I'm so glad WJSN Bona has a hit drama on her hands

• We really don't have a proper established actress among 3rd gen female idols. Maybe she'll be the one. Unless I am forgetting someone....

`.¸,°.. EUNBI ..°,¸.´

bd244e5463f542b0458f07ca2f1ac31e381fb86a.gifv b14ebbb2cafd17a83af16ce034df00d7028a5940.gifv

• We really don't have a proper established actress among 3rd gen female idols. Maybe she'll be the one. Unless I am forgetting someone....

I have been thinking this too. I had a thread in the drafts if Jisoo hit it big with Snowdrop about how she was going to lead the third gen actresses.

I think the closest we have gotten is Joy. There are a lot of 3rd gen female idols in acting, but none of them have had a big main role hit.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Most of those handful are dead, Jennie is the only 3rd gen it girl alive rn. Mijoo from lovelyz too maybe if you count her as that

Ooh yeah arin maybe too I always forget since omg really blew up 2020

But yeah Jennie is the only it girl from the 2017-2018 batch that is still thriving. It girl period is very short but I’m surprised only Jennie has been able to keep her popularity

Wonyoung is basically a mini it girl rn but her group has gotta keep putting out hits rn

Winter and Karina have potential, it will be interesting to see if sm can make 2 it girls out of one group I wonder how’s that work out.

• We also had Naeun before April's scandal. Right now, I would put Arin on a Hyeri or Hani level, which I think Bona could also hit that level as well. The really big IT-girls these days are usually reserved for Big 3. Like Suzy, Yoona, and Jennie. There was Sulli and Krystal too until things happened. Of course excluding Seolhyun with her huge it girl moment when she first blew up and IU who is on another level.

Wonyoung, I think is pretty much already an it in training girl. She is talked about relentlessly on K-communities, and they are enraptured by her beauty. All she needs is a huge CF deal or a hit show. I think she is the closest thing we have gotten to a Suzy given how young she is and how extremely popular she is even at this age.

Winter and Karina have the potential. But, if we go by how they handled Irene and Joy, it may be a few a couple more years before they start pushing them individually to really tap into that IT girl bag.

Damn naeun she was so close. I’m surprised she had as many cf she did honestly she was on the edge of becoming an it girl. Her group could have blown up too

• Winter and Karina have potential, it will be interesting to see if sm can make 2 it girls out of one group I wonder how’s that work out.

They've done it before with Yoona & Taeyeon. Both were huge during SNSD's peak & are still very relevant today.

I don't think they will hit their level of popularity but either way they're showing alot of potential.

• They've done it before with Yoona & Taeyeon. Both were huge during SNSD's peak & are still very relevant today.

Never saw taeyeon as an it girl tbh but yeah she was and is still super popular

Yoona and taeyeon had different lanes tho one cf and acting the other singing

I guess winter might take taeyeons place and karina yoonas place in this comparison

• I have been thinking this too. I had a thread in the drafts if Jisoo hit it big with Snowdrop about how she was going to lead the third gen actresses.

I think the closest we have gotten is Joy. There are a lot of 3rd gen female idols in acting, but none of them have had a big main role hit.

Snowdrop wasn't a flop but neither a hit. Just hanging in there. But it was doing better than most jtbc shows. Almost everything was flopping there? That April girl was selected for a show taxi driver or something which become a hit but was thrown out due to bullying accusations 💀

Also girls like jennie and hwasa aren't interested or haven't been pushed into acting. I never understood why SM didn't try with Irene at her peak for acting?

`.¸,°.. EUNBI ..°,¸.´

bd244e5463f542b0458f07ca2f1ac31e381fb86a.gifv b14ebbb2cafd17a83af16ce034df00d7028a5940.gifv

• Damn naeun she was so close. I’m surprised she had as many cf she did honestly she was on the edge of becoming an it girl. Her group could have blown up too

yes, Naeun was pretty close, especially since she was one of the leads in Taxi Driver which peaked around 16-17% ratings, this would likely push her for IT girl if it wasn't for the scandal and her dropping out of drama because of it

Honestly I'd say Naeun was super close as I believe it was her role in A-TEEN that made her blow up. Extraordinary You was decently big among the younger generation too(I think it was the show that made Rowoon kinda popular) & she had a couple of lead roles in dramas(including Taxi Driver which was huge) before her scandal.

I do think Bona could be the Main Idol-Actress Girl of the 3rd gen if she keeps it up.

We have Arin who is starring in a drama too, let's see how well that does.

• Snowdrop wasn't a flop but neither a hit. Just hanging in there. But it was doing better than most jtbc shows. Almost everything was flopping there? That April girl was selected for a show taxi driver or something which become a hit but was thrown out due to bullying accusations 💀

Also girls like jennie and hwasa aren't interested or haven't been pushed into acting. I never understood why SM didn't try with Irene at her peak for acting?

He did though. Irene was slowly getting more acting roles. She had one role during her peak, but it was like a web drama. And then, she had that movie right around the time her scandal hit. I think she'll go back into acting eventually. SM is probably just waiting for things to mellow out a bit more. Though Queendom did well enough, so doesn't seem like SK cared too much. But maybe that was more supporting Red Velvet as a group versus supporting Irene.

And damn...Naeun really almost had the world. :cryingr:

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Snowdrop wasn't a flop but neither a hit. Just hanging in there. But it was doing better than most jtbc shows. Almost everything was flopping there? That April girl was selected for a show taxi driver or something which become a hit but was thrown out due to bullying accusations 💀

Wasn’t joy supposed to be the actress of the group? Maybe they wanted joy to do the acting and Irene to do some cf stuff

But yeah they should have pushed Irene into something else, jennie and hwasa where pushed as soloists. Which worked for both of them, but rbw fumbled the whole damn boat with mamamoo

• Well we had Arin in 2020 but yeah :sweatr:

Yujeong was looking to be one with Rollin's success but it kinda looks like her popularity has dwindled down a bit. Some of the 3rd Gen IT Girls aren't nearly as popular as they used to be(ex: Irene...Hwasa to an extent) so yeah I think we need a new batch.

Currently I think some 4th gen girls like Wonyoung, Winter, etc are showing alot of potential. I think Bona could be one after this & Queendom too. :omgr:

Did arins popular die a bit since 2020?

Ah and yujeong… she could’ve been one but in general the company kind of fumbled the bag with bg they’ve lost a bit of hype. If their next song clicks with the gp they can get it back thankfully

Yeah def seems like there is gonna be a whole new batch of it girls soon

• He did though. Irene was slowly getting more acting roles. She had one role during her peak, but it was like a web drama. And then, she had that movie right around the time her scandal hit. I think she'll go back into acting eventually. SM is probably just waiting for things to mellow out a bit more. Though Queendom did well enough, so doesn't seem like SK cared too much. But maybe that was more supporting Red Velvet as a group versus supporting Irene.

And damn...Naeun really almost had the world. :cryingr:

SM could have tried more. But maybe she wasn't interested either.

Naeun was ready to become a household name but it all went down. I wonder if she'll ever recover even by a small margin? I don't even know what's happening with the bullying case but don't think anyone is cleared?

`.¸,°.. EUNBI ..°,¸.´

• SM could have tried more. But maybe she wasn't interested either.

Naeun was ready to become a household name but it all went down. I wonder if she'll ever recover even by a small margin? I don't even know what's happening with the bullying case but don't think anyone is cleared?

Yeah, I think they have a legal case going against the former member. At least, I know the former leader does. There was also a controversy that popped about Naeun making a comment about someone being raped or something, so a lot of netizens were attacking her for that too.

She may come back. Like that one actress Seo Yeji did, but I don't think she will ever have the same success. Just look at the actor from Hometown Cha-Cha. His name was 100% cleared, and he still took a hiatus.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!