Lyricist of Step Back- GOT the beat revealed

• Not sure why he can't come up with something better for a lyrics but anyhow I can ignore it since lyrics isn't even a huge deal for me.

As long the song is good and the performance slaps which GOT delivered. I'm sold

• Welp shit. Lol, so Dream Come True English lyrics was also his? Hey can you check that out?

no info

but should be him I guess

[Credits]

Executive Producer: SM ENTERTAINMENT Co., Ltd.

Producer: SOO-MAN LEE

Music & Sound Supervisor: YOO YOUNG JIN

Directed by YOO YOUNG JIN / BoA

Background Vocals by YOO YOUNG JIN / aespa

Recorded by YOO YOUNG JIN @ SM BOOMINGSYSTEM

Digital Editing by YOO YOUNG JIN @ SM BOOMINGSYSTEM

Mixed by YOO YOUNG JIN @ SM BOOMINGSYSTEM

Mastered by 전훈 @ SONICKOREA (Assist. 신수민)

• :eyes:

#fuckoff #lawsuit

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

#fuckoff #lawsuit

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

the hashtags :pepe-notes:

so he definitely read the ratio coming for him last few days

• OK, if aespa want to seriously expand into more international markets especially the west, then they should not use him exclusively.

Hire another producer who strictly set out to do this. His production while is interesting, but I feel it too constraints to certain taste. Also, his lyrics are childish and sometime just none sense.

Also, I don't think he use the vocalists property. The best example is this song. He kept giving winter repeating high notes in the different song and there were too many of them sometimes it become noise. I don't see aespa expand any further if SM does not hire an alternate producer.

#fuckoff #lawsuit

Like yikes. I know the whole ruckus over the lyrics is going overboard but this is unprofessional of him. His talented but he needs to sit down.

This got me thinking, we seriously need more female producers, production staff etc. I wonder if this is women producing then we wouldn't have this type of drama.

• Interesting...

in the list of writers, he is credited not only as a composer but as a lyricist too. He is the same person who wrote Girls on Top in 2005. The song that the Kfans were comparing to this one as the progressive lyric.

Did he get hit in the head? to change from writing great lyrics in the past to writing about catfights over a boy for such a strong women lineup...

I already said a lot about how I disliked some of the thrown-out words in Savage album that he wrote and preferred Giselle's writing about the same topic way more(tho DCT didn't bother me as much tbh).

His problem is he is trying to be "hip" so much in his new songs' lyrics and it's not working. Hopefully, the backlash this song got solely over the lyrics knocks some sense into him. Because despite the cringe words he puts out occasionally, he had a good history with songs, and still holds an important position to the artists and the company so there's no point in asking to "change him". I have already calmed down about the lyrics and said all I wanted so nothing but to hope the next projects are better.

lt64IYu.gif

• I am surprised none of the female producers/lyricists/composers in SM work on this. Kenzie is as big as YYJ in SM and she produces a lot of their songs and is popular within the fandom especially recently. NCT members even call her "the mother of SM" while YYJ is "the father". I mean I am not saying that they should capitalize on "feminist lyrics" and "female power" but women really do write better for women.

lt64IYu.gif

• I feel like it's pretty obvious it's someone from SM. SM is the best at making cringy lyrics lol. Like for example that "You make it feel me good, don't you wanna upside down" part in aespa's dreams comes true is super cringy, it doesn't makes sense although for some reason it is pretty catchy.

• I am surprised none of the female producers/lyricists/composers in SM work on this. Kenzie is as big as YYJ in SM and she produces a lot of their songs and is popular within the fandom especially recently. NCT members even call her "the mother of SM" while YYJ is "the father". I mean I am not saying that they should capitalize on "feminist lyrics" and "female power" but women really do write better for women.

Yeah i immediately think of Kenzie too, all the songs (that i've heard) with her in it this year are really good too and receive good response.

yeah i still trust him because his good history couldn't be forgotten easily and far outweight the cringy lyrics that he made recently. His recent lyrics didn't even bother me actually. Beside, i usually like his songs too so :pepepizza:

• OK, if aespa want to seriously expand into more international markets especially the west, then they should not use him exclusively.

Hire another producer who strictly set out to do this. His production while is interesting, but I feel it too constraints to certain taste. Also, his lyrics are childish and sometime just none sense.

Also, I don't think he use the vocalists property. The best example is this song. He kept giving winter repeating high notes in the different song and there were too many of them sometimes it become noise. I don't see aespa expand any further if SM does not hire an alternate producer.

it is what it is at least his magic are working very well in aespa songs

YYJ is in top position and basically built SM from scratch along with LSM so he won't go anywhere

Better bring back moonshine and LDN Noise and put them as main producers along with YYJ

• this guy will be responsible for the fall of the girls, remember my words. he cannot properly use vocals and he cannot create meaningful texts for their concept. I swear the guys working on aespa are the worst that could have happened, their performance director, choreographer to songwriter. look at dreams come true - best choreography and best vocal use so far. we need women, not men.

• this guy will be responsible for the fall of the girls, remember my words. he cannot properly use vocals and he cannot create meaningful texts for their concept. I swear the guys working on aespa are the worst that could have happened, their performance director, choreographer to songwriter. look at dreams come true - best choreography and best vocal use so far. we need women, not men.

Korean people loved YYJ too much so they won't

+ His Kwangya Magic are working very well :pepe-hehe:

just look at the difference when it's revealed that YYJ wrote the lyrics.

the challenge will be western expansion

• Oot but i want him to have collab again or release his own songs because literally every sm demo that has him singing always sound so great and dare i say better than the released ones.

Do you think YYJ sings Dear My Family in this video?

External Content www.youtube.com

• Do you think YYJ sings Dear My Family in this video?

External Content www.youtube.com

Yes it's definitely him. His voice has so much soul and to me personally it's always a delight to notice his background vocals in my faves' songs :pepe-grooving:

• 1000 percent agree. The dude rubs me the wrong way, he seems like a mothereffing prima donna who thinks his shit dont stink.

Like, these are literal kids on TW that are going after him. He's a grown ass man, he can't even take meaningless irrelevant TW criticism without lashing out like a 13 year old??

And that lawsuit threat is hilarious. How the hell is he gonna file a lawsuit against a TW handle? How is he gonna get TW to reveal the IP numbers of the users making fun of him? Then how is he gonna get the ISPs of the users to hand over the identities of the users? The courts will take one look at his "case" (basically, a bunch of randos on the internet were being mean to him and called him names) and throw his ass out of the courtroom. They might even fine him for contempt for wasting their time.

• The song is rising on the charts so I guess everyone got over it.

• Like, these are literal kids on TW that are going after him. He's a grown ass man, he can't even take meaningless irrelevant TW criticism without lashing out like a 13 year old??

And that lawsuit threat is hilarious. How the hell is he gonna file a lawsuit against a TW handle? How is he gonna get TW to reveal the IP numbers of the users making fun of him? Then how is he gonna get the ISPs of the users to hand over the identities of the users? The courts will take one look at his "case" (basically, a bunch of randos on the internet were being mean to him and called him names) and throw his ass out of the courtroom. They might even fine him for contempt for wasting their time.

Wait what exactly happened?

• This thread contains 15 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!