Free zia edited out of tv appearances

• Knowing brothers, Omnicient view and The manager. Can’t name source here.

Even if you don’t like her (I don’t) it’s really harsh cancelling her like that.

Yes she unboxed fake items and said they were real.

Yes it is illegal in Korea.

Yes to a lot of people she comes of as fake.

But still? Don’t you think she is receiving too much hate for what she did?

I think discussing social media appearances is one thing but totally cancelling her?

Edit: Go read the thread in the kdrama section from a Korean fan of Jias.

Edited once, last by Millano ().

• Yeah i know but seriously people are making this issue as if she committed a crime which is too much

I agree.

It’s bad. We talked about it. Move on.

I think those tv stations are too quick - they hurry up on getting her on the show and they hurry up editing her out. Like chill.

• She is a woman, obviously she will be cancelled over a non cancel issue. That's how it is...

On a serious note: i think what she did was sooooo dumb and unnecessary, she literally lied about her whole life with this fake image so i do side eye her, but not worth to end her career.. but still a sensitive situation where 99% of her luxury items were fake....

• She is a woman, obviously she will be cancelled over a non cancel issue. That's how it is...

On a serious note: i think what she did was sooooo dumb and unnecessary, she literally lied about her whole life with this fake image so i do side eye her, but not worth to end her career.. but still a sensitive situation where 99% of her luxury items were fake....

If she lied about her whole life and her life is fake, then was that ever a life that she ever existed?

:pepe-use-head::pepe-use-head:  :pepe-notes::pepe-notes:

• dude that literally WAS her career

most of her fanbase followed her cause she was rich and made videos about rich things and putting on a stereotypical young and rich persona

if a scientist faked his science knowledge and got exposed why would anyone want them anymore

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• I've always said that I fully support the cancel culture in that one is free to cancel but also defend whoever one wants to...

every person is within their rights to cancel an idol or celebrity or whoever for whatever reason they want but they can just as well defend such person as well...

it would also follow that tv shows/varieties etc also have the power to edit her or not invite her to such shows as it's their right as well

• Her career is done anyway so doesn't really matter because her entire image was built on the back of fakes. Her reputation is completely tainted now. I don't see any brands wanting to work with her.

I know it seems dramatic but the reactions were also extreme when mukbang channels weren't notifying that the videos were promotions. Guess Koreans take being lied to very seriously.

• I've always said that I fully support the cancel culture in that one is free to cancel but also defend whoever one wants to...

every person is within their rights to cancel an idol or celebrity or whoever for whatever reason they want but they can just as well defend such person as well...

it would also follow that tv shows/varieties etc also have the power to edit her or not invite her to such shows as it's their right as well

Of course it is. Doesn’t make it right though.

• Of course it is. Doesn’t make it right though.

but my friend what is right or wrong?

if you think it's wrong but I think it's right? what then?

what if the tv shows and variety shows all think it's wrong? what if the majority of the public think it's right but a select few minority with the loudest complaining voices think it's wrong?

or vice versa?

• For us it looks harsh and I also feel sorry for her, but her career was built on faking a specific lifestyle, that was her platform. So now that she admitted that it was all fake, I can understand why people take their offers back.

That’s the vulnerable part of being an influencer, your whole career depends on your image and if you fake it people will be dropping you like a hot potato. Look at how many other influencers and Youtubers lost their career because it turned out they were lying to their viewers. If she was an Idol or Actress I would say that this scandal is blowing out of proportion, it’s exaggerated, but the rich kid persona was her career and it was a lie, so this is the consequence of it.

• Then shit happens and we move on

:peperun:

• i dont think she deserves to get cancelled for it, people are saying that she built her career on it but she's never explicitly said that shes a "golden spoon" or that she's rich.

if anything the audacity to wear a fake dior bag during a dior sponsored post deserves some respect :pepe-tea:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• exactly. People making this out to be a gender issue when it’s not….

She basically catfished everybody with her fake rich persona. Take that away and what other qualities does she have exactly that warrants attention and fame? Not like she’s a famous singer with an extensive musical library that can cancel out her fakeness….

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

4ca3c94a140c38326868f624c2d5d1b062af8138.gifv

• exactly. People making this out to be a gender issue when it’s not….

She basically catfished everybody with her fake rich persona. Take that away and what other qualities does she have exactly that warrants attention and fame? Not like she’s a famous singer with an extensive musical library that can cancel out her fakeness….

yep

kpop fans applying their kpop faves logich ere

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• then people saying what she did is illegal in korea then in the same thread say she hasn’t commited a crime so cancelling her is wrong…. so which one is it? lol.

well its like weed or piracy

even if its illegal in some places its not really that immoral

the lying and influencing thousands of kids part the wrong way is the real immoral part here

u r m o m g a y

• well its like weed or piracy

even if its illegal in some places its not really that immoral

the lying and influencing thousands of kids part the wrong way is the real immoral part here

well the thing is what she did is both illegal and immoral lol. so i don’t get why she’s suppose to get a pass…. and people expect the korean public who are already very conservative to just brush it off? :pepe-notes:

Vachirawit “Bright” Chivaaree can get it every day all day all week every month all year for a lifetime.

• It's what it is

Remember your actions will have equivalent reactions

How are people not seeing a problem with what she did?

based on the responses on this thread, it’s cause she’s female and only reason why she’s being cancelled apparently is because she’s a female lololol.

even though there hasn’t been any male korean celeb who has been given a pass for mass faking a whole rich persona if i recall.

• hope she invested the money she earned carefully

Since she's bought fakes at least she should have more money on hand hehe

Looks like her careers gonna be in the dumps unless she pulls some sort of transformation.

• based on the responses on this thread, it’s cause she’s female and only reason why she’s being cancelled apparently is because she’s a female lololol.

even though there hasn’t been any male korean celeb who has been given a pass for mass faking a whole rich persona if i recall.

Tho female card can't be applied over here at all. She faked her way thru her job. She wears fakes and makes it seem like they are real. Guess till it's a good looking girl lying to them it's OKAY. She made money by lying to her fans. The fact that she had to delete so many post and videos. If she wasn't caught she would still continue with this. Some ifans always have to oppose everything korean are against.

°˚°. ʝɛռռɨɛ .°˚°

e1529f760ae65babe0169164fa89ce9724f7a8da.gifv 90094dc8040347facc226a9472ad1b443f2c17bd.gifv

• based on the responses on this thread, it’s cause she’s female and only reason why she’s being cancelled apparently is because she’s a female lololol.

Quote me if you are so bothered by my answer, clown.

I said that this isn't worth being cancelled and she is receiving this huge backlash bc she is indeed women. If you don't agree, your problem, start learning to accept others opinions without baby crying like this. What a weird.

• well the thing is what she did is both illegal and immoral lol. so i don’t get why she’s suppose to get a pass…. and people expect the korean public who are already very conservative to just brush it off? :pepe-notes:

B.i got a pass

T.o.p got a pass

Hell even Seungri is getting a pass!!

I bet you he’s not cancelled when he gets out.

• B.i got a pass

T.o.p got a pass

Hell even Seungri is getting a pass!!

I bet you he’s not cancelled when he gets out.

seungri is literally in jail and fined thousands….

top received probation.

b.i was also give a few years for probation.

this chick is literally just getting hate in the internet and nothing else. if anything she’s the one getting a pass considering she’s not going to jail or being fined whatsoever. her career is literally being a social media influencer…. basically her whole career was based on being fake. what does her fans have to use to redeem her? it’s not like she has any other talent nor body of work. what did you think should happen? that these designer brands would want to be associated with her?

• They are on probation. They have a sentence. Still their career is not cancelled.

• Quote me if you are so bothered by my answer, clown.

I said that this isn't worth being cancelled and she is receiving this huge backlash bc she is indeed women. If you don't agree, your problem, start learning to accept others opinions without baby crying like this. What a weird.

I’m not bothered, idiot.

Her whole career is based on this persona of being rich and associating herself with designer brands. She’s a social media influencer that basically catfishes her followers. She cancelled herself and why would designers want to be associated with such fraud. The only clown is her.

• They are on probation. They have a sentence. Still their career is not cancelled.

Free Zia’s career is a social media influencer flaunting extravagant wealth and lifestyle while tagging designer brands in numerous photos. She cancelled herself when she decided most of the things she flaunted were fake.

There’s obviously bigger questions not being answered like why exactly would she do it? Peer pressure? Just cause? Did she think no one would notice? Cause that’s not normal….

Though obviously no one really did since she got exposed based on one article of clothing…. lol.

• gullible people trying to live their dreams through watching influencers content and then whining when it turns out to be false

Idiots all around X/

I mean it’s unfair to call people gullible because there are genuine social media influencers out there who are honest. Free Zia went out of her way to prove how rich she was, to the point of even tagging the official accounts of brands in her photos with fake garments on. lol it’s balsy of her honestly.

How no one caught on is beyond me.

But then again, she didn’t really become THAT BIG until the netflix show. lol.

Obviously it’s not like she killed anyone, but let’s be real…. people get “cancelled” all the time for less serious things like refusing to bow 90 degrees.

• I’m not bothered, idiot.

Her whole career is based on this persona of being rich and associating herself with designer brands. She’s a social media influencer that basically catfishes her followers. She cancelled herself and why would designers want to be associated with such fraud. The only clown is her.

Her problem, not mine. I just know i won't cancel someone like this when even the "luxury brands" didn't notice she was wearing fake. :pepestare:

And the exaggeration of this scandal is huge and by MY EXPERIENCE in kpop, MY CONCLUSION is that yes, a woman will always be judged harder and the hate will be in a level that doesn't make sense. But you do you, protect the ones hating the girl that are treating her like the worst criminal to ever exist.

• Her problem, not mine. I just know i won't cancel someone like this when even the "luxury brands" didn't notice she was wearing fake. :pepestare:

And the exaggeration of this scandal is huge and by MY EXPERIENCE in kpop, MY CONCLUSION is that yes, a woman will always be judged harder and the hate will be in a level that doesn't make sense. But you do you, protect the ones hating the girl that are treating her like the worst criminal to ever exist.

She literally did it to herself, but okay.

Also no one is treating her like she’s the worst criminal to ever exist.

• She literally did it to herself, but okay.

Also no one is treating her like she’s the worst criminal to ever exist.

She did, and as i said, not my problem and i won't cancel her over this when i know nothing about her life neither why she wanted this image so bad and I'm laughing a lot bc the ones cancelling her are majority not even her fans to begin with. They are just people using yet another opportunity to destroy someone else.

How many of us here are her fans?? I'm not, so why should I cancel her? But as a neutral person in this whole mess i can say that the hate is exaggerated and unnecessary.

• Okay.... let me break what all the comments are saying. I'm not going to quote anyone but if you would like to defend your stance you are welcome to argue.

1) This is a gender issue? Ummm... whenever there is any sort of controversy, regardless of gender, you best believe the korean media to turn on you and fast. Take Seungri for example. He was cancelled so fast because the media LIED about his involvement in the burning sun scandal. Whether he was apart of it or not is something I won't get into, but the text messages (which was the reason people canceled him) were false and someone admitted to fabricating it. I think the only thing he was guilty of was gambling. Even if he was innocent his career is over. A skz member was cancelled over fake b*llying allegations. He wasn't able to appear in kingdom and his were proven false.BTS were cancelled (or well, they tried) over the no signal thing and were literally called plagiarism boys and people made death threats and everything.

2) She was called out for lying about her entire career. Her whole career was a rich girl who liked designer clothes. That was her entire career as an insta model. Had she had any other talent like singing or acting, and she was an established name, I promise you she would not get cancelled over this. It's like if some exposed bts for have ghost writers or something. They are too big to get completely canceled but half their fans would be gone. And if was at the beginning of their career like it is for this girl, you bet their careers were over. It's not so much that she wore dupes, but that everything that people liked about her was fake. I mean V had to post a whole explanation as to why he was singing loser with screenshots and everything.

3) Gender issues in itself is difficult to talk about. Main reason boy groups aren't affect as harshly as girl groups is because of the fandom and their detective work. Like, the person who cleared the skz member was a fan if I remember correctly. Plus, the public as the attention span of a goldfish. They don't care in the future. I know there are actual gender issues such as criticizing females for being exposed while males can rip their shirt off on stage and how women should 'act' etc. But don't bring it up where it's not necessary. Not everything is a gender issue. Like, I get annoyed when people bring up the fact that bg are more successful butt that's not the society or stigmatization or something. After a couple years any act is out of the public eye and it's their fans that keep their career going. Girl group fans tend to be less loyal and guess who the majority of gg fans are, you guessed it women. So how is it men's fault that gg have a shorter career. That's the industry, not some agenda against women. Plus, that is only kpop groups. Soloists all tend to be females, there are like two really popular male soloists that I can think of off the top of my head and about five females. And I'm not even big on soloists.

4) I do agree with one thing, the hate she is getting is ridiculous. I read some comments, not sure if it was this forum or another but they were really bad. You can state your opinion without attacking her personally. What she did was wrong, but she isn't the worst person on Earth or something. The hate she is getting is unnecessary and quite frankly wrong. Two wrongs don't make a right. What she did was wrong, but that doesn't give people a right to attack her like this. Attacking her for wearing fakes is one thing. Sending de*th threats is another.

If I say anything incorrect please correct me and I will edit my comment accordingly. I'm also very sarcastic so please don't take anything I say to heart.

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!