What are things people say about idols that you think cross the line?

• I think the minute you wish death on anyone, insult their nationality/ethnicity/race, show up to a fansign to be excessively rude to the idol in question, make fun of their personality/interests/hobbies or something of that severity and nature, you're off the deep end and there's no hope for you. I might be missing a ton, but those were the ones I thought of first. I think criticism is fine if you are pointing out how an idol could do better in an area (leading, singing, rapping, dancing, producing, fanservice and so on) and you know what you're taking about. If you have no knowledge of what you're critiquing them on, then don't do it. I'd say critique is to help the idols improve, bashing lies is done to hurt the idols' and/or fans feelings and helps no one. Bashing would also be undermining the skills an idol has when it can be proven that they're actually good in that area. I hope that answers your question. Have a great day/night!

• i wish kpop stans would stop making fun of all the vulnerable stuff bts have shared over the years

so something like that

Yes, I hate that too. I think one time Felix was finally feeling more comfortable with Stays on Bubble, so he opened up on there about how he had dieted a bit in the past and those Stays got all angry and twisted his words and made it seem like he was encouraging people to diet or something like that. No to mention how some people still use the 42 lyrics against Chan. I really wish "fans" wouldn't be so messed up like this. That's just sickening.

• I hate this thing about kpop where knetz just say

"go back to your country we don't need an [insert ethnicity here]" as a criticism to nonnative idols that kinda messed up a cultural korean thing.

The elitism this reeks of. I don't believe anyone is inherently a good or bad person based on where they are from. There are good and bad people everywhere in the world. That is such a closed-minded way to think.

• If they get personal in their criticism and if has no factual base.

Also criticism contains something good and bad and not just bad with no useful input.

Agreed. Okay, we get it, idol x is bad at y. In what areas more specifically? How can they improve? How much would it benefit their group if they actually learned to do it well (for example, if an idol earns how to rap better, but their group never raps at all, perhaps it would have been better to focus more on dancing or singing practice instead, unless they're learning to rap just for fun, which would be a different story for me)?

• Agreed. Okay, we get it, idol x is bad at y. In what areas more specifically? How can they improve? How much would it benefit their group if they actually learned to do it well (for example, if an idol earns how to rap better, but their group never raps at all, perhaps it would have been better to focus more on dancing or singing practice instead, unless they're learning to rap just for fun, which would be a different story for me)?

Exactly… be more precise and also very often, like you mentioned, it’s not even necessary. Do I really have to criticize the rapping if the Group is not rap focused? Do I have to criticize the singing/dancing if that idol isn’t even main vocal/dancer?

• From antis it's when they use the members mental health conditions or when they constantly use plastic face or something like that constantly as a way to drag idols.

From fans it's usually psychoanalysing them to either constantly victimize them or talk about their heath mental or physical like they know them. Some of it comes from a place of worry because of investment in the idols themselves but a lot of it i find to be crossing the line.

• well it always depends ...context is important...

everybody's line is different...

what's one person's line might be different to another persons...

ie. I have no qualms with people calling me short or variations thereof (I call myself an oompa loompa) since I am short and I own it...but obviously that's a line to other people...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!