Who is the most popular 4th generation girl group internationally?

• This is an interesting reply.

International of course means everywhere outside South Korea but in recent years it looks like kpop companies aim more for western popularity than Asian one, China because of the ban etc and now less groups even care to promote in Japan like years ago where groups had many Japanese releases and albums. Twice is focusing the most in Japan.

For 4th generation seems like the west is the main target

Only reason why Companies are trying to push more West is due to BTS blow up in past few years. I don't think any GG(not even blackpink?) is at that level in the West ( Blackpink I would say Asia is still their bigger market/fandom.) Itzy/Twice are getting pushed West due to Jyp new group debuting/Already have a Japanese group promoting in Niziu, less restrictions in Us with covid currently meaning JYP can setup concerts. You can tell Itzy is a lot more popular in the West just off this thread replies, But as far as I can tell it's alot harder to tell Globally.

Yes China banned Kpop groups from performing there, but that doesn't mean China fans can't buy albums and C-fans have massive buying power. I believe Lisa C-bar bought over 150k albums? So it's defiantly not a small market for Kpop even if it's banned. Japan is defiantly a big market for Kpop groups, not only buying power(Country population size>Korea) and accounts to someof these 4th gen Boygroups getting a ton of album sales. Dome concerts(obviously not happening due to covid recent years.) SEA countries delevoping of recent years that it's becoming a massive market for alot of Kpop groups. Overall yes Kpop is getting more known in West, but I wouldn't call it as the main focus for all 4th gen groups no matter what people say online. Asia is still the biggest market for alot of groups.

Edited 6 times, last by ApowQQ ().

• Of course itzy. Everyone who says an other group is fooling themselves.

Ive is a strong contender though but we need to see how will their future releases perform, they hit it off big and if they keep the momentum, they might become the biggest 4th gen gg internationally

• Agree with this, ig Itzy is #1 but it’s by a small amount, people like to downplay aespa popularity internationally, Itzy isn’t leading the way aespa is leading them in Korea. With other gg debuts like hybe gg, nmixx, and maybe even ygngg I think it will be more equal. There will not be a bp situation in 4th gen for the time being.

• This thread is why i worry about groups like StayC. Not a single person mentioned StayC, but i've seen multiple mentions of Ive, and even a reference to Kepler's potential.

4th gen GG war is gonna be brutal, and even a rising star like StayC could get left behind like what's happened to Everglow ;(

I don’t have much hope for stayc, they one of the gg most in risk of being overshadowed in the 4th gen race.

They will have to get constant hit in Korea, and beat out 4th gen gg like Itzy or kep1er so that int fans remember them. With the way stereotype performed even after the asap hype I’m not confident in that

• Only reason why Companies are trying to push more West is due to BTS blow up in past few years. I don't think any GG(not even blackpink?) is at that level in the West ( Blackpink I would say Asia is still their bigger market/fandom.) Itzy/Twice are getting pushed West due to Jyp new group debuting/Already have a Japanese group promoting in Niziu, less restrictions in Us with covid currently meaning JYP can setup concerts. You can tell Itzy is a lot more popular in the West just off this thread replies, But as far as I can tell it's alot harder to tell Globally.

Yes China banned Kpop groups from performing there, but that doesn't mean China fans can't buy albums and C-fans have massive buying power. I believe Lisa C-bar bought over 150k albums? So it's defiantly not a small market for Kpop even if it's banned. Japan is defiantly a big market for Kpop groups, not only buying power(Country population size>Korea) and accounts to someof these 4th gen Boygroups getting a ton of album sales. Dome concerts(obviously not happening due to covid recent years.) SEA countries delevoping of recent years that it's becoming a massive market for alot of Kpop groups. Overall yes Kpop is getting more known in West, but I wouldn't call it as the main focus for all 4th gen groups no matter what people say online. Asia is still the biggest market for alot of groups.

Yeah, bp isn’t near bts in western countries. In Asia they are more equality level but I think bts is still more popular, thanks to Japan.

Bp main market is Asia, they have the second biggest Spotify album debut there with the album in 2020. Only surpassed by Taylor this year. Idk why companies so obsessed with west when it’s hitting the jackpot in Asia that will help the group the most.

• I don’t have much hope for stayc, they one of the gg most in risk of being overshadowed in the 4th gen race.

They will have to get constant hit in Korea, and beat out 4th gen gg like Itzy or kep1er so that int fans remember them. With the way stereotype performed even after the asap hype I’m not confident in that

StayC came out of nowhere the second Izone disbanded and blew up with ASAP in April. Only to have their moment stolen by Aespa's Next Level in May.

Now Aespa themselves are in danger of getting their lunch stolen by Ive, whose single is outcharting both Dreams Come True and Step Back. Kepler lurking in the background, JYPNGG, and maybe one of Hybe's groups will also finally debut this year as well. Idle coming back.

Itzy

Idle

Aespa

Ive

Kepler

JYPNGG

HybeNGG (maybe)

That's a murderers row of competitors for StayC to overcome.

And what about even poorer groups like Loona, Rocket Punch, Fromis, Cherry Bullet, Everglow, Weki Meki, Weeekly, Purple Kiss, Lightsum, Wooah, Pixy, Bandit, Secret Number, Billlie, Cignature ;(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!