Will Jae's next release as an independent artist manage to sell more copies than the quote-tweets he got for his comment about Jamie?

• Will Jae's next release as an independent artist manage to sell more copies than the quote-tweets he got for his comment about Jamie? 44

1. Yes (3) 7%
    2. No (41) 93%

Well... will it? Discuss.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

After about 5 hours he sits at 16.5k quote-tweets :pepe-smug:

• This guy gives me closet asian/ internalized racism/ self hate vibes idk he even answered that one youtuber known for being racist especially towards asians and now this. Jesus, he reminds me of that one edgy teenage phase where you hate everyone and everything aka. 8th grade disease. Also saying just kidding after saying stupid stuff doesn’t undo insults and stupid opinions

• Semi off topic here.... does being "ratioed" mean that you have a lot more quoted retweets than likes on a tweet? Like if you have 100 likes but 800 quoted retweets?

And if this is correct, why is it considered a bad thing? Quoted retweets could be positive, why do folks assume they're always negative?

If it's a bad take it's generally mostly negative in nature.

• I dont think that he realized it yet but He kept saying he will be reunited with day6 member the said he is not kpop anymore. Then be ruining their image. I really think day6 member will renew with jyp and leave this self-hate asian guy/who dont do KPOP anymore for good

• Semi off topic here.... does being "ratioed" mean that you have a lot more quoted retweets than likes on a tweet? Like if you have 100 likes but 800 quoted retweets?

And if this is correct, why is it considered a bad thing? Quoted retweets could be positive, why do folks assume they're always negative?

Quoted retweets don’t really mean positive or negative. It just shows that people don’t agree with the tweet or the tweet is controversial and people are discussing it. Or it could also be someone asking for opinions. Sometimes people use quotes to bring the tweet to their tl so that their followers can see it. So it’s not all black and white

If you're a celebrity, there's no way you're gonna have less likes than quotes unless something controversial happened. It's easier to leave a like, then to comment

• Since he isn't a "idol" anymore people will forget about this quicker than they would have had it been a traditional idol. Also these sorts of things in the grand scheme of things wasn't a "big deal" so in general this situation will be forgotten about. Hell traditionally western artists including rappers have said and done far worse and actually meant every word or action and nothing has happened to them they still sell million albums and make millions and get collabs with your faves etc. Jae maybe an idiot but this won't kill his career.

• Since he isn't a "idol" anymore people will forget about this quicker than they would have had it been a traditional idol. Also these sorts of things in the grand scheme of things wasn't a "big deal" so in general this situation will be forgotten about. Hell traditionally western artists including rappers have said and done far worse and actually meant every word or action and nothing has happened to them they still sell million albums and make millions and get collabs with your faves etc. Jae maybe an idiot but this won't kill his career.

The way you draw similarities from mostly African American rappers in the US who grew up in projects with maybe one parent in jail and one hard working mom with three jobs (generalisation I know - just for the sake of comparison) with some idol type Asian American who disrespects women and never had hardships in his life?

Like he’d be eaten by Meghan, Nicky, Cardi etc. And that’s just the girls.

He should maybe team up with Rich Brian or Jay Park to have a chance and then shut the f up.

But he could have an audience from what I’ve seen guys answer on akp.

Thing is, those western artist and rapper actually still retain their core audiences to push for them. For Jae now, even his core audiences is cancelling him. If he actually has like billboard top ranked song or something he may be able to be like those western artists but he doesn't have any similar success to get back from "cancellation".

• Thing is, those western artist and rapper actually still retain their core audiences to push for them. For Jae now, even his core audiences is cancelling him. If he actually has like billboard top ranked song or something he may be able to be like those western artists but he doesn't have any similar success to get back from "cancellation".

True but this isn't a very serious issue. This "cancelling" will die out in about two weeks and be forgotten about. The bandwagon will move on to bigger fish to fry. Then he will come back maybe with some fire af song or some touchingly meaningful song that resonates with alot of people's feelings or cause and completely forget about his "past"

• Did i mention African American rappers? You are the one that singlged that out. You are obviously reaching for something. Not a smart idea to play dangerous games. There have been countless rock and roll pop artists and rappers who are not black or Asian who have said/done shit and they still sell like crazy. Unlike you im not singling out a particular demographic. And also my comment targets artists from both genders but i digress. Im not playing this game 🤡

• Did i mention African American rappers? You are the one that singlged that out. You are obviously reaching for something. Not a smart idea to play dangerous games. There have been countless rock and roll pop artists and rappers who are not black or Asian who have said/done shit and they still sell like crazy. Unlike you im not singling out a particular demographic. And also my comment targets artists from both genders but i digress. Im not playing this game 🤡

How many rappers are white?

But yeah lets not play. You think it will be over in a few weeks with Jae. I beg to differ.

• If you're a celebrity, there's no way you're gonna have less likes than quotes unless something controversial happened. It's easier to leave a like, then to comment

Makes sense. I guess most people are not self important gasbags like me who love to rant about every little thing. Hitting "like" isnt satisfying enough for me, i need to rant and rave and add my 20 cents in everything even when i agree with the tweet. X(

• True but this isn't a very serious issue. This "cancelling" will die out in about two weeks and be forgotten about. The bandwagon will move on to bigger fish to fry. Then he will come back maybe with some fire af song or some touchingly meaningful song that resonates with alot of people's feelings or cause and completely forget about his "past"

Its not a serious issue but its serious enough to affect his professional relationship with others. Dive producers who he actually have had good relationship with before is also taking offense and siding with Jamie. Even the merch brand he worked with, represent, they had already unfollowed him on IG. While the main mass audience may forget, its already recorded in many professional companies and production that this guy is problematic and can bring harm to their brand.

• Let’s not act as if there aren’t a tons of rapper who disrespect women and even sexually abused them. Having it hard growing up, does not make these acts okay.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!