Pieces (IU) ended the notion that IU will bring any song and make a hit

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I did not write about this last week but I am doing so today. I don't know why I didn't.

This is an iconic moment where a 4th gen act taught a lesson to Kpop's Senior Singer.

It would have been better if Huening Bahiyyih and Shen Xiaoting did not pay a filial duty to the Senior Singer 3 days ago

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Additional Filial Duty by Bahiyyih

External Content www.youtube.com

===

There was a notion that even if IU released something where she hummed the whole song, or had a song only containing coughs, and sighs, she would still waltz to #1 in Melon.

However, Be'O and the SMTM crew taught the Senior Singer that she cannot just release anything and expect to reach #1 in Melon every time.

I have to say that Winter Sleep was a very depressing song, not really suited to this kind of environment.

And that was the best she could have released from her inventory of unreleased songs.

This round ended the notion that IU could release anything and get away with it. It is a significant triumph for Kep1er and the 4th Generation, and a huge blow to the pride of the Senior Singer who thought she could get away with anything.

• Holy cow, i totally forgot about this when i ranted about how 4th gen GGs are becoming the next digimons of Korea.

Izone's daughters just beat IU head to head on KBS primetime TV 8|8| . Look at the girls they were shocked beyond belief.

IU couldnt have been happy about this, this is CJ's newest treasure that just embarrassed her. And we all know there is a Cold War going on between CJ and Kakao.

• BlackpinkHouse and WhyKnock are an entire mental asylum by themselves.

Yet another Laboum tteokbokki type win.

Over what Kreatin correctly calls an album of 10 Years worth of B-side rejects - 4/5 previously known songs from her own concerts and social media content.

Yet that's the measure you want to compare as IU's benchmark, that too in an year where she digitally beat everyone?

But it is fun to read your clowning ..

Iz*one's daughters defeat the Great grandma of K-pop.. woohoo

Edited 3 times, last by bbgc ().

• i have a question

just hypothetical

if you need a lot of digital tuning and STILL sound flat in a studio cover, should you be paid to be a professional singer

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• However, Be'O and the SMTM crew taught the Senior Singer that she cannot just release anything and expect to reach #1 in Melon every time.

Well to be fair Winter Sleep did manage to reach no.1 in melon real chart, top 100 and daily along with a no.1 for Gaon weekly.

I'm more surprised with how Drama is doing. It's charting very well for a b-side, even for IU. It's doing better than Ah puh, the most successful b-side in Lilac. It could become the second "Meaning of you".

• The real winner is "Drama", no idea how/why that song is charting so well when (I say this as an IU fan) it sounds like a kids song, only 2min long, and was purposely left out of every other IU album for the past 10 years.

I understand why IU only released this mini digitally (it's essentially song leftovers so she start her 30s without musical baggage) but it would've been nice for fans to do a limited physical release or offer the album on vinyl.

• I understand why IU only released this mini digitally (it's essentially song leftovers so she start her 30s without musical baggage) but it would've been nice for fans to do a limited physical release or offer the album on vinyl.

There is a documentary that includes a CD of her album that is on sale right now. Check it out if you're interested.

made EDAM
    EDAM official Online MD Store
    www.madeedam.com

• leftovers

Leftovers is a good word for it.

IU's leftovers has been defeated by the debut of highly anticipated 4th Gen Izone Alum group, is what the 2 jokers are proclaiming.

I do not know whether it is an insult to IU or to Ive, but it is sure is an insult to intelligence.

• "Drama", no idea how/why that song is charting so well when (I say this as an IU fan) it sounds like a kids song, only 2min

Drama has always been popular with the fans, often asked for in concert request.

The "childish" aspect of it, might actually be its attraction, it is nostalgia value of the old IU of the teens, the cheerful tune hides the twist where the meaning gets sobre in the second half, etc.

Though my favorite is the "Next Station"

• The real winner is "Drama", no idea how/why that song is charting so well when (I say this as an IU fan) it sounds like a kids song, only 2min long, and was purposely left out of every other IU album for the past 10 years.

I understand why IU only released this mini digitally (it's essentially song leftovers so she start her 30s without musical baggage) but it would've been nice for fans to do a limited physical release or offer the album on vinyl.

everyday i dream

• These weekly or daily wins don’t even matter these days if you don’t have longevity…. Like cool you won this week, but then you’re a flop for the rest of the year and then forgotten 2-3 years down the line like most idols are. Plus those points were so low in general last week….

But yeah congrats. IU will remain the most successful soloist of the decade.

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• Wait a second, don't you think that Huening Bahiyyih, the Junior Singer, paying the filial duty sent the message to uaenas that IU and HYBE are forming an alliance?

That must be it. I don't know what Shen Xiaoting, Junior Singer #2, symbolizes here though.

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

Edited once, last by Jasque-O-Part2 ().

• Well to be fair Winter Sleep did manage to reach no.1 in melon real chart, top 100 and daily along with a no.1 for Gaon weekly.

I'm more surprised with how Drama is doing. It's charting very well for a b-side, even for IU. It's doing better than Ah puh, the most successful b-side in Lilac. It could become the second "Meaning of you".

That song was written a long time ago and it reminds Lee Jieun's 'Nation's Little Sister'days, so is beloved by her older fans

I personally preferred the versions recorded earlier than the current one because she tries to play it too hard according to her status

• Leftovers is a good word for it.

IU's leftovers has been defeated by the debut of highly anticipated 4th Gen Izone Alum group, is what the 2 jokers are proclaiming.

I do not know whether it is an insult to IU or to Ive, but it is sure is an insult to intelligence.

I mentioned Kep1er, not Ive which had been already defeated by the Senior Singer late last year

• I mentioned Kep1er, not Ive which had been already defeated by the Senior Singer late last year

Ok..

Not that it matters. Ive or Kep1er.

IU will be defeated at some point, on a commercial promoted new release, that happens to everyone eventually.

But this one is not it.

And as pointed out Winter Sleep did make the top of the charts. And Drama is doing well.

So when you are championing the 4th gen, it is facile to use Pieces, an album of reheated leftovers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!