[enter-talk] I hope SM starts acknowledging that NCT's system has failed

• [enter-talk] I HOPE SM STARTS ACKNOWLEDGING THAT NCT'S SYSTEM HAS FAILED

Honestly the members are all charming and they're fine but the system makes it so uncomfortable to fangirl on them and it's a system that is bound the fail. They should settle the existing members in their respective groups now and let us fangirl comfortably in the upcoming term

post response:
    [+505][-36]

original post: here

1. [+214, -4]
    This system ONLY benefits the company... It's a business structure that is meant to drive revenue..

2. [+211, -7]
    Even if to the general public, this system has failed, they're still able to keep sucking money from the fandom... This in itself is a success

3. [+176, -10]
    While on one hand it's a failure, this system is good to drive revenue...

4. [+85, -2]
    Seriously it's true that they've failed... They're all so handsome, but they've been promoting for 6 years and people barely know them because their infinite expansion system is the fandom entry barrier

5. [+75 ,-56]
    They're nobodies so of course they're considered failures. Meanwhile they debuted the same time as BlackPink

6. [+52, -7]
    But honestly speaking there are no boy groups who debuted the same year as NCT who are doing better than them either

7. [+36, -1]
    I would consider NCT a success no? They're not about the general public recognition but all about growing their fandom. Right now Korean boy groups that are successful can be counted on your fingers, if NCT was really a failure than there are barely 2 or 3 boy groups wo are actually successful?

8. [+36, -2]
    I think that they're not leveraging these charming people to the fullest

9. [+32, -0]
    Seriously this system only benefits the company, because their fandom can make them a lot of money... I wouldn't say the members are straight nobodies, but they're getting hate because of the system, it's true that only the company is benefitting

10. [+30, -16]
    From SM standard, they're really failures... And this is coming from an NCTzen's perspective ㅠㅠ

• People barely know them and they're a failure, but knetz stay on their ass 24/7. :pepe-notes:

Pick a narrative.

• SM is so stupid for doing this. Look at other boy groups that hit it with the gp more than focusing on fandom, like Ikon for example. NCT could be where they are right now but instead, they sell 2m mill per album/unit and on everybody's mind 24/7 boo-fucking-hooo.

Also

"I wouldn't say the members are straight nobodies, but they're getting hate because of the system"

if these people are this stupid enough to hate because of that then no one wants their support.

lt64IYu.gif

• 6. [+52, -7]
    But honestly speaking there are no boy groups who debuted the same year as NCT who are doing better than them either

7. [+36, -1]
    I would consider NCT a success no? They're not about the general public recognition but all about growing their fandom. Right now Korean boy groups that are successful can be counted on your fingers, if NCT was really a failure than there are barely 2 or 3 boy groups wo are actually successful?

these two comments are making good points

• But nctzen don't want to listen

Nonw.od this dude Ms will have a stable career(except for ww that escape to china, good for him)

Sm have little to no interest in developing their solo career bc that won't bring money like group do so why bother, but to their fans that ok

• It took a while (5 years I think) for NCT to finally be mentioned as one of the top groups. The beauty of the system made that fact not important because the brand will keep on existing even if the members have retired. Imagine a normal group only getting successful at their 5th years and usually by that time some will have to enlist. Disaster! So I don’t think the system failed them, it saved them.

• It took a while (5 years I think) for NCT to finally be mentioned as one of the top groups. The beauty of the system made that fact not important because the brand will keep on existing even if the members have retired. Imagine a normal group only getting successful at their 5th years and usually by that time some will have to enlist. Disaster! So I don’t think the system failed them, it saved them.

it is really not that unusual. Look at Super Junior for example, they debuted in 2005 and it wasn't until 2009 that they became talked about as a top group. there was also Nu'est who debuted in 2012 and didn't really catch on until their gig in pd101 in like 2018 (? cmiiw), the same can even be said about BTS. I think it can also be said about Stray kids, they debuted in 2017 or 2018 and it wasn't until last year that they joined the race for top groups of the next generation.

in fact it is rare for boy groups to rise to the top as quickly as girl groups usually do, even those from big3 companies.

• it is really not that unusual. Look at Super Junior for example, they debuted in 2005 and it wasn't until 2009 that they became talked about as a top group. there was also Nu'est who debuted in 2012 and didn't really catch on until their gig in pd101 in like 2018 (? cmiiw), the same can even be said about BTS. I think it can also be said about Stray kids, they debuted in 2017 or 2018 and it wasn't until last year that they joined the race for top groups of the next generation.

in fact it is rare for boy groups to rise to the top as quickly as girl groups usually do, even those from big3 companies.

Fair points. I guess I was subconsciously comparing them with Blackpink who debuted the same year as them lol. But you’re right, GGs seems to rise quicker but usually fall quicker too compared to BGs.

• I think that the large size of the entire NCT ensemble as well as the modular multi-group format were the cause of NCT's rise to their current success and popularity taking even longer than usual.

The whole system is flexible and more robust, which is why SM did it in the first place, but it also takes more time to settle in and fans to get used to it than a regular, standard group. The advantage seems to be that they can add new members and flexible switch members in NCT units' comebacks without too much of a fuss. Like what happened with Super Junior when 2 additional members got added.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!