RE: Do you think Soojin deserved to be cut from Gidle?

• OP

No, I don't. I really think these bully scandals are a travesty and not well handled at all. Yes, I've seen some of you say G-IDLE is doing fine without her, but that's not the point here - it's whether or not she deserved it.

• She didn't deserve it. I've said it before that if only she had apologised maybe her situation could have been better but at the same time I understand that if she was truly innocent and the incidents were blown up by her accusers in an exaggerated manner then her trying to prove her innocence rather than taking the blame for something she never did is not wrong either.

• Honestly(and I am not just saying this because I am a neverland) considering how her bullying scandal didn't end up going anywhere and how her accuser's have been exposed, I believe Cube was wrong for kicking her out.

Most kpop bullying scandals are fake and have lost all validity to me, I mean look at Garam's. The whole thing turned out to be a complete fake, including the iconic s*x board.

It's innocent until proven guilty, not guilty until proven innocent. And so far, there has been no substantial proof that Soojin was actually a heartless bully.

I mean, her accuser talked about how she would cry when she heard gidle's songs because it reminded her of the "torture" Soojin put her through but there's a whole freaking live of her playing dumdi dumdi by Gidle while trash-talking Soojin without shedding a single tear.

Makes you wonder who is actually the bully?

• When did this happen? Also how?

I talked about it later in my comment. I was referencing the whole thing were the accuser claimed she would cry everytime she heard a gidle song because of the torture Soojin apparently put her through but there's a whole live where she had dumdi dumdi by gidle playing and didn't shed a single tear.

• No and Cube was her company and they should've handled it way better. To me she was the most charming in g-idle performances so they really lost an extremely important "piece" here.

I was on the actress side tbh, but i wasn't expecting her to be really cut out, apologies exist for a reason. But everything is still confusing and i think we won't know the whole truth.

• I talked about it later in my comment. I was referencing the whole thing were the accuser claimed she would cry everytime she heard a gidle song because of the torture Soojin apparently put her through but there's a whole live where she had dumdi dumdi by gidle playing and didn't shed a single tear.

That doesn't really prove anything. 💀

JIƧӨӨ

GIgwSf5XIAEdewM?format=jpg&name=large 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv GJKfkeBasAAzQKy?format=jpg&name=large 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv GIg0UwObMAA-0XK?format=jpg&name=large

• I mean, her accuser talked about how she would cry when she heard gidle's songs because it reminded her of the "torture" Soojin put her through but there's a whole freaking live of her playing dumdi dumdi by Gidle while trash-talking Soojin without shedding a single tear.

Makes you wonder who is actually the bully?

Wait, what? There is?

• I don't think so. There was no good evidence, the accuser was shady, CUBE was a mistake of a company to begin with so no hope for a good future was ever on their side, Seo Shinae admitted to lying about Soojin, the police had little to no evidence to investigate, and knetz didn't really care they just wanted someone to slander as usual. The odds were stacked up against Soojin, she really had no other choice than to leave. I don't think she deserved it though.

• OP

No, I don't. I really think these bully scandals are a travesty and not well handled at all. Yes, I've seen some of you say G-IDLE is doing fine without her, but that's not the point here - it's whether or not she deserved it.

I think kpop fan culture inherently always defends the idol. Much like Soojin's accusation with bullying, Hongki's fans defended him for years and by claiming that the accusers were lying, turned out much later he actually was a HUGE bully. Same with BAP Himchan. He was "framed" and many of his own fans used this same rhetoric to support Woojin and many others who had many accounts of sexual misconduct -- twitter threads prove nothing. Turned out it was true right?

Does that mean every accusation is true? No, some, even most are false, but the way kpop fans heavily change the dynamic around scandals does make this really murky. There are still fans of verified pedophiles for one.

Human psychology is way more complicated than you think, it doesn't work like that and not crying once doesn't invalidate claims. I don't know the entire story here but not crying once? is not the conclusive proof you think it is. Look at Lizzy and Uee's cases for one.

Also Garam's hot topic in SOPA-student spaces still says she was a terrible person so I'm curious when it got debunked, it's still ranking #1 and everything on her own school's forum.

• mann if this happened in the US and soojin got any two-bit lawyer

they woulda sued for defamation like hell was about to breach the ground.

heck if it happened in japan you can sue for defamation even if the accusations were true.

Korea's civil suit system needs an overhaul.

• I found a video that explains it all.

The title is kind of clickbait but it has the video I was talking about and more I forgot about.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It shows the video of them listening and dancing to dumdi dumdi by gidle and saying she should have snapped Soojin's neck, seoshinae(the actress involved in the scandal) saying she isn't sure Soojin was the one that was part of the people that bullied her.

The accuser claimed that she stole shoes and jacket from someone in middle school and posted a pic of the same jacket that was "stolen". The "stolen" jacket was a model made in 2019.

One of the accusers also claimed she got an illness from Soojin, the illness they were talking about is an illness that someone is born with.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!