dating ban though? No dating for the first 2 years after debut.

I feel like its a mix between his agency wanting more publicity for his drama so exposing it and Hybe was looking for something to help cover Yunjin's feminist book thing so helped it spread faster. We all remember what happened to Irene and LSF is also know for having a heavily male fanbase.

There is no way his agency was able to get SM to agree and confirm this 2-3 hours after it hit the headlines when we are normally waiting a day at the very least for some news. His agency is deffo involved somehow, they didn't even let it brew online for long and its been what? a month since they started dating?

Nayeon by a landslide.

3 mix are the best singers in the group but we all saw how much people hated Jihyo's singing style and Jeongyeon lost alot of confidence due to her illness. She's never even done a melody project. I doubt she'd want solo music.

Chae would drop indie music, Mina and Tyuzu are wildcards (don't think they have the charisma or personality to be solo but who knows) and if the song is right Sana and maybe Momo could do really well.

Honestly streams are worth peanuts for everyone but the streaming platform.

This kind of makes you wonder how much idols actually get from streams since the percentage depends on the relationship with the publisher (e.g. JYP) and spotify

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Fuck off with your xenophobia.

Not saying I agree with all OP said in the thread but...China and their IP laws is very common knowledge worldwide and though it has gotten much better (especially since they made amends to the laws in 2021 and started publishing articles of cases to prove they will protect copyright) its hard to wash away peoples long held views. For years we've heard of companies pulling out of China due to copyright issues.

Top Gear even did a full 2 part series in 2011 talking about how Chinese car makers were essentially making dupes so companies fully pulled out the market (still available on YT I think). Then theres articles like this -

1 in 5 corporations say China has stolen their IP within the last year: CNBC CFO survey
    The survey's findings reinforce the importance of IP theft in the trade war negotiations between the Trump administration and China.
    www.cnbc.com

Historically, the Chinese courts didn't care so many companies would fight to have contracts governed by the laws of Hong Kong or Singapore incase they need to sue (and to this day many still insist because they don't trust the Chinese courts for anything). That's not even taking into consideration that even if you win, the Chinese courts may not bother to enforce a judgement from another country.

I'd say its only in the past 10-15 years that its gotten better as (1) the general populace have gotten richer and started wanting the genuine brands and (2) they only opened to the west in 1978, back then they were behind in terms of technology, money and education, they spent 40 years absorbing all the above, improving it and making their own advancements so they no longer need to copy and are now focused on protecting what they have (hence the change to copyright laws, them beating the rest of the world in patents filed since 2016 onwards and the major copyright crackdown in the past 5 years with huge wins for companies like Lego and Jaguar (though the latter was fighting for 12 years for this)).

Edit - Thats not to say it isn't still a major issue, just look online for the pure volume of people putting Shein and other fast fashion brands on blast for copying their designs (blogilates even posted all her conversations with the CEO of Shein when they copied her designs https://www.blogilates.com/blog/shein-stole-my-design/, there are channels who dedicated to tracking down the OG creators and Safiya Nygarrd did a vid on this a couple months ago -

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't really follow Bibi's career, but she always had good results like this? I'm pretty impressed, honestly. Especially because Taeyeon, that guy, I don't remember his name😅 ruling the charts for 2 months now, or more, and IU is here too with TWS, and we'll see how Le Sserafim will perform.

Don't think she's ever charted this high or ever this well - I remember hearing she is one loved by other musicians and westerners more than the public and that her Smiley feat was by far her highest charting.

Her music is pretty popular in RnB circles so shes always done far better on streaming sites than on charts. Her music sometimes gets blocked as inappropriate so she can't promote it and she did say on knowing bros she gets money from acting and producing so she can make the music she wants to make. This time around she can promote it and some reels of her on radio star apparently went super viral in SK.

Edit forgot to mention she also did a remix of Eve, Psyche & the Bluebeard's Wife which would have helped too.

One twice member needs to bite the bullet and learn English to a good enough level for the interviews. Dahyun is my pick she seems the best.

My money is on Tyuzu or Nayeon - Tyuzu currently knows the most languages so it would be easiest for her to pick up and I swear Nayeon has shown alot of vlogs of her learning with her tutor and her flashcards