Monsta X stylist//visual director disrespecting Muslim

• https://www.reddit.com/r/kpopr…roid_app&utm_source=share

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Okay but not even Muslim ever used any clothes or iterm that have our God's name into something like this.... another day of kpop industry being ignorant

• Honestly I'm not suprised, just disappointed. Seen a lot of people trying to excuse this by saying it's the stylist fault, but really I.M lived in both the US and Isreal which both have a big muslim population. Also we need to stop acting like he didn't have a say in what to wear. His album is self-made so he probably had a lot of say in the creativity of it all. Starship and I.M both need to make an honest apology. One thing that isn't helping though is I'm already seeing people say that he needs to be kicked out of Monsta X, like no he doesn't. Out right canceling people isn't going to help or solve the ongoing problem of C.A and religious disrespect. Educate him and let him apologize. If you don't like his apology then stop stanning him.

• Honestly I'm not suprised, just disappointed. Seen a lot of people trying to excuse this by saying it's the stylist fault, but really I.M lived in both the US and Isreal which both have a big muslim population. Also we need to stop acting like he didn't have a say in what to wear. His album is self-made so he probably had a lot of say in the creativity of it all. Starship and I.M both need to make an honest apology. One thing that isn't helping though is I'm already seeing people say that he needs to be kicked out of Monsta X, like no he doesn't. Out right canceling people isn't going to help or solve the ongoing problem of C.A and religious disrespect. Educate him and let him apologize. If you don't like his apology then stop stanning him.

I don’t think there’s any excuses for him on this matter. He can’t say he doesn’t know, he’s straight up dumb for not knowing it. He need to apologize and remove the teasers all together.

He lived in occupied Palestine? Why?

• placing Hindu religion's Deity on floor & dancing in front of it....

Using the word "Mose" in corny rap lyrics...

Now putting Islam religion's holy words on shirts...

Is it that difficult to stay on your own culture rather than begging from others?!?!

If the team hasn't do it deliberately, they need to apologise & make sure not to do it further.

• He lived in occupied Palestine? Why?

you mean Israel. He lived there with his family.

Honestly I'm not suprised, just disappointed. Seen a lot of people trying to excuse this by saying it's the stylist fault, but really I.M lived in both the US and Isreal which both have a big muslim population. Also we need to stop acting like he didn't have a say in what to wear. His album is self-made so he probably had a lot of say in the creativity of it all. Starship and I.M both need to make an honest apology. One thing that isn't helping though is I'm already seeing people say that he needs to be kicked out of Monsta X, like no he doesn't. Out right canceling people isn't going to help or solve the ongoing problem of C.A and religious disrespect. Educate him and let him apologize. If you don't like his apology then stop stanning him.

just because he lived in Israel as a child, he should be able to read Arabic? Sorry, but as a non-Muslim without any knowledge about the language I wouldn’t know that these are important religious verses. And yes, of course before taking photos with such a shirt on, you better search the meaning. That was a mistake. But: Why the designer of this shirt thought such holy verses could be good aesthetics is beyond me.

• Aren’t you fuckin obsess with BP?? This thread is about MonstaX but you have to bring up issues in the past that have been addressed already. Didn’t your fandom already tagged and call for the attention of extremist groups knowing how dangerous it was. Knowing that it was not the fault of the artist. Sickos. YG already listened to the complains and edited out the MV but you’re still here want to use the issue for fan war. No one gives batshit about appropriating Christian tradition? I’m Christian myself and I’m not offended! Because for the most part of history white Europeans used the same belief (Christianity) to enslave people and colonize countries. Our religion deserves to made fun of, it’s not even enough to make up for all the shit European Christians have done.

Stop using real issues to cause hate on groups you don’t like. Let people who owns the culture speak for themselves. You’re downplaying the issue here which is about monsta x to stupid fan war.

Truth hurts.

• but if i ever say bismillah in front of them ill be called a terrorist

wish people would stop using islam as an aesthetic

Stop exaggerating, nobody is talking about middle easterner muslims in the west or korea now. China is genociding muslim Uyghurs and you could hear a pin drop of silence from the usual justice crowd and muslim organizations in the west.

he wrote a shirt, the design used was offensive to muslims. okay. but dont act like this is an actual threat to muslims

• Honestly I have muslim family members and from what I know they said it’s offensive but they aren’t mad. More disappointed but not outraged.

I don’t think he chose what he wore and I don’t think anyone there knows an ayat from the quran. But i’m glad it was solved

• Well then it should be totally fine to make fun of and insult the Islamic religion for all the shit muslims did through history : from colonialism,imperialism, slavery to the recent beheadings

What the hell? The majority of people who took part in that were empires. There are so many muslims whom their own people never took part in any of that. Seriously? Must 2 billion muslims apologize for the stupid shit kings did centuries ago? And the recent things? Yes, i’m sooo sure muslims have anything to do with that.

Just say you’re islamophobic and go

• What the hell? The majority of people who took part in that were empires. There are so many muslims whom their own people never took part in any of that. Seriously? Must 2 billion muslims apologize for the stupid shit kings did centuries ago? And the recent things? Yes, i’m sooo sure muslims have anything to do with that.

Just say you’re islamophobic and go

I was replying to the first post with the same argument. Why you getting mad at me?

Add hinduism to my previous post with their inhumane caste system.

• I was replying to the first post with the same argument. Why you getting mad at me?

Because someone already replied to that other person and I’m replying to you and when you literally said “it’s ok to make fun of a religion with 2 billion followers and insult words that are precious to them just because of the mistakes of others”.

ew.

• stfu and don't tell me how to feel

Muslims r stereotyped as terrorists and are mocked every day yet people have no issue using our religion as an aesthetic??

feel whatever way you want, hun. but yo feelings aint affecting reality.

muslims and the korean community are overall on good terms. no muslim would ever have have to worry about Koreans destroying their culture, killing them, jailing them or de-converting them. but guess from what other country's government they do

stereotypes will always exist because everyone is born ignorant until they get educated by parents and school. so we must always educate every new generation.

we live in a society...

• Because someone already replied to that other person and I’m replying to you and when you literally said “it’s ok to make fun of a religion with 2 billion followers and insult words that are precious to them just because of the mistakes of others”.

ew.

Nah no one adressed their point. I didnt see you or anyone getting so butthurt over their comment either. Now when I just replaced one word yall getting mad lmao

And my comment was adressed to that person and their post and not to you.

• Nah no one adressed their point. I didnt see you or anyone getting so butthurt over their comment either. Now when I just replaced one word yall getting mad lmao

And my comment was adressed to that person and their post and not to you.

Your comment stood out to me more. “it should be totally fine”.

That other person is always trolling anyways.

• Bro, pls stop with the stupidity. If you wanted me to use google, why would you reply to my post to begin with??

There are other members who explained it without being bitter.

That's all the respect (none) your language deserved.

• gurl this thread is about monstax wtf

• How did they not check what the text said? Its like that meme of westerners getting tattoos of words in east asian languages because the think it looks 'aesthetic' but not actually checking what those words mean. This infinitely worse though since it's literally a holy scripture.

• gurl this thread is about monstax wtf

Girl, the little portion of this thread is "Disrespecting muslims" . Isn't it?

When groups gets a get away pass by disrespecting other religions, other gets encouragement to do so in future. If you are not a muslim & doesn't know the meaning of "Mose", don't come at me.

The fans who come to throat of other groups for disrespecting other religions goes numb when it is done by their own fav. The thing is called " Double Standard".

• Girl, the little portion of this thread is "Disrespecting muslims" . Isn't it?

When groups gets a get away pass by disrespecting other religions, other gets encouragement to do so in future. If you are not a muslim & doesn't know the meaning of "Mose", don't come at me.

The fans who come to throat of other groups for disrespecting other religions goes numb when it is done by their own fav. The thing is called " Double Standard".

youre disgusting

using this as a way to attack bp

• youre disgusting

using this as a way to attack bp

Disgusting are those who use religion related word as aesthetic to their corny lyrics & more disgusting are those hypocrites who defend them.

"Using this to attack...." are you Mad? They have said this openly. And if I point out it, I am using it?! Like seriously?!

Don't get blind so much for your girlies that using Religious words in their corny lyrics seems to be fine for you & who point it out seems to be disgusting to you.

• Disgusting are those who use religion related word as aesthetic to their corny lyrics & more disgusting are those hypocrites who defend them.

"Using this to attack...." are you Mad? They have said this openly. And if I point out it, I am using it?! Like seriously?!

Don't get blind so much for your girlies that using Religious words in their corny lyrics seems to be fine for you & who point it out seems to be disgusting to you.

lmfao okay

yall r probably the same people who accused blackpink for using abuse as an aesthetic back in 2019

• lmfao okay

yall r probably the same people who accused blackpink for using abuse as an aesthetic back in 2019

Your assumption power lmao..

. On 2019, even if they exist or not was not known to me & I was someone who accused them?! Like?! Have you turned mad?!

Again, same thing. Don't be blind that much that you feel totally ok with your fav mocking someone's religion.

And their scenerio of using abuse as aesthetics by them is known to me on the last of 2020. I didn't say anything about that anywhere . Cs, ppl who are illiterate enough to use the word "Mose" in their corny lyrics, coming this from them is normal enough.

• This thread contains one more post that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!