Fight, flight or freeze?

• Fight :cursing:

I'll Will Smith the heck out of that attacker :cursing: :cursing:

terrible idea

WS move only makes them angry wont stop them from coming after u

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've been robbed twice and I just gave them what they wanted. It's better to lose some bucks than to go to the hospital. I didn't lose anything too valuable anyway.

One of my fears as someone who walks pretty much everywhere.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Was in two threatening situations before and both times I ran. But with the first incident I pushed the person away as hard as I could an then ran away and called the police.

But I’m usually good in sensing potential dangerous situations and was able to avoid anything serious happening to me. But than again as an African my parents told my siblings and me that where they are from you can’t wait for help, you have to learn to protect yourself, so they passed that unto us.

• I've been robbed twice and I just gave them what they wanted. It's better to lose some bucks than to go to the hospital. I didn't lose anything too valuable anyway.

thats smart

Now me when a fucker twisted my arm behind me and asked for phone, I elbowed him hard on the face twice

He let go and I had one look back. his face was bloody and I ran like I have never before

My parents were like wtf, what if he stabbed u?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• From the situations I've been in, it varies between fight and flight, majority being fight.

Due to where I grew up, I learnt to assess my surroundings much quicker and the risk required with either action.

Although I've learnt to restrain my fight response, Like if someone I know tries to scare me as a prank, I have to hold back every ounce of myself not to go deck the person automatically, so it looks weird because my body looks awkward cause I catch my arm in mid motion when it happens.

giphy.gif
    *Shawol* VK Lover

• I agree with that

unfortunately instinct take over for me and I'm really to fight even if the opponent is bigger than me

Not safe at all

Yeah...I think that learning self-defense is helpful from defending yourself from danger but you still have to have focus and not let the fear and adrenaline overtake your mind.

I would run even if my mind says no.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Freeze and will Fight, few instances is what happened.

Two Stories - During a Street Party some Drunk Guy is spouting off in front of me about idk. I'm several inches taller and weighed twice as much as him. He quickly lost interest when being so close to me.

Second story I was waiting in the Car awhile someone was shopping. I was messing around with a Dash Mounted GPS. Very impressed with its features. Some guy comes up angrily saying I was watching his GF. I did notice her outside the Store, but not checking her out. Just focused on the GPS and saying as much to the guy. He still yelling so I get out of the car and notice his eyes get real big seeing huge guy standing in front of him. I wasn't looking at your GF I say and he left.

• Run.

Which know, because when I was walking home through the forest with some friends and something startled me, I just ran like my life depended on it. Funny thing was that my friends, who hadn't noticed anything amiss, ran too, convinced that someone awful had to be behind us. So we all ran and ran... Until we were out of breath and one of my friends asked "why are we running?" and nobody could really say why.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!