Kpop stans, their sensitivity and hypocrisy

• The way kpop fans react to some things really makes me wonder if they would have that same insane reaction in real life too. I'll give you examples of what people have been mad about lately:

-trainee a is under fire for "mocking BTS" because they were hanging out flyers on a tiktok video and the caption was something along the lines of "we wonder if someone will come watch us "

-that one aespa member being criticized because she shouted (?) at a cat

-ateez was under fire for saying something to their fans about loving themselves and stuff which other's considered a way to copy another group

-people cancelling groups for trying out some filters on some shows

There are so many other times and if you're a kpop fan you must have seen at least once issue like this. Are people blowing stuff out of proportion and what does it gain them? Why do they act so woke when it comes to other groups but if their faves did the same they were criticizing others for, it's suddenly all quiet? Are kpop fans bunch of hypocrites then?

• Word. :pepe-hehe:

Like I've said before, enjoy the music and the performances and ignore chart obsession, likes, hearts, and their personal lives.

That's why fandoms sometimes are seen in a bad light by the media.

JUST GIMME THE MUSIC :pepe-cowboy:

• Right, I wonder if that sensitivity,dramatic outbursts and etc is a thing only kpop stans own or western fandoms are also as bad :wow:

• Yeah it's just the same thing over and over again, those armys bullying the new groups are acting the same way that those who hated on nugu bts back in the day

Or maybe It's just me who thought seeing so much hatred towards rookie bts would give them a second thought before doing the exact same thing towards other rookies (or trainees)

regardless what I learned over the years is that this is a normal thing in kpop fanculture and fans get angry over the most ridiculous things, like I remember when people got upset over similar hair color or the usage of traditional korean clothes :pepe-cross:

• People generally love to act like they are morally superior to others. You see every day on internet people claiming high moral ground when in real life they are no better. But even if they are better, do they have the right to do so? I would say, yes, It is valid to criticize someone, but in k-pop, line between unreasonable hatred and legitimate criticism is blurred. Just as you said, the double standards and hypocrisy becomes apparent when their faves are the target, they suddenly remember that idols are humans and make mistakes and are capable of growing by learning . Honestly, it's funny how they switch.

We can argue that It's because of internet or humans are inherently like that and I believe all of this is true. It also can't be denied that all of these is encouraged by competition culture within K-pop. The insecurity, jealousy, victimization, constant attempt to prove others that your faves did this and that and are better than others, constant reminder that you owe something to someone is just genuinely ugly and pathetic.

• Yeah, that’s the reason I stopped discussing kpop in some socmedia, BTS farted and suddenly people had whole books to be published with full analysis about it, like the NFT which I actually did criticize but when other groups hopped into it people were nowhere to be found ?( Like, don’t they get tired? Or any time someone is trying to prove why Twice are flops blah blah blah when these girls are working every single day, having cbs, etc people are so dramatic

• Yeah it's just the same thing over and over again, those armys bullying the new groups are acting the same way that those who hated on nugu bts back in the day

Or maybe It's just me who thought seeing so much hatred towards rookie bts would give them a second thought before doing the exact same thing towards other rookies (or trainees)

regardless what I learned over the years is that this is a normal thing in kpop fanculture and fans get angry over the most ridiculous things, like I remember when people got upset over similar hair color or the usage of traditional korean clothes :pepe-cross:

Honestly I have seen this with other kpop fandoms too. People would have others hate on their faves for one specific thing and in a few years, same people will do that thing to newer groups too despite the fact they have been on the receiving end of the backlash before. It's like a never ending circle and nobody seems to learn

• Honestly I have seen this with other kpop fandoms too. People would have others hate on their faves for one specific thing and in a few years, same people will do that thing to newer groups too despite the fact they have been on the receiving end of the backlash before. It's like a never ending circle and nobody seems to learn

Oh I'm sure it's the same for almost every fandom not just armys, it's just puzzles me every time when I see it. I wonder is there any rookie group that got spared by this phenomenon or is it same for everyone

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!