I need an advice

• So I never picked up a hobby since elementary school. My Dad and his family didn’t care about me. Now recently since this year, and two years ago, I picked up a lot of hobbies. I can’t even go out and meet people because I don’t have a car and because of Covid and delta Verent. Now I’m just sitting in my apartment bored doing my hobbies and now I can’t even share it with anybody. There’s no one my age around in my neighborhood. All I see is little kids and grown ups. This stupid Math class at my college won’t let me pass. I know how to solve math problems! If I had a car, it would be easy for me to go out and meet people. I use ctran to go to the library and to my appointments. That’s it. I have two friends who take me out to lunch and go shopping. I want to do something every week like shopping and go out to lunch and do my hobbies everyday so I won’t be so bored. What should I do?

Also people I associated with through elementary, middle school, high school, and college never suggested me to pick a hobby or gave me a hobby. I’m not telling them nothing else. They should’ve helped me out instead of ignoring me. I’m not going to help them with nothing else either

I’m an Extrovert. (ESFJ)

Edited once, last by HC_05 ().

• Well if your problem is that your bored and want to do something, don't rely on others to make you feel happy, I guess if your a extrovert if might be hard, but sometimes you have to learn with times like these, it's very hard to go out and shop, meet up with friends, etc. You could always have fun by yourself, there's no shame in that, I have no friends and basically no hobbies, everyday is boredom for me, so to combat that, I spend all my time watching anime, which probably sounds boring, but to me it helps me feel less lonely and bored, all I'm saying is that sometimes It's okay to be alone and do stuff by yourself, especially with the pandemic going around, pick up hobbies that don't involve others, like reading, writing, studying, etc.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• ummm I am not sure of how much my advice would help but I will try anyways..

Okay, so yeah I get the thing about your family not paying attention to your needs and interests and honestly that sucks... But I think you are in college now.. I am not sure about how it works in your country but at my place its pretty common for college people to use public transports and other means instead of having their own cars... I guess it's not too bad if you don't think much about it..

As for going out every week for lunch and shopping sounds like a luxury in covid times, I think around 2 or maximum three times should be fine.. how do you think about going and spending some time at your friend's home rather than going out...

that way maybe you guys can study together and still enjoy as well..

As for hobbies.. I guess most people discover habits by themselves and it can be at any point in life.. i was never told by anyone to pick up or encouraged some habits as well.. when I wanted to go for professional dance training when I was around 11 my parents rejected the idea and asked me to focus on studies.. when I reached high school I met people from dance club and started from there getting training from people who did have training all the while skipping classes... I guess if you really like doing something as a hobby you wont really need the means or help from family to pursue it, if you really want it I guess it best to just get out there, meet people with same interests and try things out...

I am sorry if it comes out as rude but just complaining about it won't really help.. waiting for your parents to buy you a car, not doing well in math exams even though you can do maths or not trying to reach out to people who can help with your hobbies... its all something you would have to do on your own tbh, that's how it is for most people around me and myself. I guess you should try to open up more to your parents and people around about what all your want or want to do, if they don't help then try by yourself.. I am sure you will meet some people who would be glad to share interests as well..

• origami is pretty satisfying sometimes. Be sure to start simple though! origami is full of things that look simple that end up being way more.

if ye wanna do art, try drawing something simple, eventually when you like to draw one simple thing, I'd say draw some variants ( ex: newyears edition, halloween edition, etc) and maybe maybe possibly working it into your signature

Drawing faces, hands, feet, and 3d perfectly right off the bat is really almost impossible, so don't get discouraged right away! hold on to it and study what went wrong, and use that to improve off the next time.

• I opened this thread cuz i was intrigued by the title and wanted to help but then i saw the long post, tltr, so uh nvm. I hope someone already helped u tho lol

I SAY FUCK IT WHEN I FEEL IT CUZ NO ONE KEEP ON TALLY I DO WHAT I WANT WITH WHO I LIKE

30f443a5649093af9ae086cb57c3ead9e83c6734.gifv

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!