Do you think Soojin deserved to be cut from Gidle?

• If she'll ever comeback would you support her?

I for one would, what she did is wrong but she did it while in young and she definitely grew up, many other idols who had such scandals are still actively promoting.

One even did it while actively promoting.

I think she added a flavor to Gidle and to the kpop scene, her absence is notable imo.

Approved the thread.
  • I'm not a fan, but no. Stay anchored to the past is for losers.

• There is a reason why gidle is smashing without her.

• soojin fumbled it herself. if she hadn't tried to play innocent from the beginning seo shinae wouldn't have exposed her so completely. the problem with soojin is that her accusers weren't just anonymous pann posts - when another celebrity chooses to expose you, it's over.

• No, she didn't.

It was a cold company decision.

• But did she grow up though? The reason she lost her job is because she publicly called out her alleged victim and literally said she'd leave if they responded. And they did. She painted herself into a corner.

All the other idols have kept a low profile and waited for it to be disproved or to blow over.

Anyway, isn't Tomboy their biggest hit? They don't need her.

• yes she deserved to be dropped from the group.

And no, I won't support her if she debuts solo.

Other companies should have done this with their bully idols too

• Tbh I don't believe she was a bully.

• yes she deserved to be dropped from the group.

And no, I won't support her if she debuts solo.

Other companies should have done this with their bully idols too

No, she didn't.

It wasn't a bullying story, and she wasn't a bully.

Soojin's story made a lot more sense and had a lot more detail than the many vague accusations of her former friend's sibling.

Soojin and that former friend had a falling out and ended up being no friends anymore. Nobody deserves to lose their career for that.

It was a petty revenge story, that Soojin's former friend's sibling only managed to get it to stick by saying it was bullying. If anyone deserves to lose their career and reputation, it was that person.

Soojin got kicked out because Cube abandoned her, for the simple reason that the police had too little evidence from so many years ago to make the slander case that it should've been.

• Yes

As a person who was bullied in middle and high school, I would never forgive what she did. Being young isn't an excuse.

• soojin fumbled it herself. if she hadn't tried to play innocent from the beginning seo shinae wouldn't have exposed her so completely. the problem with soojin is that her accusers weren't just anonymous pann posts - when another celebrity chooses to expose you, it's over.

seo shinae admitted she was lying and didn't actually know if her bully was really soojin, that's why soojin was saying she didn't remember seo shinae

anyway, I do think she didn't deserve to leave. CUBE was shady about the whole thing and so was the accuser. There was zero evidence, just a bunch of band-wagon hate.

• Yes she deserves it. She is the one who said she would leave if it turned out the accusations were true. If she had been a bit more humble and accepted her past mistake she would.probably still be in the group.

• It's not a matter of deserving or not deserving. The decision of cutting her was not taken on such grounds. And we don't even know how things unfolded behind the scenes. Maybe we will someday and have a better understanding of the situation. For now, it seems her withdrawal was made out of cold pragmatism, in order to save the group's reputation as a whole. What would have happened if they kept her around? Who knows? We can't look at an alternate reality where she would still be a member.

With that being said, I think she deserved to be treated more fairly because the truth is, none of us was there to see what happened firsthand, and the allegations were not even that severe in the first place once you sidelined everything that was demonstrated to be fake.

• I wish Soojin a successful solo/group redebut

She did not deserve what she got.

(fck cube)

• Yes

As a person who was bullied in middle and high school, I would never forgive what she did. Being young isn't an excuse.

That's because you let your trauma cloud your judgment.

What happened to you was bad, as it's bad for everyone suffering bullying.

That doesn't make every fight and every conflict between high school kids a case of bullying, nor does it make every bullying accusation a 100% truth.

Let's never forget T-ARA, 1 of the many, MANY cases where a lot of vague accusations made 90% of K-pop fans believe it was bullying only to end up being completely untrue and false.

• But did she grow up though? The reason she lost her job is because she publicly called out her alleged victim and literally said she'd leave if they responded. And they did. She painted herself into a corner.

All the other idols have kept a low profile and waited for it to be disproved or to blow over.

Anyway, isn't Tomboy their biggest hit? They don't need her.

No she didn't. She said she'll leave if she was found guilty, which isn't the case so far.

The fact that she left also doesn't mean that she's guilty because cube was planning to cut her from gidle since the beginning.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!