About idols apologizing for problematic things they did...

• ... when would be a good time for fans to "let it go" or "move on" from these things? :ak_sana_confused:

I'm just curious about how idols messed up really badly in the past, and yet they're still getting flack for it a decade later after they've apologized and learned from their dumb mistakes. But then, since they still get hate for it, what do fans even want these idols to do about it 10 years later? Apologize again? But then I've seen some fans say just because they did it, they should still be hated for it, even if they apologized for it. So should they have not apologized for their wrongful actions knowing people will never let go of it and continue to drag them for it decades later? It's more of a damned if you do and damned if you don't, situation. :ak_gyurismh:

What do you guys think about it? What would you do if you were in their shoes? How would you feel if someone kept crucifying you for something immature, ignorant and dumb you did in the past, even if you've apologized for it and made up for your bad decisions? Would you give yourself a chance to change for good or continue to live up to the accusations that people place on you? :ak_remi_it:

And as always,

Discuss

:ak_hyunjinnod:

• "But then, since they still get hate for it, what do fans even want these idols to do about it 10 years later? Apologize again? "

They're not fans, just haters. And I believe a fan can turn into a hater, so if they're still mad at something their idol did years ago (I'm mostly referring to "forgivable" stuff, not racism, se**al assault, or anything of the sort), they're are haters.

• Everyone probably did something dumb when they were young.

And I'm like so what idols need to be like "hi it's been one day since my debut so here is a list of problematic things I have done when I was young so that I can apologise for all these mistakes before you catch or expose me in future I dont expect anyone to accept my apology but I will take time to repent"

Because if anything happens in future people will just be like "he/she apologised because he/she got caught, if they were sorry they should have apologised from the start right?"

So lesson for the day, tldr is ...... deng deng deng

Apologise for every stupid thing right after you debut so as to self cancel yourself and destroy your career before it even start and then proceed to leave the group and retire from the entertainment industry GGEZ because you never know if in future you might get cancelled for stealing a pen from a classmate

• People are like "wE aLl mAkE mIstAkEs" but there's a certain point where the action done isn't just "a mistake", and should be at least common knowledge not to do. Any apology will NOT erase whatever the said idol has done.

And anyway, if they apologize then whatever. People are allowed to not accept their apology and you shouldn't harass those who don't and vice versa. They should show that they've changed through their actions and try to avoid doing it again.

And if there are people still dragging it on after several apologies then they're simply antis.

𝕋𝕙𝕖 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕠𝕤 𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣: 𝔽𝕣𝕖𝕖𝕫𝕖 𝕆𝕌𝕋 ℕ𝕆𝕎

79f29fe50ea3af712cd5063404a23de85fa04856.gifv

• There's some things that can't really be resolved by just an apology.

And I don't think bullying is a mistake you may have done because you are young. You have to be a shitty person to bully someone. Bullying is not a thing that happened once, but repetedly, if something is done repetedly you can't call that a mistake anymore. Being young doesn't excuse everything.

• I like to believe that people can change and trying to be a better person after making mistakes. It doesn't matter If it's people I like or others. I'm not a moral judge to determinate who is being genuine and who doesn't. It's on their own and how they will behave in the future that will show that.

All we can do is giving at least an opportunity, because It was important for me to grow when it was given to me after I was problematic in the past.

• There's some things that can't really be resolved by just an apology.

And I don't think bullying is a mistake you may have done because you are young. You have to be a shitty person to bully someone. Bullying is not a thing that happened once, but repetedly, if something is done repetedly you can't call that a mistake anymore. Being young doesn't excuse everything.

Ok what if said idol apologized for a 1-time thing, and it was really bad. Say it was 8 years ago, and they've already made up for their mistakes and improved themselves for the better. Would you be willing to let something like this go?

• How would you feel if someone kept crucifying you for something immature, ignorant and dumb you did in the past,

Well some users did it here with me, always mentioned what I did in OH ( can’t even remember 80% of it)

What I think ? “ Thank you for letting me live rent free in your head” :D

No for real, I don’t get how some people can be so obsessed with what others did in the past, especially if that someone doesn’t know they even exist or care about them. You are only stressing yourself out for no reason lol. Let it go :blowing-kiss:

• What's the point in apologizing if people are not ready to accept the apology? There's none. It's rigged from the start. If anything, it shows people are hypocrites.

In number theory, a perfect number is a positive integer that is equal to the sum of its positive divisors, excluding the number itself. For instance, 6 has divisors 1, 2 and 3 (excluding itself), and 1 + 2 + 3 = 6, so 6 is a perfect number.

• Ok what if said idol apologized for a 1-time thing, and it was really bad. Say it was 8 years ago, and they've already made up for their mistakes and improved themselves for the better. Would you be willing to let something like this go?

It depend of what is the one time thing. I'm fine as long as there's no victims.

And if there's a victim of this one time thing, if the victim accept the apology then I'm no one to judge. But if the victim doesn't accept the apology then again it depend of what was the "mistake".

• It really depends on the 'subject matter' and how remorseful the idol is.

Take Onew's case for example, that is something that definitely should be let go for the facts and things surrounding it.

If it's something like racism or bullying your other idol members, yeah that I'm not so sure about.

Hmm interesting take. I agree it depends case by case.

• My issue with kpop fans specifically refusing to acknowledge that people can apologize and learn from their mistakes is that the ones who damn idols they hate for being problematic, are the same ones who turn around and do shit just as bad to people they hate.

I know this stemmed from the Super Junior thread so let me use Shindong as an example. He's repeatedly cancelled for fatshaming yet has been fatshamed on a much farther level than he ever did. And it's not "justified" by giving him a "taste of his own medicine" because that's not how it works. You can't be mad that someone took the low road then follow down it right after them. That's hypocrisy.

The amount of bullying idols and each other that exists within the kpop stan community, coupled with their hypocrisy over issues like this and accepting apologies is very telling. I feel like if they were exposed for telling someone to kill themselves because they like X group that they wouldn't be so down on the "fuck up once, cancelled forever" train.

Also since we don't actually know any of these idols at all in reality, you can't judge who is sincere about their apology and who isn't. Just because they don't do it in public or get caught, doesn't mean they may not still believe it so arguing about "my idol meant it and yours didn't" doesn't really accomplish shit in the long run. It's just trying to justify your own hypocrisy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!