Kpop stan imposter syndrome? ( serious )

• I'm going through a phase right now of that

I feel like I'm sometimes a little too casual when stanning kpop idols (especially my ults) .

I get that my life gets in the way (a lot) but I don't get as excited as before when comebacks drop or when new side content comes out from the idol or group. (something that actually shouldn't be interfered by outside things!)

Has anyone felt the same before? (do you have any ways to rekindle that excitement from the first stanning?)

Further, do you think this is natural? I see a lot of you on akp bringing your A-game in promotions and just generally hyping your favs but then I think "boy I wish I could do that -- its too much though."

I just wanted to vent haha but I thought it would be a good discussion topic so here it is! (instead of being in post your random thoughts haha)

• It's completely normal,especially if you've been actively engaged in k-pop for a long time.Things always feel more exciting when they're fresh.

I only recently got back into k-pop after about a year of straying away from it.While my interest in it did reignite I'm still not the super enthusiastic fanboy I used to be,but I think that's okay.Things change and more importantly,people change as time passes.

• tbh idg why people particularly feel like they need to be a "super fan" when it comes to kpop. you're allowed to just casually follow groups and not keep up with every last activity that doesnt rlly interest you. doesnt make you less f a fan of that artist.

who's your favorite artist?

• How long have you been into Kpop because it's the same for me. I listen to Kpop since 2011 and I was hyp for every comeback and watch really everything from my fave

But now I'm to lazy and I don't have the power for this......It's normal :|:|:|

I've been since Blackpink's debut (2016 I think?) though I've been on a couple of hiatuses

I do feel kinda disingenuous next to really hype stans though -- I guess that's normal.

• It's completely normal,especially if you've been actively engaged in k-pop for a long time.Things always feel more exciting when they're fresh.

I only recently got back into k-pop after about a year of straying away from it.While my interest in it did reignite I'm still not the super enthusiastic fanboy I used to be,but I think that's okay.Things change and more importantly,people change as time passes.

I am very casual I just buy albums of my favs, vibe with the music, and chat about it I do not get too crazy. :borahae:8) it is the best way to be

How long have you been into Kpop because it's the same for me. I listen to Kpop since 2011 and I was hyp for every comeback and watch really everything from my fave

But now I'm to lazy and I don't have the power for this......It's normal :|:|:|

its ok to have such phases where you aren't interested in some stuff

Don't overthink it

sometimes I feel like I know next to nothing about my faves. I think loving their music is enough though.

tbh idg why people particularly feel like they need to be a "super fan" when it comes to kpop. you're allowed to just casually follow groups and not keep up with every last activity that doesnt rlly interest you. doesnt make you less f a fan of that artist.

Thanks guys. this really means a lot. I'll stan at my own pace whenever I can haha.

• I go through peaks and troughs.

I was a VIP from 2011 to 2012 before Big Bang went on a long ass hiatus. Back then I had no idea about YG and their...marketing. To me, Big Bang was the same to me as any Western artist. So, I cared about them but not about KPOP in general.

2012-2014, I was a casual listener of KPOP. I checked out BAP (first concert I ever went to), heard this new group called BTS ^^, and listened to EXO. But I was not a KPOP fan, and only occasionally listened to these groups.

2015, I became an EXO-L. This was my true entry into KPOP. I was obsessed with them, and that made me check out other groups.

2016, dropped EXO for GOT7, and this is where I learned true obsession. But, I was still wading shallow. I only listened to title tracks, watched MVs, and started watching YouTube content.

2017-2019, I joined Allkpop and was super active, and the rest was history. Being on this website feeds my hobby and attention to KPOP. I start buying albums, voting, participating in fan arguments, going to concerts, and obsessively checking Twitter about my faves. I start learning about the companies, my faves and their personalities, and so on and so forth.

But any regular person with a normal life cannot maintain that level of devotion.

2020-2021, I disappear from KPOP for 6 months. Don't listen to any new releases except my faves. Don't even listen to my faves albums. Just watch the MVs. Why? Because life. I just wasn't as interested.

2022, back on this website, but still not 100% back in KPOP. Listen to my faves, and check out newer groups every once in awhile. Just recently caught up on Twice albums. Have not caught up on ITZY or GOT7.

So yeah. TLDR: Your interest will come and go in the midst of everyday life. KPOP is a fun hobby. Not a job, so like it and consume it as you see fit.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• It's completely normal especially for long time fans. I feel a bit the same way and I've been a fan for eleven years this year. You get to a point where you get a bit blase and impartial towards a comeback. The hype isn't there anymore especially if the song isn't that good. I still like the groups but don't go spaz over a comeback like I used to. It's also normal as we get older.

• Oh, my friend.

I can relate to you.

I remember being extremely excited about everything when I first got into k-pop, but since 2019 my hype has been lukewarm. It kinda hurts because we get accustomed to be in this thrilled state, but I have realized that it's pretty normal.

Remember that we live in a world based on duality, we can't stay forever in white, eventually we will go black and then go back to white. :')

Flow with it and try to not overwork yourself!

• I would say I'm very casual about the groups that are my faves I watch little content by them I mostly only super Stan my ultimate bias but also like he tends to disappear for small periods of time and I se other stans of him going a bit crazy waiting for him to show up again and we'll for me I never felt that bothered I'm still excited about everything he does u don't have to super Stan anything

• i feel like that is completely normal no need to force yourself just enjoy it at your own level. Just because someone go to extreme lengths doesnt make you less of a fan

• yeah, I feel you, I'm completely going through this long phase we're I can't even stand kpop songs, like it sounds weird, but like, I'm so burned out from kpop, and stanning, and finding new groups, that I'm tired of kpop! I'm really not a fan of anybody but stray kids and aespa and honestly I don't even feel like a fan because I don't vote, stream, buy albums, everything! I think the best thing to get over this is to take a break from kpop for a bit.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!