You're a teenager : Are you responsible for your actions or no ?

• You're a teenager, do you think you should be hold accountable of your actions ? 13

1. Yes, i'm a teenager so i'm enough old to know what i should do and what i should not do (12) 92%
    2. No, I'm a teenager, i consider i'm too young to understand what's good or bad (1) 8%

I see a lot of people who justify pre-debut idols controvery with excuses like " they were teenager, they didn't know what to do, they'll grow and learn " to exempt this people from taking responsability for their actions

so let's ask what AKP users thinks

if you're a teenager and you messed up :

• by making racist statement about black people
    • if you bullied someone
    • you beat up someone
    • you scam someone
    • You mock somebody for their physics

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

Edited once, last by SooYoung ().

Well, physics is hard

Lol, sorry.

I think you're old enough as a teen to know right from wrong for the big things at least. People are going to make mistakes or be dumb sometimes but being a bully or a racist isn't a mistake. That's a character issue. That's not something that should get waved away. People should be held accountable, take responsibility, and show growth.

• Here we go again.

I do agree that teenagers do know what's good and bad. But we live in a imperfect world, that is not going to stop them from doing bad things at certain points. But if they're still good human beings, they would still learn from those mistakes because of the fact they know what's good and bad.

Hopefully you understand.

• yes they are and should own up to it and apologize. ofcourse people can make mistakes but I think in the case of bullying being young isn't an excuse. If you're a bully, then it's not a mistake, but several mistakes. being mean to someone once is not being a bully, so the excuse of everyone made a mistake once when they were young is not it

• Teenagers should be responsible for their actions.

It's possible for people to change and reflect, but if you did something bad, you should own up to it. Whether that be apologizing or more depending on the severity of the actions.

In the end, outside of doing something illegal, it is up to the individual person whether they can overlook a person's past or not. Some people can, some people can't, and some people outright refuse to.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• if you're a teenager and you messed up :

• by making racist statement about black people

your fault but its not an unforgivable mistake

• if you bullied someone

your fault but you can set things right too

• you beat up someone

happens to everyone some way or the other

all good if you learn from it never to do it again

• you scam someone

very common

your sense of empathy hasnt developed enough to know you are indirectly harming someone

dont do it as an adult

not an unforgivable crime

idk man if you get a C in physics, you deserve to be bullied

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• Yes they are responsible for their actions. However I don't think that mistakes you make as a teenager should necessarily define your entire life. Facing responsibility for those actions and learning from it are key.

• jesus christ here we go again.

i'd like to see the korean teens/idols prosecuted/tried in american courts for the shit that k-netz think is offensive. the judge would fucking cackle. different culture, i get it. but goddamn this shit is fucking ridiculous.

i'm not going to go through every statement and approve or deny it, because it's a waste of time. just know it's different for everyone.

• As a teenager you atleast have to know the basics of what is right and what is wrong but you won't know everything I mean after living years under the wings and control of your parents you finally get that sense of freedom and control over yourself that you didn't have and from here a learning experience happens learning is all about trial and error some mistakes can surely fuck you up but you also learn and start getting more knowledge about situations and like this you start learning and expanding more your knowledge not about what is wrong and right but about life.

• I don't really like calling these things "mistakes". The word mistake has a connation that the there was an error or the result was inadvertent. When you bully someone, you are hurting them on purpose. It's an intentional bad action. I prefer to call it bad behavior rather than a mistake. I'd like to differentiate that from someone doing something thoughtlessly or out of ignorance that had to learn it was hurtful.

• is everything so black and white :| obviously yes teenagers are responsible for their actions, but teenage years are incredibly volatile years and unless it was something actually serious or a behavior that is being repeated into adulthood i don't believe those actions should be held over their head for the rest of their lives.

• I do think that people can change and people mature as they grow older. However, I think that an adult's perspective and from a teenager's perspective can sometimes be different.

It seems that some (not all) adults say that teenagers make mistakes and it's because they don't know any better. But I say that 13-17 is a perfect age where the child should start being held accountable for their actions. I'm not going to dismiss that someone messed up badly just because they happen to be younger than me, teenager or not.

I'm not saying that this should mess up their future because even with me saying this, you do mess up as a teenager and as an adult, you are likely to regret those mistakes. Young and reckless but still should know their mistakes from right to wrong.

It's human nature to improve yourself and honestly, these examples listed are probably more serious subjects than some naive mistakes a teenager may make. We're taught when we're young to respect others but there's a certain point where you have to take that into account and learn what your opinions or what you may say might affect others.

People can change so I don't necessarily agree with something that happened years prior to where the person has had time to grow and reflect and has learned something and has improved to ruin their future. But I do agree that as a teenager, you should be able to hold yourself accountable for these sorts of things.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Yes they are and people can change but it happens rarely

But from what I see once a high school mean girl, always a high school mean girl.

They just evolve. First into sorority sisters, then bridezillas, then weird mom's who make everything about themselves and then finally they will take their final form as nottheMIL.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Yes they are and people can change but it happens rarely

But from what I see once a high school mean girl, always a high school mean girl.

They just evolve. First into sorority sisters, then bridezillas, then weird mom's who make everything about themselves and then finally they will take their final form as nottheMIL.

aka Karens

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• context matters

nothing should be seen in a vacuum of teenager A did x and therefore...

one should understand the hows and whys and underlying causes as to why they did something...

therefore it's not a simple yes or no answer

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!