I Want Fashion Advice

• Hello! So, I was looking at red and black dresses online a little under a week ago, when I found this one that I really love:

I think it's pretty. Because I am not a huge mini skirt fan though, there is an option to add a third skirt layer so that it reaches my knees. I also have a small, black bolero in my wardrobe that I think would look good with the dress. So, everything's good, right?

Well, it would be if I wasn't so indecisive on color! While the model is wearing a black and red version, this dress has a ton of color options (easily more than 30) and you can pick whichever of those 30 colors for the shirt part and for the skirt part, no extra charge or issue at all. The skirt and shirt can also be the same color or different colors (or different shades of the same color). Nice! I have narrowed it down a bit and decided that I want to use one or more of these colors: (white, red and/or black).

What I need help deciding is which colors to use (one, two or all of them) and where to put each color on said dress (skirt, shirt or flower). Using each color comes with some pros and cons I'll discuss below (outlined in points two and three). I'd like you to consider the pros and cons when giving the advice but do whatever you want. I would make a poll, but with the number of options, I figured it would be more efficient not to. If you have any questions, especially ones that would impact the advice you give, feel free and ask me.

Red - I have decided I want to use red no matter what, and I would like to use it on the skirt or shirt (undecided on which one, but one of those). Maybe on the flower too/instead, but I'm not quite positive.

White - I think using red and white together would look really cute. As far as the colors themselves, aesthetically, that would probably be my favorite color combination (out of the three color options for the dress). I could also use the dress for a bunch of different holidays too (Christmas, Valentine's Day, 4th of July) as well and it would match the colors for each holiday, so that's neat.

However, there are so downsides to using white too. White fabric shows dirt and stains easily (I don't plan on getting the dress too dirty, especially since it is not a super casual dress, but life happens), so I'd have to be extra careful with it. There is an ivory option that is close to white, so that might help ever so slightly with the dirt option, but not a lot and I'd much rather use an actual white. Not only that, but I am slightly worried that if I use white on a larger section like the skirt or shirt part, it'll look too much like a wedding dress (especially considering the silhouette of the dress already) and that is the last thing I want. Maybe that's just me being irrational and overthinking though. Lastly, if there was no black on the dress at all, the bolero I plan to wear with it may not look like it fits in with the rest of the dress (that can be partially fixed by wearing a ton of black accessories, like black shoes and black jewelry and stuff like that, but I don't know if it will be enough to balance things out or not). I suppose I could get a white bolero if I cared enough, but I don't know that I want to spend money on one right now.

Black - Using red and black would match my bolero shrug much easier and with no problem. Black with also hide dirt and stains better. It definitely won't make the dress look like a wedding dress at all. Basically, it solves all the potential negatives of using white (makes sense, since black and white are considered opposites).

The downsides of using black is that while it is more practical in a lot of ways, using only red and black wouldn't feel like "me" if that makes sense (since I'm much more of a cutesy person and white is cuter than black in my opinion) and I may or may not find it as pretty. Who knows for certain? Not me. I can't think of a ton of cons for using black to be honest.

So basically, this boils down to do I focus on practicality (black) or appearance (white)? If I use both, how do I split it to get the best of both worlds? Any advice? I'm curious to see what you guys will say, as I've been stuck and undecided on this for days. Have a great day/night!

• I guess it would all depend on the occasion you plan on wearing a dress. White and red would definitely look a lot nicer imo. But if you’re planning on going somewhere with food options and things like that, practically would outweigh appearance

• I guess it would all depend on the occasion you plan on wearing a dress. White and red would definitely look a lot nicer imo. But if you’re planning on going somewhere with food options and things like that, practically would outweigh appearance

My church does a lot of balls/casual dances (a mix of both), so I would be wearing it there a lot. Some of them have meals beforehand and then a dance, while some just have candy/snacks for you to eat while you rest between dancing. I would also wear it to concerts when I go to one, as well as on some holidays to celebrate and possibly also to church meetings on Sunday (since you are supposed to dress nicely at the church I go to, which I don't mind because I enjoy dressing up).

• 1st

Cute Dress :omgr:

2,. I think the White would be a good choice, although it does stain easy, it makes for a very Chic and classic/ classy look, it reminds me of classic dresses from the late 1980's-90's in England

Add some pearl jewelry, A very beautiful hairstyle,and some cute accessories and you will be the fashionista of the town :lover3:

• 1st

Cute Dress :omgr:

2,. I think the White would be a good choice, although it does stain easy, it makes for a very Chic and classic/ classy look, it reminds me of classic dresses from the late 1980's-90's in England

Add some pearl jewelry, A very beautiful hairstyle,and some cute accessories and you will be the fashionista of the town :lover3:

Thank you! I thought so as well. That sounds really pretty! I might end up doing that, that styling sounds very pretty as well. Thank you so much! Have a great day/night!

• Thank you! I thought so as well. That sounds really pretty! I might end up doing that, that styling sounds very pretty as well. Thank you so much! Have a great day/night!

Im always more than happy to give fashion advise :lover3:

What i do is image the color pallete of what im wearing and what would work with it and based on personal taste can also help withing you favor

if you ever need more fashion advise

ask me :pepelove1:

Same to you as well! :iloveyoub:

• Thank you! I'll keep that in mind and if I ever need/want more fashion advice, I'll be sure to tag you.

• My church does a lot of balls/casual dances (a mix of both), so I would be wearing it there a lot. Some of them have meals beforehand and then a dance, while some just have candy/snacks for you to eat while you rest between dancing. I would also wear it to concerts when I go to one, as well as on some holidays to celebrate and possibly also to church meetings on Sunday (since you are supposed to dress nicely at the church I go to, which I don't mind because I enjoy dressing up).

BALLS?!

WHERE ARE YOU FROM

IVE ALLWAYS WANTED TO ATTEND A BALL :wilds:

Masquarade to be spesific

or an old Fancy ball like they do in 18th century england :cutes:

• Thank you! I'll keep that in mind and if I ever need/want more fashion advice, I'll be sure to tag you.

:happyr::lover3::lover4: Yay!

• BALLS?!

WHERE ARE YOU FROM

IVE ALLWAYS WANTED TO ATTEND A BALL :wilds:

Masquarade to be spesific

or an old Fancy ball like they do in 18th century england :cutes:

I'm from the US, I promise! I'm currently in college and my college does a few of them. Specifically, the Honors program that I am a part of. There was a Valentine's Day dance (regular dance, not a ball), an Honors banquet (ate dinner, listened to a speaker and got to learn how to do more formal dances), a beach themed party and a casual dance all since February this year. I also got tickets to an annual ball my college does this next Friday and then they're doing a second ball sometime in the middle to end of April. Fun times. Those would be so much fun! I think these balls/dances are a bit more modern if that makes sense though.

Edit: forgot to mention, all of these dances are either 100% free to attend or very cheap. The most expensive one so far costs less than $20 for tickets, but you get a free meal too, so since it covers dinner costs as well, I think the $20 is justified.

• I'm from the US, I promise! I'm currently in college and my college does a few of them. Specifically, the Honors program that I am a part of. There was a Valentine's Day dance (regular dance, not a ball), an Honors banquet (ate dinner, listened to a speaker and got to learn how to do more formal dances), a beach themed party and a casual dance all since February this year. I also got tickets to an annual ball my college does this next Friday and then they're doing a second ball sometime in the middle to end of April. Fun times. Those would be so much fun! I think these balls/dances are a bit more modern if that makes sense though.

Ooooh! Those kinds!

thats pretty cool! and a huge congrats to you for being in College, im too stupid lmao

but it must be alot of fun! <3

I guess we do. No problem!

:lover3::lover3::lover3:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!