Into the Spotlight: DPR

• This is a new series, inspired by the thread "Remember to support artists on the come-up" by superyeah and all the users who shared songs in the "Khh and Krnb Appreciation" thread , where non-mainstream or unknown artists are given some time to shine.

Any user is welcome to post a thread about any artists they want to promote and introduce to the rest of AKP.

okeechobee suggested it would be a weekly or bi-weekly series, and I decided to kick it off with DPR

Dream Perfect Regime (DPR): Started in

As said by DPR themselves:

" dream perfect regime (dpr) is a multi-genre music and video group. we create, direct, produce, and edit all types of visual work as well as curate artists that derive from various musical backgrounds and influences. based in seoul, our collective's main focus is to engage all audiences by actualizing a distinctive audiovisual experience "

To put it simply, DPR is an independent label and crew made up of close friends that work to create music, videos and other content produced solely in-house. They started off with no financial backing or support and slowly but carefully worked their way up earning support from their fans called "dreamers".

So who are the faces and brains behind DPR?

DPR Ian:

See the source image

Christian Yu also known as Yu Barom, is the founder, chief editor and director of DPR. He was born on September 6, 1990 in Sydney, Australia and used to b-boy before he moved to South Korea when he was 18 where he eventually debuted in the kpop group C-Clown under the stage name Rome as a leader, main dancer and main rapper. The group publicly announced their disbandment in 2015, but behind closed doors Christian had already begun to plant the seeds for what would now be known as DPR. Although he is mostly known for his work as a director in DPR, he has also participated in the making of many videos from multiple artists in the Korean music industry such as:

In 2020, he made his official solo debut with the song So Beautiful

He then dropped his next song, No Blueberries which featured his fellow DPR member DPR Live and the lovely CL

He finally dropped his first album Moodswings in This Order (MITO) in 2021 which came with 3 additional M/Vs, also directed by Ian

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I also recommend watching this video to get a sneak peak into his mind and the creative process behind MITO

He has continued to produce videos for DPR while also involving himself in other musical projects such as his collabs with DPR Live and has recently hinted that new music is on the way

Here are some other projects of him that I also recommend people to check out because I actually can't describe how great of a director, editor and artist he is and I respect and look up to him so much

Also if you want to know a bit about his personality: Lots of non-fans always imagine him as this bad boy because of his tattoos but it's funny because they couldn't be more wrong. He is actually a crackhead boomer who knows absolutely nothing about the internet and the only one he can smooth talk is his dog, Lori lol.

DPR Live:

See the source image

Hong Dabin was born in South Korea on January 1, 1993. When he was 5 years old, he moved to Guam and lived there for 13 years before he moved back to South Korea to complete his mandatory military service where he found the "inspiration to go after his dream" and it was here that he began to write. He continued writing, which eventually led him to grow a passion for music and so he began to pursue his dreams. Eventually, he met Christian Yu and the two became close friends, even having videos showing them dancing together. Eventually, Ian met and introduced Scott Kim to Dabin, and thus the trio formed DPR, with DPR Live being the face of the group, rapping in their first video, Till I Die

While Till I Die was a nice introduction to DPR Live and the crew, it wasn't until their next release that they began to really gain the attention of the public.

The song that introduced many people to DPR: Eung Freestyle

With a collab between multiple k-hiphop artists such as Flowsik and Sik-K, this song went viral after it was featured in a Youtube Music ad and even made it onto a popular reaction channel

Due to the popularity of the song, interest in DPR Live rose and more people began checking out his music. He continued to drop music and released three new songs after Eung Freestyle, including Thirst which is still one of my favourite DPR Live songs to this day.

Although DPR had been producing art and making a name for themselves for a while, it wasn't until two years after his first song that DPR Live finally released his debut album, Coming To You Live - named after his iconic catchphrase that can be heard in the beginning of his songs.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The album includes a range of collabs with some of the top artists in the K-Hiphop and Krnb scene which is insane for a debut album

Collabs include:

The album also includes another one of my favourite songs from DPR Live called Cheese & Wine

The same year DPR Live also released another album called Her, which included some of DPR Live's most popular songs such as Text Me, Martini Blue and Jasmine which was produced by Code Kunst

A year later, he returned with the two singles Playlist and Action! featuring Gray

He then took a well deserved 2 year break after his almost constant releasing of music before he finally returned with one of his most amazing and personal albums: IS ANYBODY OUT THERE?

The album includes some of DPR's best music videos and is the introduction to DPR's universe.

Also I advise people to listen to this album in order because it makes everything flow seamlessly and narrates a story perfectly. One of the best albums I've ever heard. A short documentary video was also released which shows people want goes on behind the scenes in DPR and it shows the effort and hard work of everyone in the team

In the same year DPR Live also released Jam & Butterfly featuring Crush and Eaj

He then returned in 2021 and dropped his pre-release Yellow Cab and fourth album which was also named after another one of his catchphrases: IITE COOL

The album features Hwasa and Beenzino in Hula Hoops

And also fellow DPR member DPR Ian in Boom which features at the end of the Summer Tights M/V

DPR Live is one of my favourite korean rappers and he seems amazing in live performances

And for videos if you want to learn a bit about his personality

🍭 iite cool🍭

dpr layouts Tumblr posts - Tumbip.com

Edited 2 times, last by ZombiePopsicle ().

• DPR Rem :

Queen of the zungle — NO MONEY IS WORTH LOOSING YOU~ DPR REM

Scott Kim is the creative director and executive producer of DPR. He was one of the first people to join the team along with DPR Ian and DPR Live. He was born on February 21, 1992 and grew up in New York. He eventually came to South Korea around 2011/2012 and met Amber Liu through a close friend, causing them to become close and they eventually created a channel some of you might have known as What The Pineapple! which eventually became Amber's channel.

Was also in this video

I'm not sure if they're still friends anymore though.

It was around this time that Scott met Christian and they became close friends and then DPR was formed (I feel like I've said this sentence a hundred times now :annoyedk: ). He is the one behind the merch, content and concerts of DPR and is a vital member for the team to work.

DPR Rem has no songs as of yet but he has hinted to possibly dropping something on twitter

External Content twitter.com

This was the most I could find about him but if you wanna get to know more about him check out his social media and you can catch him in DPR videos.

DPR Cream:

pasted-from-clipboard.jpg

Kim Hyungmo is one of the main producers in DPR and is behind a lot of the production of DPR. He was born on January 3, 1988 in South Korea and was one of the latest to join DPR. He was part of the k-indie duo LAYBACKSOUND before joining DPR.

He produced majority of the songs in DPR Live's Coming To You Live and in 2019 he debuted as a solo artist with the single album The Voyager 737 which included the songs Color Drive and Problems

He then released a song with DPR Live called Gravity which is my favourite song of his

While he mostly produces for DPR he has also worked with other artists and produced songs for them

He's a music genius and is nicknamed DPR Mozart due to his creativity and the masterpieces he creates

Listen to this album which is mostly just made up of instrumental songs he produced but also contains some gems from Ian and Live (e.g Zombie Pop which inspired my username)

Here's him just vibing on the keyboard

DPR Cline:

Lee Sungjoo, also known as Jimmy Cline specializes in different forms of marketing and production. He was born on April 29, 1994 in South Korea. He's DPR Live's cousin and also the number one DPR hype man.

Here's him going insane at one of their concerts

He collaborated with DPR Live on the League of Legends song, 'Set It Off'

The rest of these members have little to no info about them but I tried my best

DPR John:

Also known as Son Jian, DPR John was born on February 12, 1997 and is from the USA. He is an assistant and mainly helps Ian creating the visual content in DPR

He's also the one who made the Lift-Off Documentary that I showed earlier and he's a massive dork. He shows up every now and then in lives but I think this one shows off his personality perfectly

Artic:

Also known as Yongwoo Kim, he is the manager of DPR and is also a DJ. He was born on November 5, 1991 in South Korea

Jungmoo:

Full name is Jun Jungmoo and he was born on March 27, 1990 in South Korea. He is also an assistant and has been in the team since the beginning, working on mostly the business side of DPR.

Joon:

Stylist in DPR. I have no idea when he was born and I can't really find anything about him but from twitter I'm gonna guess he's born around December 26, but I don't know what year.

That's everyone I could find.

Other DPR related videos I recommend are:

🍭 iite cool🍭

Edited 3 times, last by ZombiePopsicle ().

• Oh I also forgot these collabs

🍭 iite cool🍭

• With the current DPR badge event, ZombiePopsicle showed me this thread, and now I think more people need to appreciate the amazing production these guys have done. (And also Zombie's 6 hours of work trying to promote them!)

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• I think Ian and Cream have my favorite songs! The way Ian sings is a really lovely distinct way; he kind of reminds me of Woosung in that sense of just being so distinct and easily identifiable.

The Scaredy Cat MV is also highly entertaining. :music-raccoon:

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• I think Ian and Cream have my favorite songs! The way Ian sings is a really lovely distinct way; he kind of reminds me of Woosung in that sense of just being so distinct and easily identifiable.

The Scaredy Cat MV is also highly entertaining. :music-raccoon:

Yeah, I love Ian's voice. It's kind of calming and chilling at the same time :lighter-pepe:

I wish Cream would release more songs, the two he already has are amazing :pepe-grooving:

🍭 iite cool🍭

• This is a great thread to re-emerge. I think I let ZombiePopsicle down when they were looking for someone else to continue this series. Ayy.. :pepe-peek:

It's fine, I kind of forgot about this series too, it needs some updating ^^

You're free to create a thread like this to continue this series anytime, I'd love to know about some more unknown artists :pepe-pj-green:

🍭 iite cool🍭

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!