Some Koreans are speculating why Karina dating news was revealed

• Pure speculation but according to them HYBE pulled some strings to help bury the news that Yunjin reads a feminist themed book, which blew up in Korean male communities. In Korean male mindset, they equate being a feminist as being anti-Korean male. Lesserafim has a big male following too. I’m not buying it but the dating reveal feels too sudden and out of nowhere.

• Didn't really look like they were hiding it though tbh. Plus, everything was confirmed rather quickly.

Doubt it has anything to do with Yunjin.

I guess the whole dating ban thing really isn't a thing. Baekhyun dated Taeyeon 2 years after debut, Jennie dated Kai like 2 1/2 after her debut, Jihyo dated Daniel like 3 years after debut, and now Karina like 3 1/2 years after debut.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Didn't really look like they were hiding it though tbh. Plus, everything was confirmed rather quickly.

Doubt it has anything to do with Yunjin.

I guess the whole dating ban thing really isn't a thing. Baekhyun dated Taeyeon 2 years after debut, Jennie dated Kai like 2 1/2 after her debut, Jihyo dated Daniel like 3 years after debut, and now Karina like 3 1/2 years after debut.

That is the supposed dating ban though? No dating for the first 2 years after debut.

I feel like its a mix between his agency wanting more publicity for his drama so exposing it and Hybe was looking for something to help cover Yunjin's feminist book thing so helped it spread faster. We all remember what happened to Irene and LSF is also know for having a heavily male fanbase.

There is no way his agency was able to get SM to agree and confirm this 2-3 hours after it hit the headlines when we are normally waiting a day at the very least for some news. His agency is deffo involved somehow, they didn't even let it brew online for long and its been what? a month since they started dating?

• According to reports, Japan will be releasing even more nuclear wastewater into an ocean shared by Korea. Japan’s release of nuclear waste has been one of the most contentious issues during Yoon Suk Yeol’s presidency that the President’s Japan-friendly stance has exacerbated.

Y'all think this is used to cover up kpop stuff? It's obviously political

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。 I just wanna continue my pace ⋆.ೃ࿔*:・。 ゚ ꒰ঌ 🪼✦🌊໒꒱ ༘*.゚⋆。

• i know Karina is the most popular in Aespa

but i don`t know if she is THAT popular to stan a dating scandall

Do you think she is at a level of Taeyeon, Susy or Jennie with their Scandals

I think she is more like Jihyo, and we all know her scandall didn`t do her well, even being on one of the most popular groups in the country

Also, don`t know if they were caught, or someone is getting some benefit from it. Sure is not Karina

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• I generally don't believe in this kind of silly idea of dropping a dating story to cover up something else.

I just think that the Korea public, like the public everywhere, has an interest in celebrity gossip and pairings. This has ALWAYS been a thing since the idea of celebrity was a thing. I mean, back when print media was a big thing, there were whole ass magazines more or less dedicated to celebrity gossip, hookups, dating, marriages etc. They still exist.

The public loves this shit, and the media knows this. It drives clicks and views and discussion, which breeds clicks and views... and this = profit.

They don't need some oooohhhh spooky dooky conspiracy "it's covering up some other news" garbage to justify breaking a dating story between high profile names. They just need to see the dollar signs.

Not everything is conspiracy.

• Why everyone always believe there’s something behind a couple outing? Judging by the pictures she wasn’t even hiding and we know SM is cheap. Also who truly cares about 4th generation idol dating except teen stans?

Now if it was Jungkook I could understand but Karina and that actor?!

• Why everyone always believe there’s something behind a couple outing? Judging by the pictures she wasn’t even hiding and we know SM is cheap. Also who truly cares about 4th generation idol dating except teen stans?

Now if it was Jungkook I could understand but Karina and that actor?!

Karina is popular in Korea and SEA, they love her face and the majority of Aespa's Korean fanbase are men who love her and Winter. If it were me and my idol went viral for something that could cut off the majority of my groups male fanbase I'd want someone else to do something to make my idol look better in comparison. 'Yeah she read a feminist book but at least she's still single so keep buying stuff conservative men who think female idols dating or being feminists is one step up from devil worship.'

SM is cheap, but if somethings confirmed by others they don't tend to try and deny. The only reason they'd try to drag JK into a scandal would be if they want worldwide news along with female fans losing their minds to cover something up. You don't need a sledge hammer to crack a walnut shell.

edit - also if they weren't hiding it why was there no news? idols can't even have the same phone case without it starting rumors or speculation yet there was nothing up until dispatch dropped the news? Just seems weird to me.

• The fact that this came up right before his drama airs makes me think there's some internal issues between him and his agency

I don’t think his agency is powerful enough to ask Dispatch for a big news release. It’s in Dispatch’s financial interest to get paid by big companies to not reveal dating news of their top idols, unless another party can pay them more for the release. And we are at a point where HYBE can pony up more than SM.

In addition, they always had HYBE’s back, whether it was for Garam or BTS.

• I don’t think his agency is powerful enough to ask Dispatch for a big news release. It’s in Dispatch’s financial interest to get paid by big companies to not reveal dating news of their top idols, unless another party can pay them more for the release. And we are at a point where HYBE can pony up more than SM.

In addition, they always had HYBE’s back, whether it was for Garam or BTS.

They've always had SM's back too. If anything, it might be SM covering up for Lucas

BLACKPINKJESSICANEWJEANSSEJEONGTHE ROSETWICEYERIN BAEKYUKIKATHE VOLUNTEERS

ee868cb541261094eb3c49077579820d9d2684ef.gifv259551f29b1b419b0910ccd1ffe7a59b3ca03dbb.gifv9179a574e42e68a00c37635d5151fe4ebba30003.gifv9fbbfdae9fd592cc7858e29f534e290375563da9.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!