What's the point of charting if you can't even sell albums?

• Official Post

Do people even make alot with charting money...

Now obviously if you can chart AND sell good, then that's usually the sign of someone who's in a good position. But it's weird to see people diminishing physical sales in favor of charting....how are you going to live off charting when album sales make much more money....

Yes, charting means more GP recognition and means CFs, variety shows, etc, but the GP can drop you in an instant.

It's just better to have both charting and album sales so you won't be reliant on one or the other

• Album sales don't bring all that much of money. But it indicates how big your fanbase is and tours can be.

Digitals can put u in spotlight. Just look at oh my girl. All of them have started doing some or the other gig in SK. Hit songs gave them that opportunity.

Both r required to be at the top.

★¸.•☆•.¸★ 𝐉𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐎 ★⡀.•☆•.★

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv 38f275b68632fbb8a30ab7a0fce5512059a80556.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv61eb8841d60cd80c1298efc34ab05d6279af9b9a.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv4d43f06e62bc91bae199a1e0752740ea19fda0f9.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Between a group with good album sales but who doesn't chart at all and is irrelevant in SK
    and a group that has low album sales but extremely good charting and digital performance and is known and relevant in SK
    Which one do you think will get more CFs deals, Brand endorsements, Acting gigs, Sponsors, and such in SK?
    IU has low albums sales but i believe she is making more money than some groups with good album sales? Especially when you consider that they have to split the money between the company and the group and then split the money between the members
    But idk you might be right

• I guess by "charting" you mean doing well in streaming. I would say "charting" is a sign that your songs are popular hits, and that mean they probably will played a lot for many years and continue to bring in money. Groups like Girls' Generation, 2NE1 and T-ara have songs that will bring in money from streaming and more far after the groups are gone. Of cource it will go down a lot for each year after a song have been released, but at least it brings in some money. It's a kind of "passive" income, it will bring in money without you need to do anything.

But It's still important to have a strong core fanbase, it's hard to earn any money without if you don't have some kind of virual hit or constanly produce hits popular among the general public.

• Because charting indicates public popularity and public popularity brings in CFs and Advertisements. They’re very lucrative and are more important than album sales (regardless of how much albums you sell, groups are not seeing all that money, they’re splitting it with company and production on top of that with each other and writers and producers). CFs are likely only a step below concerts in terms of generating revenue.

• Official Post

Because charting indicates public popularity and public popularity brings in CFs and Advertisements. They’re very lucrative and are more important than album sales (regardless of how much albums you sell, groups are not seeing all that money, they’re splitting it with company and production on top of that with each other and writers and producers). CFs are likely only a step below concerts in terms of generating revenue.

But you're not getting the point, all of that could disappear if the GP finds someone else to hype up.

My point is a loyal and strong fanbase is much more important than the GP

• Well if you participate in the songwriting or production of a song you'll make more money from royalties, but if you don't have good digitals in the first place it might not be a big difference.

• And when people discover you don't need to chart to get CFs or acting stuff once you have a big enough and loyal fandom because you have amazing selling power >>>>

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

• And when people discover you don't need to chart to get CFs or acting stuff once you have a big enough and loyal fandom because you have amazing selling power >>>>

Exactly. Monsta X barely charts in SK but Shownu had a pictorial featuring a Moschino perfume and it sold out right after that. So he earned a contract with Moschino as their perfume's muse.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!