Posts by ApowQQ

You may be right too. Sometimes I think the West is the main target because kpop groups appear more on American shows and they are pushed more in the west by also releasing English songs, thing that wasn't that common years ago.

Also many kpop groups now can sell decently thanks to international fans too

Kpop companies have always tried random digs to get into US/Western market, but only bts(lesser extent blackpink) really caught on. Kpop biggest market for everything sales/concerts(pre covid) is still defiantly Asia and pretty much all KPop groups main goal. Again internationally to me means globally(Asia hello) not just West so it's defiantly less clear which group is definitely more popular unlike these posters want to believe, only thinking Western world.

This is an interesting reply.

International of course means everywhere outside South Korea but in recent years it looks like kpop companies aim more for western popularity than Asian one, China because of the ban etc and now less groups even care to promote in Japan like years ago where groups had many Japanese releases and albums. Twice is focusing the most in Japan.

For 4th generation seems like the west is the main target

Only reason why Companies are trying to push more West is due to BTS blow up in past few years. I don't think any GG(not even blackpink?) is at that level in the West ( Blackpink I would say Asia is still their bigger market/fandom.) Itzy/Twice are getting pushed West due to Jyp new group debuting/Already have a Japanese group promoting in Niziu, less restrictions in Us with covid currently meaning JYP can setup concerts. You can tell Itzy is a lot more popular in the West just off this thread replies, But as far as I can tell it's alot harder to tell Globally.

Yes China banned Kpop groups from performing there, but that doesn't mean China fans can't buy albums and C-fans have massive buying power. I believe Lisa C-bar bought over 150k albums? So it's defiantly not a small market for Kpop even if it's banned. Japan is defiantly a big market for Kpop groups, not only buying power(Country population size>Korea) and accounts to someof these 4th gen Boygroups getting a ton of album sales. Dome concerts(obviously not happening due to covid recent years.) SEA countries delevoping of recent years that it's becoming a massive market for alot of Kpop groups. Overall yes Kpop is getting more known in West, but I wouldn't call it as the main focus for all 4th gen groups no matter what people say online. Asia is still the biggest market for alot of groups.

First time posting, Everyone is saying Itzy but I wouldn't say it's clear cut internationally. Internationally = Globally no? Not just the West. In West defiantly Itzy is doing better, but Itzy also has 2 years head start and already promoted in showcases around US. Stuff people point to as clear cut proof such as Spotify is also heavily EU/America user base no? And even then I would say only Blackpink is actually big on that platform for GGs. With SM goofy ass lack of promoting, Aespa hasn't even debuted in Japan but I would say Aespa Winter already seems like the most popular non Japanese 4th gen GG member in Japan off Japanese youtube/social media etc during Savage Era, which would mean it doesn't show on Japanese charts. Sm is terrible at Us promotions so I wouldn't even count the random Parade performance or Tv show appearances with zero follow up as promotion. China with a Chinese member Aespa is defiantly bigger, Sea countries is honestly hard for me to tell for me which is more popular. Engagement on social media platforms seem mixed,Aespa seems to do better on youtube(can't tell if it's Korean streaming though) Insta Itzy posts get more likes, Twitter Aespa gets more likes. Not counting sub numbers as one is 1 year old while other is 3 years old.