do you get bullied?

• well, sort of. i was picked on a lot in 5th grade, and then i've had a lot of people be "friends" with me just to be mean and backhanded. in my freshman year of HS, some dude kept hitting on me in a backhanded way ... yknow? like. i don't know, he kept hitting on me and saying how i was pretty, but i think it was all as a joke and sarcastic. people also laugh at me behind my back, i think??? i'm not sure. but i haven't been seriously bullied since 5th grade.

original.gif

믿 εїз ˚˚

• I used to be bullied in school for years.

Nowadays I'm not because most people I work with are respectful, but I'm someone who is an easy target for teasing and sometimes it does cross the line and I don't like it.

i'm so sorry :( i'm glad it's gotten better though!

original.gif

믿 εїз ˚˚

• when i was in primary school, quite a lot since i was pretty quiet, well learnt it the hard way not to be too nice

this makes me so sad. :[ i'm sorry people took advantage of your kindness.

original.gif

믿 εїз ˚˚

• Well people tried once, being a middle eastern kid in west around 911 wasnt easy

But the thing is, I could get mean too

So they were hurt more than me

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well people tried once, being a middle eastern kid in west around 911 wasnt easy

But the thing is, I could get mean too

So they were hurt more than me

my god. i'm so sorry. trust me, while ofc we didn't experience the same things, being a black girl has gotten me treated horribly. i do hope you've healed since then, and i hope you've learned that there is nothing wrong with who you are. :[

original.gif

믿 εїз ˚˚

• my god. i'm so sorry. trust me, while ofc we didn't experience the same things, being a black girl has gotten me treated horribly. i do hope you've healed since then, and i hope you've learned that there is nothing wrong with who you are. :[

oh yeah

I never thought there was anything wrong with me

As I said those people got hurt more than me, Im not the type of person others can mess with lmao

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• oh yeah

I never thought there was anything wrong with me

As I said those people got hurt more than me, Im not the type of person others can mess with lmao

good! i'm glad you didn't let them get under your skin :] i wish i was made of tougher stuff, but alas....i am sensitive. reading this thread has literally made me tear up LOL

original.gif

믿 εїз ˚˚

• In the past, for a whole school year pretty much for a wide variety of reasons. It was only mean words, nothing physical, but it still hurts. Now, not nearly as much, if at all, which is nice. Have a great day/night!

i am so sorry. you seem so sweet and nice, i'm sorry people hurt your feelings.

original.gif

믿 εїз ˚˚

• It was nothing extreme,but in middle school there were a couple of guys that would pick on me for having big ears.

It's funny cuz as I got older I really learned how to embrace them,and now I find my dumbo ears kinda cute :pepepizza:

• When I was in 1st grade, there was a girl who would pinch me until I bled out of the eyes of teachers and other students. She then say to me she didn't do anything so I wouldn't tell and if I did tell, she would come for my friends and family, which of course scarred me. I would come home bleeding and every time, my excuse would be "I fell." She acted like a little angel in front of teachers and friends and whenever someone came by, she would pretend like we were besties. I went to her house once, she didn't let me touch anything and she would make everything feel like was OK when her parents came near. But I couldn't hide my anxiety when I was around her.

It wasn't until a girl told my homeroom teacher what was happening that I didn't have the guts to tell anyone. The homeroom teacher told the principal, the principal got both of our parents involved. They suspended the girl for a week and they made arrangements to make it so we never had to see each other again despite being in the same school. My parents got mad at me for not telling anyone but I felt like I was in a position where it wasn't safe to do so. I honestly blame this situation for me crying too easily for most of my life. I still cry about this situation to this day. I mean, I forgive her and the girl that did it to me and I'm not sure if she remembers it because this was literally almost 10 years ago but it will never leave my memory for what she did.

In 5th grade, there were these kids in my class who were like the popular class clowns. They had all these friends and were friends with each other and then I didn't really have any friends that year. That changed the next year when I became more social but I remember being super shy and willing to sit alone. I always hated the group activities where we had to choose our partner because, with both of my best friends from elementary relocated, I felt so alone.

There was this guy I had a crush on but he was one of these popular kids. I found out later that the feeling was mutual but he would tease me more than I could handle that year. There was one girl I thought I was the closest with but there hadn't been a day I caught her talking about me behind my back. I gave her a drawing I worked so hard on and all she did was show it to her friend, made nitpicky remarks about it and crumpled it up, and threw it away when she thought I wasn't looking.

The next year, I made a new friend who wasn't bullying me but took all her anger out on me that she was feeling from her life being so difficult at home. So I dismissed it, knowing things that were going on, not thinking it was a big deal or anything. I thought I could let her take it on me but it turns out I was way too sensitive for it as she would get mad at me for the littlest of things. She would apologize for it and tell me how much she loved me and then it would seem like everything was better. But in reality, she gave me anxiety when I was with her and she didn't really feel like a friend. I know I should've been there to support her but at the same time, I didn't like the way she made me feel. One time, I completely snapped and started yelling at her, trying to start an argument, and then she got all mad and was like "what's wrong with you?" But it was because I couldn't take the way she treated me anymore. She was taken aback because I would usually just do what she said when she said it and not say a word which I have a terrible habit of not standing up for myself when I should. I found out that she was moving to another town even though there was the possibility she would go to the same school as me next year but I was so relieved like a weight was lifted off my shoulders and I felt bad about it, yes, but I could not go through that again.

I've always been an easy target and I feel like now if I was in the same situation, I would find a way to get out of it and get payback for what a new bully would do. I forgive these people, I don't hold grudges especially since I haven't seen them since and the ones I did see, they've changed and I don't talk to them. I'm so glad I found people that actually support me and that high school kids aren't as bad as I thought when it came to how they treated others. For some reason, I thought it'd be worse from the media I've seen with high school bullies.

Now, it feels scarier to get bullied since kids my age have cell phones and social media. I've seen too many movies/shows, read too many books, and heard too many stories about someone getting embarrassed or rumors being spread through text or Snapchat or something and then that person's life changing forever at school and then there's not much you can do about it except go to faculty. That's one of my worst fears when it comes to school. I mean, it's probably different because my school has over 3K students but it could still happen.

I don't think I've ever written so many words in a single post before lol

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• yep, I was one of the only poc kids in my classes in school. I've also had run ins with online bullies

i'm so so sorry to both of you. neither of you deserved any bullying or to have people hurt you physically, and i'm so sorry. i hope things are better for the both of you!

It was nothing extreme,but in middle school there were a couple of guys that would pick on me for having big ears.

It's funny cuz as I got older I really learned how to embrace them,and now I find my dumbo ears kinda cute :pepepizza:

i think dumbo is the lil elephant ever :] and big ears are cute! i'm glad you've accepted them and learned to like them<3

I wasn't bullied or anything but they talked about me behind my back and felt like an outcast.

being outcast sucks. i'm sorry :(

original.gif

믿 εїз ˚˚

• nah not really

people around me were always good

first off BAGAGAGAG ur signature? a mood.

i'm so glad a couple people in this thread were treated well, it breaks my heart to see so many people were bullied :[

original.gif

믿 εїз ˚˚

• I was bullied in middle school, but I was never bullied again after that.

i'm glad the bullying stopped, i'm so sorry you went through it! :[

original.gif

믿 εїз ˚˚

• Aww, thank you so much :lover3::iloveyoub:

you are so sweet but, please don't thank me. it's the bare minimum for someone to empathize! my words are kind, but kindness is bare minimum. :]

original.gif

믿 εїз ˚˚

• Yeah... I'm the quiet, introverted type and it has gotten me into trouble many times.

Back at school a classmate told me that she hates quiet people like me and that it makes her want to hurt me. Which she then did, daily, until we graduated five years later.

I still don't really get it.

• I experienced bullying in 5rd and 6th grade. I was a quiet, shy kid so when my family moved and I ended up transferring to a small village school, where everyone had known each other since forever, I didn't really know how to fit in. I had one friend, the other bullied girl, and I didn't actually like her. Everyone else would either ignore me or take peaks at me. They would whisper about me, both behind my back and right in front of my face (extremely uncomfortable, I had no idea how to react). I was always picked last for games and the others would always target me and try to get me eliminated first. The boys in the class above ours would yell comments at me on our way to lunch.

Lucky it only stayed that bad for about a year. Our school merged with another school and I was able to befriend some of the new kids. One girl was super nice and always made sure everyone was included and that no one was left behind. I made some close friends and as I got a stable friend group I became more secure in myself. The other people in my class laid off me and I started to get along with some of them. So by end of 5th year I was probably still considered "uncool" but I wasn't bullied or even an outcast anymore. 6th year forward I didn't have any problems. It also helped that the school was small and only went up to grade 6 so the mean upperclassmen transferred school at the end of my 5th year.

• yes, in middle school I got bullied by a guy for quite awhile, then one day he pulled me into his class and slapped me in front of his classmates.

A year later I move to another middle school, then the bullying still continued, these same students were also in my high school I got bullied my entire middle and high school. I had some friends, but those same friends still bullied me occasionally.

At work, not so much that I can remember.

I have a friend now who sometimes would bully me and start picking on me all of a sudden for no reason!! Sometimes he would really say some nasty things, which makes me consider ending my friendship with him.

• I really hope that middle school guy got suspended or expelled at least. That really sucks, I hope you don’t have to deal with them anymore. At least work sounds better than school in terms of bullying. Then again I’m not surprised, the stereotype of schools not caring a ton about bullying exists for a reason.

Do it, end the friendship, if it can even be called that because it sounds like they’re not even one to begin with. No friend I know of EVER insults or physically hurts their friend. If they do, they immediately apologize and never repeat such awful behavior to them. You deserve so much better than that. I used to think that bad friends were better than no friends, but I learned from experience that that is not true at all. Have a great day/night!

• From elementary to middle school, by different people. I was a happy kid I danced everywhere I went. The other kids thought I was weird so they laughed at me. Me and my family moved around a lot too so I only really had small groups of friends. I don't really remember a lot of it, it never got extreme is was more just picking and nothing more. It did hurt my self esteem though. I start suppressing my emotions so much I don't know how to express myself like I used to. They laughed at me for being less fortunate than them (money wise. which is stupid I was in 4th grade what was I supposed to do about that?) and they made fun or me for being happy, for being upset about it. I didn't know what to feel anymore so I just stopped feeling things. It was that way until my 2nd year of middle school where I moved to the place I am now. I met cool people and there was still occasional picking due to my emotionlessness and bluntness but it didn't bother me that much anymore. I began to be able to not be afraid to smile or express my excitement. I still talk to some of my friends (some moved so we don't talk anymore but if given the chance I'd hangout with them again 100%). I still struggle to make any facial expression besides this :| but on the inside I feel very ^^ . It sucks but I am practicing to getting better at acting like a person with emotions, can't say I'm that good yet but I'm getting there :pepe-toast: I'm just happy I was able to get out of that because things could have been very different for me :huuh:

• I really hope that middle school guy got suspended or expelled at least. That really sucks, I hope you don’t have to deal with them anymore. At least work sounds better than school in terms of bullying. Then again I’m not surprised, the stereotype of schools not caring a ton about bullying exists for a reason.

Do it, end the friendship, if it can even be called that because it sounds like they’re not even one to begin with. No friend I know of EVER insults or physically hurts their friend. If they do, they immediately apologize and never repeat such awful behavior to them. You deserve so much better than that. I used to think that bad friends were better than no friends, but I learned from experience that that is not true at all. Have a great day/night!

Unfortunately, he didn't.

I don't see these people anymore. I completely cut them off my life when school finished.

Work is better people there are more mature and are more careful to get cancelled. It's because in school people are not held accountable that's why they continue to bully and victims will continue to suffer.

I am not sure if he is a real friend or not. He has a good side when I need him he will show up, he is also funny which why I like to hangout with him, but then he says nasty things that it makes me so confused. I never confronted him about that. I might do that the next time I meet him, but right now I can't, because we both have so much work to be able to meet. I know this friend since middle school. I am 28yo now.

Thanks for you word, have a good day/night to you too.

• No, surprisingly... I was (and am) very small and kept to myself. I had one friend who was bullied in Elementary; it was very clearly white pretty girls/boys vs white awkward girl. I was one of the few Asians if that has any bearing on anything.

More students in high school and college made it even easier to fade into the background.

• Yes, I got bullied in my early teens at my first high school in the early 80's. (Remember my age please) I also got bullied by my own sister all my life and a teacher for three years just for not talking in class. . My 19 year old daughter also got bullied when she was in high school too. It can take a toll on your self esteem. Bullies suck.

• This thread contains 4 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!