3 times SUGA censored himself in his lyrics

• 1. "I even quit ----- that I used to like a lot, just for you" - OUTRO: HER

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

FULL VERSE

Maybe I’m your truth and lie

Maybe your love and hatred

Maybe I’m your enemy and friend,

your heaven and hell, sometimes pride and embarrassment

I can never take off the mask

because behind the mask I’m not that guy you know

Today, too, make up to wake up

and dress up to mask on

to become myself that you love

To become that guy that you love

I even quit XX that I used to like a lot

Just for you

I put on clothes that I hate and make-up that is excessive

Your smile and happiness are what determine my happiness

Does someone like me deserve to be loved by you?

I always try to be the best for you

I hope you don’t know this side of me

2. "With drowsy eyes, you asked me if I wanted to try ... I got infuriated and cursed at you" - DEAR MY FRIEND

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

PART OF HIS VERSE

The trip to Seoul Detention Center that I went every week

A long, three-hour-long round trip, I went on by myself

Your trial day, your release day

I remember vividly the white tofu on a winter day with a lot of snow falling

And, when I saw first time in a while, you had become a completely different person

With drowsy eyes, you asked if I wanted to try *

I got infuriated and cursed at you

There was no way to bring you, who was my only friend, back, and you became a monster

There’s no you that I used to know, there’s no me who used to know you

I know that it’s not just because of the time that we’ve changed

There’s no me that you used to know, there’s no you who I used to know

It’s not because of the time that we’ve changed, it’s all so transient

3. "The doctor asked 'have you ever ...?'" - THE LAST

PART OF HIS VERSE

On my first visit to a psychiatrist, my parents came to Seoul and had a consultation with me

My parents said they didn’t know me well

I don’t know myself well either. Then who would know? (Who knows?)

Friend? If not, you? Nobody knows me well

The doctor asked me (Have you ever -beep-)

Without hesitation, I answered that I have

credits to doolset

[new signature coming soon but in the meantime, read the facts below]

• fortuna

Changed the title of the thread from “3 times SUGA censored his words in his lyrics” to “3 times SUGA censored himself in his lyrics”.
  • I like this about him. He loves music and he is using it to take out all the frustrations. Because that's what musicians do. I also like that he feels we are important enough to let this be known to us. It is not that easy to share these intricate details which are kinda like painful memories. You sometimes don't even do that with your loved ones. But he is sharing these with us, fans. That's another thing I admire about him. And I'm thankful that he feels we are important enough to share them with us :borahae:

• one more example when he censored himself

External Content twitter.com

and ofc

bonus

:-)

• Namjoon is the brain and Yoongi is the heart

Namjoon words make me think and Yoongi words make me feel.

I really like how Yoongi is honest about not being honest. I always felt he’s a very sincere, no nonsense and self-aware person. He seem to be the type to prefer ugly truth than pretty lies.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!