[Pann] The reason it doesn’t make sense when people say ‘Aren’t idols too young?’

06 liner Sohee doing ‘omona’

02 liner main vocal Taeyeon singing ‘If’

06 liner Taemin telling you ‘noona is so pretty’

07 liner Kang Jiyoung as Kara’s maknae

04 liner Jung Jinwoon saying all he’s got is ‘This Song’

05 liner Sunmi telling you she’s really pretty

03 liner Yoona who united all mothers in her role as Saebyeok

04 liner IU tearing up the 3 level high note

03 liner CL with sick charisma

00 liner Ok Taecyeon who stole noonas’ heart with his abs

Everyone debuted young back then too

I was young back then too so I didn’t realise, but looking at them now, they’re such babies

I’m the one who’s gotten old….

Screenshot 2022-01-16 at 09.58.58

Original Post

1. [+233][-13] Add in 02 liner GD who made ‘Lies’ ㅋㅋ

2. [+180][-3] I thought they were young then and I think they’re young now

3. [+174][-0] Honestly, because I was young then too, I never felt that those idols were young

4. [+61][-0] These are based on their ages in 2021 so you have to drop a year for all of them. 07 liner Kang Jiyoung -> 08 liner Kang Jiyoung

5. [+42][-0] Right, they’re too young. They were too young to debut then and it’d be right to raise the ages of idols. At the very least, shouldn’t they be made to finish their compulsory education and then debut? If they debut too early, there’s too much they’ll have to deal with. Though you shouldn’t worry about celebrities, just the fact that they debut at such a young age is ㅠㅠ

6. [+41][-0] Then or now, idols have always been young.. Only in the past, they had to show professional performances despite their age, but now age is being used as a kind of selling point, so the standards are lower. The awards ceremony performances felt too much like school arts festivals

7. [+38][-0] When Kang Jiyoung was promoting, people did ask whether she was too young – what are you on about? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Source

• shouldn't it be 92, 95, 96 liner not 02, 05, 05 liner

Something must be wrong if Taeyeon was born in 2002

They meant if those events were happening now that would be the age of those idols

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This whole post comes as extremely tone deaf specially given the recent Taemin news

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Some of the people that debut at 14-15 have talk about how it affected them debuting so young, how they could live as normal kids, how it develop in mental health problems and how they never got to make friends their same age

It's just not healthy, sunmi talk about her mental health problem recently and all knetz did was said how she is rich so it doesn't matter.

• yeah and look how much these idols struggle (or struggled ) with mental health issues

Taemin, Sulli, IU, Sunmi, Taeyeon and many more

If people manage to get out of their heads that 30 y/o idols are old, maybe they wouldn't have to debut them so young

I agree with the comment saying they should at least finish their compulsory education before debuting

• I truly don't understand why some ppl think it's okay for idols to debut so young. they should be able to have a normal childhood, not being watched and judged by strangers on the internet.

🤍

They were too young to debut then and it’d be right to raise the ages of idols. At the very least, shouldn’t they be made to finish their compulsory education and then debut? If they debut too early, there’s too much they’ll have to deal with. Though you shouldn’t worry about celebrities, just the fact that they debut at such a young age is ㅠㅠ

Glad someone gets it

• So because it happened in the past it should continue happening... that totally makes sense.

• I understand that especially for girl groups, you have a relatively short career as an idol (even though imo things are slowly changing because people who are interested in kpop aren't only young teens, compared to the past now definitely more adults are listening to kpop) but child/young teens should be protected and study...training is really hard already but being judged by strangers at such a young age is probably extremely difficult especially if you don't have the right support...imo idols should be at least 16/17 to debut and even that is really, really young. (Honestly I'm glad that BP debuted when all of them were over 18)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!