Posts by harambelives

That's all fine and dandy. But what is your solution then? "Fuck no" is a bad start to anything constructive.

I don't know, maybe rid of both sides leaders and start negotiations from scratch or something.

And fuck no is the current observable israeli attitude, so if you think it's bad start imagine what the victims think about negotiating with the very people that bombed them and control them

So, rather than throwing insults and accusations to each other, what do you think would be the most ideal solution to the conflict? What do you think must be achieved in order to restore long lasting peace in the not so Holy Land?

Imo the two state solution seems the likeliest option (vs the bipartite one state option). For this, Palestine would need to get rid of Hamas and its allies. Israel would need to give back some of the territories they took as spoils of war. Even though independent from each other, Palestine and Israel would need to enter some kind of neutral union to ensure stability, not aligned with Arab states nor the USA and the West; like the Switzerland of Middle East basically. They should share a common effort to shut down the most extreme factions within their ranks and around.

If neither parties are ready to meet such conditions, then I think it's pointless to cry over the suffering because it just won't end anytime soon.

A 2 state would require both sides to keep their promises. Hamas obviously can't but neither can the Israeli government who have lied multiple times, commited war crimes under international law in the name of "defence" and allow illegal expansion into Palestine territory via so called settlements. They cannot be trusted at all.

Israel literally rule Gaza's resources, how can a 2 state solution work Palestinians are wholly reliant on their occupiers for food and energy and in the event israel do leave they leave behind a ruined country. A hospital was bombed today, are israel going to to take care of the infirm or rebuild it so citizens can run it on its own? Fuck no.

Don't be dumb on purpose. I'm not comparing anything.

This forum is full of silly threads about shipping and 4th gen flops and a bunch of stuff that doesn't matter. Trying to discuss one of the most complex issues in the world here is just asking for ignorant bs because no one knows what they're talking about.

Just because kpop topics can be silly doesn't automatically mean people are ignorant on other topics. Should no users be allowed to discuss things complex things like social issues or morality in the news or their everyday lives simply because they're stupid to understand anything? What kind of shit is that?

But then again your own fan war post and the one I replying does back up your own point, seems you’re ignorant one and a Kpop fan.

This is the cycle of hatred from both sides and a forum that predominately discusses Army/Blink fanwars is probably not the best place to have an actual discussion about it.

Comparing literal life and death wars with online fan wars. Kpop fans being classy

It's not a humanitarian crises like the result of famine or earthquake, it's a a deliberate planned occupation that's been around and enforced for decades. The world is letting it happen or pro actively making it happen.

When israel bombs the fuck out of Palestine rest and you see some countries have "sympathy" all the while fully let israel continue bombing or even pay for it all. I've seen in the news "Gaza in rubbles" dozens of times in the last 5 years. They were bonded during Covid too. No one ever speaks up and tells israel to cool it. America talks about Russia being brutal and rash regarding Ukraine but it's been supporting israel doing the same thing on much longer scale. Peak "do as I say not as I do".

i feel sorry for the truly innocent civilians but otherwise, i don't see why i should have any sympathy for palestine as an institution. they're a nation of hatred.

Well when your under brutal violent occupation for decades, hundreds of people in your vicinity including family are dead within a night, kicked out of your homes and livelihood (farmland, businesses) taken away by so called "settlers", and basically have to rely on israel for limited and controlled food and energy then of course they're going to be full of hatred for their oppressors

Man the media and leader responses are very different now than when israel does similar levels of senseless violence.

What hamas did is unquestionably a terrorist attack on civilians but every thing israel has down including many attacks that were deemed war crimes was always swept the rug. The random shootings of civilians in the streets (including an American Palestinian journalist last year), Palestinians evicted from their homes and farm land being taken away or poisoned so they can't grow anything, bombing hundreds of civilians under the guise of "hunting terrorists", last year raiding and beating worshippers in mosques, and overall israel basically running an occupational state for decades. It's a glaring double standard. The west were instantly ready to conden and take action against Russia for invading Ukraine but sat on their hands while the exact same thing has been going on in Palestine by israel.

Today an attack on Israel, tomorrow am attack on Gaza, a few months or years later another big attack on israel, then more retaliation and so goes the circle.

I don’t get why when fx is brought their lack of promotion and stuff is always tied to SNSD. Why aren’t SM BGs put in the same position? Did TVXQ hinder Suju? Did Suju turn Shinee into ugly step kids? Did Shinee stop Exo in their tracks? It’s always no. Each group got their time to shine.

SNSD being teh biggest group around didn’t affect fx, there was a time when SNSD took a year off in Korea in 2012 and focused on Japan it was fx who stepped up and we contenders for 2nd biggest gg around. That was pretty huge of SM having the number 1 and arguably number 2 ggs of that point in time. Not being the priority didn’t automatically mean there were doomed to fail, they clearly had the chops to compete with other ggs.

It was more on SM simply not putting an effort into them on a continuous basis. They had tv shows, good album sales, popular members, everything was in place. After Sulli left SM just gave up on them. Minimal cbs, minimal inter music activities. Fx was put on the back burner and RV became the fresh young face of SM.

Just as importantly the members basically gave up too: Victoria found she could make serious money in China and Krystal didn’t care at all and wanted to do acting instead. That’s half the group out the door. Amber and Luna tried their best to keep fx alive but it wasn’t enough. It was a stark contrast to SNSD who in the 5 year gap and in different agencies were constantly active on showbiz and constantly talking about each other. Even if a CB never happened at the very least it was obvious they still always had the group in the back of their minds and it of course all paid off in 2022.

So it was a mixture of SM mismanaging their groups as tradition (even happened to SNSD) and the members not interested which sled things up with Fx fizzling out with a whimper.

Soshified an international Sone forum was the biggest kpop fansite on the world. They led the way in translating tons of content for fans in the best quality available. They were so big they even managed to organise a private event in New York for fans to meet with SNSD with SM full approval and backing. Soshified was at the forefront of expanding Kpop around the world . At the time it was unprecedented for a international fansite to have such power and direct interaction with a Kpop label

You sound like idols always tell us the truth about things that happen.

And like you said, I'm doubting which means I'm not sure, so how is that putting words in their mouths if I'm not sure? Even the girls can't promise anything and didn't know if they could get back together until it happened. Occasional reunions don't mean that they are active as Snsd because it's no longer their priority. Now, other things come first that's why staying together is not necessary. It's sad but true whether it's accepted or not.

With my 7 years experience as a Sone, I've realised that there are a lot of lies about idols' careers to the extent that they can never tell us the whole truth about many things that happen. I know it hurts to hear that you are being lied to but I'm no longer delusional enough to understand that idols don't distance themselves from their fans even if they are no longer active just so they can keep getting support in whatever they do. It's a PR strategy and it's business.

Bruh with your 7 years experience you're become full on delusional that even Kanye would be think you're far gone.

There's not taking things/words at face value like you think you do and then there's literally ignoring reality and making shit up because you think you're smarter than the sheep like you actually do. They met up regularly in those 5 years, they were in talks for a CB, they had a fucking CB and through all that you still think they were lying and question whether they are part of the group???? What. The. Fuck.

You've got issues beyond just usual Kpop/idol crap. You got issues with reality. Get some help.

I'm actually not moving any goalposts, because much like Twice, no one in SNSD even had a solo music career in their first 7 years. Along with Yoona's acting, they had a sub-unit and that was it. Nayeon debuted around the same time as Taeyeon, relatively speaking, so that comparison is perfectly valid. Expecting the rest of Twice to immediately branch out from the group after finally being given the greenlight to do so, when they've spent much of the past two years actively touring, is not.

You argue that the success of SNSD's reunion is impressive given their absence. I could just as easily argue that it was successful due to their absence. If they were coming back every year, like a normal girl group, would they still achieve the same level of success with each comeback?

You are moving goal posts though. SNSD members were having solo projects that weren't just music very early on. Why don't you include that? You went from denying they have successful careers to ignoring they did anything at all...

Taeyeon was releasing Osts that were national hits and made her a household name. Yoona started as an actress. Sunny was a DJ. Tiffany regularly appeared on TV shows even though she wasn't fluent in Korean. Sooyoung and Yuri had a drama and usual TV shows. This was all within the first couple years. From there they broke out with Gee and were the biggest group around as they started touring internationally and appearing on TV almost everyday. By 2011ish every single member had involved themselves in some solo activities like TV, musicals, modelling, singing etc. You can says it's JYP fault or whatver but at the end of the day Twice members have nothing on even early SNSD solo activities and certainly not compared to SNSD at their peak or present day.

That's 2 sides of the same coin. It's impressive despite of the absence, it's successful due to absence. Either way they still had a successful CB. I don't see the issue.

Yeah, it sounds like she's leaving the group too.

Or, they all left the group since it's not their main focus but they can't say it out loud because they don't want to disappoint Sone and they need Sone to push their solo careers. Idk.

I wish Kpop idols would open up and tell us the truth.

For supposedly being a sone you always have the absolute worst takes about them. I remember you and I argued a couple years ago how you said SNSD was was 100% totally done and fans are being delusional believing to the girls lie of a possible reunion as it was them sucking up to fans. Forever 1 happens the very next year showing they were telling the truth all along (actually they aimed for it to happen in 2021 but delayed due Covid so they were telling the truth even before Forever 1 was announced)

Now you're questioning Sunny leaving the group when she's said no such thing in her statement and said on bubble that she understood you can be outside SM and still be part of SNSD like TSS. You're even questioning the rest of them left SNSD when they've shown the 5 whole ass years SNSD is still part of them all professionally and simply as friends hanging out.

You want idols to tell the truth yet youre first in line putting words into their mouth.

It's not surprising at all and tbh I kinda expected at least a couple members to leave too but still it feels strange - it feels wrong a SNSD member is leaving SM.

I wonder where her future plans are. Maybe more TV work or she goes into a post idol life. Maybe we might get that solo she never wanted to do lol. Whatever the case, good luck Sunny