MOST SUCCESSFUL LORE IN KPOP?

• What is lore first time ever hearing this word in kpop. You mean like a universe?

I kinda don’t agree BU brought in many fans. That was their music. It’s the other way round. Music then everything else.

• All are great and nice but aespa made the nation sing "I am going to Kwangya"

"Navies you lead, we follow"

They kind of made groups having lores noticed more.

Agree with this, Aespa might not be the biggest group or have the biggest fandom

but they literally made their Lore go viral

and it's the first time that the General Public is hook on the Lore of a Kpop group, like everybody in korea know who's navis is now x)))

they are the first group who i think their lore had an impact on te GP

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• EXO. SM lifted it for their whole SMCU concept, after all, but the EXO lore ran strong through videos through many years.

They embraced it clearly in music videos from Mama, when they explicitly introduced it, to Overdose to Monster to Power, where they're fighting giant robots.

But tbf, all of this discussion around lore is going to be slightly biased because if you follow the group, you see the lore but if you don't, you may not know it exists. I see people on here talking about BTS' lore and I didn't even know it existed until this year because I don't follow the group.

Good point! Tbh I don’t know Exo has a lore too for a long time.. and even now all I know is they have super powers and are aliens.

And here on this thread I got to know that Ateez has a pirate lore.. a lot of groups have supernatural or superhuman lores. I guess only BTS has “real-life youth” lore. Maybe someone can correct me if there’s other groups that deal with “journey to adulthood” lore

• Good point! Tbh I don’t know Exo has a lore too for a long time.. and even now all I know is they have super powers and are aliens.

And here on this thread I got to know that Ateez has a pirate lore.. a lot of groups have supernatural or superhuman lores. I guess only BTS has “real-life youth” lore. Maybe someone can correct me if there’s other groups that deal with “journey to adulthood” lore

EXO does this. But in a more subtle way. You have to read between the lines for this to understand. Easiest way to notice this is the transitions between their albums in terms of lyrics, sound etc..

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• EXO. SM lifted it for their whole SMCU concept, after all, but the EXO lore ran strong through videos through many years.

They embraced it clearly in music videos from Mama, when they explicitly introduced it, to Overdose to Monster to Power, where they're fighting giant robots.

I used to think Love Me Right wasn't a connected MV and then I saw a parallel universe theory and it all became clear.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• EXO does this. But in a more subtle way. You have to read between the lines for this to understand. Easiest way to notice this is the transitions between their albums in terms of lyrics, sound etc..

I see.. that’s interesting. You know, it would be great if someone from each fandom with lore make a thread about respective groups’ lore. Then others can go into the thread and explore. I always like lores but usually to lazy to follow in detail..

ps- don’t ask me to do one for BTS because again I’m a lazy ass. And you guys can kinda get the picture of you read the WEBTOON Save Me

• Since we are talking about the MOST SUCCESSFUL Lore, not the first or the best, I would say Bangtan Universe. Especially since it branched out from the Music Videos and into different platforms such as the books, the Games and the Webtoon. It stretches from the School Trilogy to the Map of the Soul Series. They even include it in their VCR in award shows and concerts.

I remember twitter after "Save Me" started. There were Trends like Yoongi dead, Taehyung murderer or Namjoon Jail the first and second week. It was so crazy and I was anticipating each chapter.

I really hope they continue the Webtoon, I just wanna see YoonKook Happy ending.

• I see.. that’s interesting. You know, it would be great if someone from each fandom with lore make a thread about respective groups’ lore. Then others can go into the thread and explore. I always like lores but usually to lazy to follow in detail..

ps- don’t ask me to do one for BTS because again I’m a lazy ass. And you guys can kinda get the picture of you read the WEBTOON Save Me

Good but exhausting idea.

I have read their lore. Good stuff.

I love Pikachu.

"Pika-Pi"

• Obviously not the most successful but the one that impressed me the most is DPR Ian's because he managed to create a story and creature without the backing of a massive company and he still made it seem like a movie

Mito is one of the best music projects I've seen because not only is the music for it good but the visuals are on another level

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This was all from one album, your faves could never :siptear:

Was this just me promoting my faves? Depends

Did it work :pepe-flirt:

🍭 iite cool🍭

dpr layouts Tumblr posts - Tumbip.com

• Glad you mentioned the King! :lover1:

• Good point! Tbh I don’t know Exo has a lore too for a long time.. and even now all I know is they have super powers and are aliens.

Doesn't BTS's lore involve time travel though?

• Doesn't BTS's lore involve time travel though?

Yeah that’s one supernatural element there. Kinda forgot because their stories are more about friendship, growing up, death, abuse and crime.. and the time travel was something to undo those events.. and we don’t know about time travel until the WEBTOON in 2019.. we did guessed but it wasn’t really confirmed before that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!